Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Just spotted this one on Autotrader - LS460 SE-L 56 Reg, 63K miles, looks very tidy - £12K, dealer sale based in Morpeth, Northumberland

media?id=cce114908b59420c885832cf2c77dfaf

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803264939602

What's going on with these prices. Traded in my 07 plate 460 sel 100k miles 4 years ago and got £11k, which at the time, was a really good price.

Graham 21.jpg

On 30/03/2018 at 2:04 PM, jpjsavage said:

Hi everyone, what with taking my daughter around her extensive swimming commitments, I'm wanting to find a nice LS460 or 600 to replace my ageing but trustworthy Honda. So, if anyone knows of a nice privately owned car that might come up or it up for sale I'm in the market again!

I really enjoyed this forum when is was a member a few years ago with my two LS400s. If think about buying one of those again but at the moment I'm thinking that a newer car might be fun. I'm open to being persuaded though!

Please keep me in mind if you see anything that might be suitable. Thanks all.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Jonathan, 

If your preference is to the normally aspirated 4.6 SE-L rather than the Hybrid 600 have you considered the 460 SE-L All Wheel Drive version (AWD) 

There very rare here in the U.K. I have one and the benefits are immense in winter conditions especially compared to the standard rear wheel drive when trying to put 380 odd BHP through the rear wheels in slippery conditions. The AWD also gives other benefits such as a heated steering wheel, updated Battery and heater core.

Derek

on value for money,  remember I bought 1st September 2016 my 105k miles Sept 2006, 56 plate Full main dealer Service History,  brilliant car ............  my Honda Legend SH-AWD for £4k

Not the same as a Lexus Ls but quite honestly not far short.

They seem to be great value for money tbh  BUT it's not quite the same as driving my Ls400 :winkiss:

Malc

On 26/04/2018 at 8:47 AM, cruisermark said:

That car appears spotless and the it's a very convincing advert.

Now you mention it .. the eBay seller has certainly set a lot of do’s and dont’s there .. almost as if you turn up you have to buy it regardless .. if I were in the market I would like a day out looking at a potential purchase .. I dont find it odd the reg plate is blanked but maybe they really dont want to sell after all !?

I don't understand why the regn is blanked out at all ...  if one wants to sell a car you do all you can to achieve that. Giving potential purchasers the ability to check out the MOTs is just one of those things.........  which of course you can do with the known regn 

Worrying about fraud or cloning is a bit daft at that stage.

Malc

On 4/26/2018 at 7:56 AM, lexus707 said:

Jonathan, 

If your preference is to the normally aspirated 4.6 SE-L rather than the Hybrid 600 have you considered the 460 SE-L All Wheel Drive version (AWD) 

There very rare here in the U.K. I have one and the benefits are immense in winter conditions especially compared to the standard rear wheel drive when trying to put 380 odd BHP through the rear wheels in slippery conditions. The AWD also gives other benefits such as a heated steering wheel, updated battery and heater core.

Derek

Thanks Derek. I'm considering the options at the moment and raising some funds too. I'm erring towards the LS600h although the tiny boot was a bit of a concern given that I lug musical equipment around occasionally. I don't think boxes of keyboards and pianos would look good in the rear seats! I might have to reconsider or get a van as well!

On 4/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, Normski said:

Convincing advert but doesn't the seller sound a little 'odd'?? Plus, not giving out the reg?? Could all be very innocent but not winning me over. Hmmmm.

I agree entirely. The tone is all wrong and whatever the car is like that style of communication put me right off. 

2 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

I blame typing for all the spelling errors we see (Citreon? Intergrated amp.....etc..) we never look at what we's tiped any moor?

I blame the beer!

• Like 1

Jonathan, 

There very rare here in the U.K. I have one and the benefits are immense in winter conditions especially compared to the standard rear wheel drive when trying to put 380 odd BHP through the rear wheels in slippery conditions. The AWD also gives other benefits such as a heated steering wheel, updated battery and heater core.

Derek

Hi Derek,

"I have one" isn't quite accurate.  If you have one, then "I have the one" would be more accurate.  Only one AWD was ever sold by Lexus in the UK, and it seems that you're the lucky person!

: o )

very lucky indeed ...........  I used the AWD on my Honda Legend the other day ..........  unknowingly driving through slightly flooded roads, reaching the point of " no return " with a really deep water level across the whole road width and seeing another car coming towards me from a really deep muddy boggy area alongside I decided no option but to follow in his deep furrows in the mud :w00t:

My Ls400 would just never have got through it all, any of it,  BUT the AWD on the Legend came into play and she performed like a country Landrover just whistling through the deep mud without a murmur ...........  the Lexus Ls AWD must surely be a great vehicle. :yes: 

Wonder why they only sold the single beast in the UK :unsure: 

Malc

37 minutes ago, scythe said:

Hi Derek,

"I have one" isn't quite accurate.  If you have one, then "I have the one" would be more accurate.  Only one AWD was ever sold by Lexus in the UK, and it seems that you're the lucky person!

38 minutes ago, scythe said:

Scythe,

Your "I have the one" could be a more accurate statement. At first I just thought it was Lexus Manchester's sales talk trying to convince me to buy the car.

Having had a 400, 2 430's and a 450H I moved to an Audi A8 Quattro for a winter High Alpine trip, it was a nice car but not an LS so I was a sucker when I saw the LS AWD for sale at Lexus Manchester. 

You "say only one was ever sold by Lexus in the U.K." Do you have any more info on this?

The problem I have now is that I'm not using it enough just under 3k last year.

Derek

Hi Derek,

S

25 minutes ago, Malc said:

very lucky indeed ...........  I used the AWD on my Honda Legend the other day ..........  unknowingly driving through slightly flooded roads, reaching the point of " no return " with a really deep water level across the whole road width and seeing another car coming towards me from a really deep muddy boggy area alongside I decided no option but to follow in his deep furrows in the mud :w00t:

My Ls400 would just never have got through it all, any of it,  BUT the AWD on the Legend came into play and she performed like a country Landrover just whistling through the deep mud without a murmur ...........  the Lexus Ls AWD must surely be a great vehicle. :yes: 

Wonder why they only sold the single beast in the UK :unsure: 

Malc

Malc, Nice car the Legend I looked at those, but went for an Audi A8 Quattro in the end, nice car but not an LS.

Derek