Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calling all north east owners help needed Abandoned ls400

hello guys I have a bit of a task, private land of a company near to where i live is demolishing and dismembering buildings the lexus ls400 is actually on their land and i have the task of removing it however, i have spoke to previous company and they have stated it was there for five years and never moved. Im trying to desperately get in touch with the current owner or registered keeper of the car to see if they have the keys and are wanting the vehicle before it goes into the storage compound. The car is located within the north east and was wondering if i show a picture if anybody would notice the car. Hasn't been on the road for around 9 Years doesn't show insured taxed and all hpi clear.

I have checked with police and its not a known vehicle. I have spoken to the DVLA who will be sending information about current/previous owners to me but could take 4 weeks. 

I have blanked out plate for data protection reasons but can tell you its a J REG and last two letters are EA

IMG_20180328_143449.jpg

IMG_20180328_143402.jpg

IMG_20180328_143351.jpg

amount of rain we get up north lol, it hasnt moved for at least 6 years from this spot as i live just down the road from it, just trying to find owner to save the heart ache of a storage bill if it goes that way

Left there for 5 years! did you re-inflate the tyres or someone else? if the car is parked without permission on private land I doubt very much (very, very,) the owner of the land give any 'law-full' permission to interfere with it in any way unless they have 'law-full' written authority from some source in a legal position to give them that authority.

They can legally 'ask' you/anyone to move it, any probs doing so is down to you/anyone doing that.

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Left there for 5 years! did you re-inflate the tyres or someone else? if the car is parked without permission on private land I doubt very much (very, very,) the owner of the land give any 'law-full' permission to interfere with it in any way unless they have 'law-full' written authority from some source in a legal position to give them that authority.

They can legally 'ask' you/anyone to move it, any probs doing so is down to you/anyone doing that.

Thats why im trying to find the owner. Currently going through employee records too from previous company just wondering if any local members on here would recognise the car. 

Not my part of the country unfortunately, but a great find and surely a future classic - assuming the engine wasn't damaged before it was parked up it will be worth something just for the engine,

The owner may turn up when activity at the site starts?

I have no idea what the law says about unclaimed vehicles, but if reported as found to the police, perhaps after 30 days or whatever is required it can be sold?

23 minutes ago, AZ_LS400 said:

Thats why im trying to find the owner.

OK, good luck, what about the tyres, who inflated them?

13 minutes ago, DaKa said:

but if reported as found to the police, perhaps after 30 days or whatever is required it can be sold?

I remember there is some law or other like that, I think once something is reported 'found' anyone handing it in can keep it if its not claimed within a certain time frame the the finder has the option of keeping it, a car has more obvious complications.

As you only know the Reg number when was the last MOT ?

Perhaps you could contact the RAC as they may, if the owner is a current Member ,(although Data protection Act will probably stop them relaying any info to you) , contact the owner to inform him/her of what you say is happening. 

I do have some doubts that a Car left on waste ground up North would not have suffered from Vandalism, and not look pristine.  Has it been moved? A small amount of marks on the tarmac suggests it has? 

I live in Washington but don't know this car. Where abouts is it.  The old BOC works is currently being redeveloped. If you need some help give pm me.  Jim

17 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

As you only know the Reg number when was the last MOT ?

Perhaps you could contact the RAC as they may, if the owner is a current Member ,(although Data protection Act will probably stop them relaying any info to you) , contact the owner to inform him/her of what you say is happening. 

I do have some doubts that a Car left on waste ground up North would not have suffered from Vandalism, and not look pristine.  Has it been moved? A small amount of marks on the tarmac suggests it has? 

car has been in a 24 hour manned secure industrial site for past 6 years so been away from vandals

I had one Phil and it lasted me 16 years but it was not as well built as the Mark 4 very susceptible to rust around the rear mudguards and arches the brakes were not as good and the ride was very spongy .There were also electronic display issues which have disappeared on the Mark 4

There is a 10 year gap of production improvement up to the Mark 4 mainly based on customer feedback so the mark 4 should be better.

15 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

I had one Phil and it lasted me 16 years but it was not as well built as the Mark 4 very susceptible to rust around the rear mudguards and arches the brakes were not as good and the ride was very spongy .There were also electronic display issues which have disappeared on the Mark 4

There is a 10 year gap of production improvement up to the Mark 4 mainly based on customer feedback so the mark 4 should be better.

I can concur with the rust issues although only the front wings are displaying rust on my car. Spongy ride? I'm not sure but now I've got an "off-Roader" with these incorrectly quoted KYB springs at the back it will be firmer!  Power steering leaks another problem and just ordered brand new replacement Pump and new Alternator which will be in the car for the next 2000 mile run. Praying there won't be an "event" pre return to UK to have them fitted.  Will be a change from taking those two Rear Springs each trip!  

Somehow this does not add up does it?  We have a Lexus LS400 parked at a private land owned by a company that sat there for over 6 years and nobody knows the owner?  What kind of a company is that?   The car has not moved for over 5 years and not been on the road for 9? An LS400 that looks well maintained after standing still outdoors summer and winter for years on?

Id say a case for inspector Morse!  (and dont open the boot you never know whats in there..)  

40 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Somehow this does not add up does it?  We have a Lexus LS400 parked at a private land owned by a company that sat there for over 6 years

Yes, & if kids got injured playing on it the company who owns the land would be liable in civil law for any injury, judges decision would rule on it in a civil claim!

There would be some complicated legal issues if the car was on the property when the company bought the land 'if' someone said it was/is their property.

Yes Stuart I had forgotten about the pump and alt, its that long ago they were the most expensive of the niggles yet cheap to fix with a new o ring in the pump I discovered later.

I got my replacement pump off Freddy Starr's Ls400 which he wrote off on the M6 when he rolled it ,that was'nt funny at the time.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Somehow this does not add up does it?  We have a Lexus LS400 parked at a private land owned by a company that sat there for over 6 years and nobody knows the owner?  What kind of a company is that?   The car has not moved for over 5 years and not been on the road for 9? An LS400 that looks well maintained after standing still outdoors summer and winter for years on?

Id say a case for inspector Morse!  (and dont open the boot you never know whats in there..)  

I've not had a reply to when the last MOT was taken.  Perhaps also it would be interesting to know what it says from a viewpoint of a Car being abandoned. We know just how expensive parts are for these Cars - lovely as they are.  Daresay we've all seen eBay cars that have been left in the front garden unmoved for six years and they don't look like this one!  Nor do the ones I've seen at the breakers yard.  Miraculous is the word I'm thinking of.

3 hours ago, dendonc said:

Have you checked the mot history on DVLA web site?

Can't do because the OP has blocked out the number plate, though god knows why. I often wonder why people block out number plates in general when posting on forums. No doubt some will say to avoid cloning but that's rubbish - how many hundreds, maybe even thousands of people see your number plate on a daily basis as you drive around to/from work or wherever? Anyone could take a photo or just memorise the plate of any car that takes their fancy at any time of day or night, they aren't state secrets :biggrin:

3 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I've not had a reply to when the last MOT was taken.  Perhaps also it would be interesting to know what it says from a viewpoint of a Car being abandoned. We know just how expensive parts are for these Cars - lovely as they are.  Daresay we've all seen ebay cars that have been left in the front garden unmoved for six years and they don't look like this one!  Nor do the ones I've seen at the breakers yard.  Miraculous is the word I'm thinking of.

and that leads to the question of how long has that LS400 been there?

after 5 yrs there should be fungus growing especially on the rubbers, the paint is so glossy like it has always been stored inside that should matten out a bit and then tyres after 5 yrs not rolling a wheel that right rear looks pretty well inflated? it sure is a mysterious car and i would like to see the interior and the engine bay. 

please keep us posted this could develop into a great story 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...