Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

My GS 450h  is in need of the wheels being re-furbished so I'm wondering if Main dealers do them and if so has anyone any experience. My car is due for a service and it would be useful if they could be done at the same time. After info before booking service etc.

TIA  Paul

9 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Main dealers will just ship them out to be done elsewhere and no doubt will charge you for the privilege so you may as well take them to a proper place yourself.

No doubt whatsoever.....

Yes the dealers do it. I kerbed an alloy on my own GS450H last autumn and got quotes from my local bodyshop, ChipsAway, and Lexus Cambridge.

Lexus were the cheapest, and did a very good job, the wheel looked brand new afterwards and is still the same now, 6 months on. They also picked the car up from my office and brought it back all clean. Sure they’re outsourcing the work but so what?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Yes the dealers do it [...] Sure they’re outsourcing the work but so what?

No issue with outsourcing whatsoever as long as they don't stick a huge markup on the price for acting as middleman - that's what I object to.

Thanks for the replies so far, I will talk to them after Easter when I arrange my service. There are several firms that do them in the Nottinghamshire area and I hope to get some comparison quotes but it would be more convenient if the main dealer did it. I believe they may do a swap system with them which would make the job quicker. The other option is to get them powder coated for longevity but that may take more than one day and may require me to remove the "chrome" spokes.