Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f...things to know...

16 hours ago, Comedian said:

You can alter the indicator volume using carista.

10 to 2 isn't normal !!! ;)

Thanks Comedian, I'd never heard of Carista.

It does seem to require a smartphone though, which I don't have. I'm keeping my old Nokia until it dies

As you correctly pointed out; normal is not my thing.

I'm fascinated by the noise comments; I just think it sounds great and am less concerned about how or why.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

No smartphone? Well, you might be onto a good thing there.

Another option is to ask Lexus to alter it for you using techstream next time you take the car in. 

2 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

It does seem to require a smartphone though, which I don't have. I'm keeping my old Nokia until it dies

As you correctly pointed out; normal is not my thing.

I'm fascinated by the noise comments; I just think it sounds great and am less concerned about how or why.

See I am it’s a 5 litre v8. There should be no need for synthesied sound. Clearly not a deal breaker just daft. 

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'm wondering if it has it's own fuse that can be pulled out? Certainly not needed with decent pipes fitted.

@ColinBarber  Do you have the fuse layout diagrams?

Lexus have a thing for keeping their cars subtle in the decibel department. By adding this they probably expected to give their customers the best of both worlds but didn't account for true petrol heads who want the sound to come naturally. 

_20180329_151827.thumb.JPG.cc247a060faa506c8ef06ce577c02e3c.JPG

• Like 1

@emjay82 I had no idea you were into all that Oriental stuff so I gave the exhaust thing some thought...

As  Confucius says “ Man who goes to bed at night with exhaust problem on mind wakes up in morning with solution in hand “

Quicksilver :yahoo:

Big Rat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'm wondering if it has it's own fuse that can be pulled out? Certainly not needed with decent pipes fitted.

@ColinBarber  Do you have the fuse layout diagrams?

On the GS the equaliser/amp that drives the ASC speakers is fed via shared fuses. I'd strongly suggest the RC F is the same.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:54 AM, Comedian said:

Another option is to ask Lexus to alter it for you using techstream next time you take the car in.

I shall give that a go; it should be going in soon for the fuel pump recall, so they might as well play with the indicator