Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Comparison....

All this talk about buying an RC-F got my fingers twitching a little. Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at what's out there it seems like the GS-Fs are better value than the RC-Fs at the moment?

Or am I misjudging the market?

I think the GSF comes with the TV Diff as standard and also has a Head Up Display which means you will feel like an F16 pilot while driving.

For me it would depend on how many doors you need.  With 2 kids I need a saloon so GSF would win as default.

If kids weren't an issue it would probably be an orange Carbon edition RCF :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I think the GSF comes with the TV Diff as standard and also has a Head Up Display which means you will feel like an F16 pilot while driving.

For me it would depend on how many doors you need.  With 2 kids I need a saloon so GSF would win as default.

If kids weren't an issue it would probably be an orange Carbon edition RCF :-)

If I came home with an orange car I think my wife would disown me.....

Would be a gsf for me too,  no room for the kids in the back of an rcf with me driving.

the more I look at the gsf the more it grows on me. Really like them, be e few years before I change though :sad:

My wife literally just said she likes the orange rcf! You can definitely own an rcf with a child or two if the wife is short. Granted mine will be a second car but the rear is big and so is the boot. 

15 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Gsf isn’t on my radar, it’s too big and less interesting looking in my opinion. Is it even heavier than the rcf as well? 

Theres almost nothing in it, weight-wise. 20-50kg depending on where you get your information. The RCF is the lighter of the two, but considering it’s a smaller car, has two doors less, doesn’t have TVD as standard; I wonder where that weight is...

I found it laughable that, compared to the M5, the GSF was slated due to its weight, yet the M5 was nearly 200kg heavier as I recall!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrfunex said:

Theres almost nothing in it, weight-wise. 20-50kg depending on where you get your information. The RCF is the lighter of the two, but considering it’s a smaller car, has two doors less, doesn’t have TVD as standard; I wonder where that weight is...

I found it laughable that, compared to the M5, the GSF was slated due to its weight, yet the M5 was nearly 200kg heavier as I recall!

The rcf has the middle structure from the sc, it’s heavy, but strong. Not necessarily a bad thing to have a really robust passenger cell, at least imho. 

• Like 1

@JonPAnd fitting a Quicksilver system has saved just under 19kg over the OEM...... mind you with the cooked breakfasts and multiple coffees Mrs Rat and I had at the Sea Front this morning would have negated any weight savings....:rolleyes:

Big Full Rat

• Like 3

Isn't the middle from is250 mk 2 cabrio?
@Big Rat after hefting the stock pipes onto my racking - thinking it's 15 - 19kg per side!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Isn't the middle from is250 mk 2 cabrio?

Yes, my understanding is a GS front end, IS C middle, and current IS back. I don't think the IS C middle was a derivative of the SC430, they modified the standard series II IS chassis.

Weight wise the difference is next to nothing, the Gsf comes with more kit as standard but its a later car, I think it comes down to which car you prefer or suits your needs, both great cars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Yes, my understanding is a GS front end, IS C middle, and current IS back. I don't think the IS C middle was a derivative of the SC430, they modified the standard series II IS chassis.

Ok, obviously I was wrong there, though I’m sure I read it came from the sc.  Still, I guess it is more evidence of that fundamental truth that all F cars are really just rebadged IS 250 d’s

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonP said:

Ok, obviously I was wrong there, though I’m sure I read it came from the sc.  Still, I guess it is more evidence of that fundamental truth that all F cars are really just rebadged IS 250 d’s

:laugh: IS-F and RC F maybe, not the GS F :wink: 

1 hour ago, Chafford1 said:

Unfortunately no more new GSFs available for order. Lexus UK has confirmed production of the GS for Europe finishes end April. A few nice used GSFs on Carwow though. 

Really?????? Is there a replacement on the way?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Really?????? Is there a replacement on the way?

Direct message from Lexus UK on Twitter confirming Dutch article stating GS production for Europe finishing end April. I've seen nothing on a replacement for the GSF when the new ES is launched.

• Sad 1

On 29/03/2018 at 9:27 PM, JonP said:

If I came home with an orange car I think my wife would disown me.....

Lol, my wife has ginger hair, she said people wouldn’t see where she stopped n the car started 😂🤣.......love the orange 👍👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links