Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone else like watches???

Stuno1

2 hours ago, Ziggy1024 said:

Much like you can spend >£100K on a Toyota Lexus?

I know where you're coming from but elsewhere in the world, people are less hung-up on brand names and recognise that GS are still good value (to the watch-liking weirdos of this world) when compared to the more 'prestigious' (Swiss) alternatives.

Don't get me started on massive watches...

Agree and in my head when i was typing the lexus/Toyota scenario was in my head. If you slapped a Toyota badge on an RC-f and moved it away from Lexus it would sell a lot less. Asking 5k for a seiko is a hell of a brand image barrier to overcome, especially when the same brand offers watches for 100 as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 8:17 PM, Stuno1 said:

And this is the point of a watch. To wear and appreciate it. Make memories with it and then hopefully pass it on for others to enjoy. Lovely watch. 

I have the same Omega. Fab.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife bought me a Tag Heuer for our anniversary.. nice watch.. also have a citizen Eco and still works very well. The wife also bought me a Rotary with a leather strap.. I went to the philipinnes and sweated for 2 weeks continuously and when i got back the strap fell apart. My sweat just killed the strap.

• 1 year later...

On 4/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, LexusPartsDirect said:

I have no idea about watches but I wanted to join the conversation 😀

Lexus Gents Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch £126.90

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/merchandise/lexus-gents-stainless-steel-chronograph-watch/

L102-LM.png

This looks a nice watch. The link says the price is 157 is that with added vat ?. Would this be an automatic mechanism. Do you have any idea who the manufacturer is. Thanks.

Yeah its a good thread. I like a watch after many years not wearing one i have started again. Not in same league as you folks here. I think the first one i had as a child was an Ingersol. Since i have had a couple of Rotary. Currently i have an Orient apparently the are part of Seiko. Not had it long and i am on my third strap (leather). Ive been thinking about getting a Seiko or a Citizen. I got my Orient from the Long island watch company  there not expensive but decent timekeeper if  you keep wearing it. 

I have a simple G shock which I wear when go abroad with work.

I also have a 16 years old Titanium Seiko, they are so light and comfortable, initial Battery lasted about 7 years and now I need to change the Battery every 2-3 years.

Also my wife bought me as a birthday present 2 sets of Seiko Astron, fantastic watches! I wanted them for years! Not rich enough to afford Omega/Tag Hauer or Rado but may be one day I will get one of these! 🙂

3 minutes ago, scudney said:

I have about 40 lol,about 15 roamers(stingray,rockshell,searock power 8 etc),seikos,citizens,bulova,oris,certina,casios etc

40?! Uau! Impressive! 

I also have a Rolex Explorer 2 purchased new in 2009 - Broke in 2012 when I was changing the time.  Rolex UK told me to do one and wanted me to "service" it for £480. Its a watch I hardly wear as G shocks are my daily goto's. I wrote to Rolex Geneva and a week later I had a phonecall from Rolex UK. They arranged a courier fixed and cleaned it and returned it back in a week. I "did" have a Tag Heuer Chronograph and the special edition Schumacher Omega Speedmaster but was burgled 😞 Hence the replacement was the Rolex. To be honest, I miss those 2 rather than the Explorer 😄

• Like 1

I prefer the design of Rado, Omega or Tag Hauer more than the Rolex, I think Rolex is overpriced too. Saying that other three makers I mentioned above are quite expensive too!

1 minute ago, Vlady said:

I prefer the design of Rado, Omega or Tag Hauer more than the Rolex, I think Rolex is overpriced too. Saying that other three makers I mentioned above are quite expensive too!

It was a case I never had one. Overated yes. However the residuals (depending on model) goes up in price rather than my old Tag - The Omega Speedmaster has also gone up, but I guess it was Ltd Edition. I sold the Box for £80 lol. Thats how valuable they are on the open market.

However my travelling watch will always be the Casio G Shock Mudmaster - Solar powered reserves, Atomic clock adjustment and about every other feature you can imagine. Love it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

When I was a kid John, my first watch was a Hopalong Cassidy Timex !

Me too, I wish I still had it but being a kid I took it apart to see how it worked!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links