Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, what with taking my daughter around her extensive swimming commitments, I'm wanting to find a nice LS460 or 600 to replace my ageing but trustworthy Honda. So, if anyone knows of a nice privately owned car that might come up or it up for sale I'm in the market again!

I really enjoyed this forum when is was a member a few years ago with my two LS400s. If think about buying one of those again but at the moment I'm thinking that a newer car might be fun. I'm open to being persuaded though!

Please keep me in mind if you see anything that might be suitable. Thanks all.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Hi Jonathan, welcome back to the LOC.

I have recently exchanged my 600 RSR, windsor blue, ivory interior, at a Main dealer (for a newer 600, naturally)  and as it has covered over 100k they will send it to auction. 

I've always been a bit wary of auctions, thinking that people put cars through them when they can't sell them privately, perhaps because of big problems looming. Not so with mine. I owned the car for 4 years, 2nd owner, and really looked after and pampered that car. Registered Jan 2009, just serviced and MOT'd, Hybrid Health Check, Lexus FSH. Someone will get a bargain, I reckon it will fetch less than £10k. That is going to be a great buy.

Probably coming up in the next few weeks (waiting for plate change) I've registered with the auction site, BCA,  so will be notified when the sale is due.

Let me know if it's of any interest and I'll post up the sale date.

Graham.

Hi Graham, thanks for letting me know about this. If you do find out when it is up for auction, please could you let me know as I'd definitely be interested. Is 'RSR' the rear seat relaxation pack and is that as good as it sounds? If so, my daughter will love be driven from gala to gala in luxury! Cheers, Jonathan

It is indeed. Extending ottoman rear seat with relaxation massage.
IMG_0171.thumb.JPG.4f8a86945652d6cb284f4662b37580ad.JPG
IMG_0166.thumb.JPG.0cb774498b460a5808e741782c77f35d.JPG
Lovely looking car. Great colour combination. The interior looks superb.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Hi Jonathan, Long time no see. I am looking around for a LS460, 600 as well. Quite happy with IS250 at the moment. I have noticed the LS400 has shot up in value. I must change my profile pic as well. Hope to catch up soon. Tom

5 hours ago, Angel123 said:

Hi Jonathan, Long time no see. I am looking around for a LS460, 600 as well. Quite happy with IS250 at the moment. I have noticed the LS400 has shot up in value. I must change my profile pic as well. Hope to catch up soon. Tom

Hi Tom, good to hear from you! Yes, let's meet up and exchange notes on the LS460/600 market at some point soon. Cheers, Jonathan

6 minutes ago, Chafford1 said:

Lexus Edgware have a very nice 17 plate LS600h with 7000 miles on the clock which they've owned from new - yours for just under £77,000

He'll have to beat me to it, I can be there in two hours. 🚘

• Haha 1

This is quite a turn up for Lexus, that new model price is sparring with earlier model used prices but the main reason is the upgrade system used in the states since the launch of the LS 400 back in 89 .

We in the UK have only experienced small upgrades like DHP and electronic accessories but the US would be everything from fabric to leather and satnav ,so they have now started here and if you go to the premium side of the new model it will add a considerable amount to that £76 k lead in figure.

• Like 1

Having just waded through a string about duff batteries/replacement of, on the GS section, it'd be interesting to know just how detailed the Lexus hybrid health check is. It seems that a single cell failure can stop the whole car, plus the copper contacts can corrode. The fix is thousands with Lexus, or several careful days DIY.

The car LOOKS wonderful -tempting me back to Lexus maybe......the complexity deters though.

Still, having just seen one with 260K miles, for sale.......

• Like 1

My 2011 RX450 has just had its first HH check .. it appears to be comprehensive and all Ok but I think we can get too paranoid about this Battery business .. one has to trust the engineering and Lexus say failure is virtually non existant .. I’m not an electrician but .. would certainly try a cell  repair first .. if all goes pear shaped then worst case scenario .. bite the bullet and give Lexus / Indy the money to do it .. the vehicle itself will last forever so your almost guaranteed a further problem free 10 years with a replacement Battery pack ?

There's a string on the RX pages about how to replace the cells; Lexus charge about £2K!!

But the process takes about 7 days (not continuously!), one has to let the new cells gradually reach voltage-it seems.

Add to having to dismantle a lot of the back interior of the car.....

Yes .. like a lot of potential Lexus Hybrid customers I worried about this Battery issue too .. that was until my wife said I want to buy this !!!!! which of course was the current RX .. so Like a good husband did what I was told but .. recently have also bought an LS600h L  RSR and I just LOVE it .. no kidding .. after years of owning a string of high performance cars this LS is so indiscreet but fabulous not only in comfort but performance and regularly indicating 40 mpg although give it some head and it does drop into almost single figure consumption .. point is at 10 years old with 85k it has a folder full of Lexus Battery Health checks the last being at 84k so am I worried .. the answer is No .. I don’t even think about it being an issue anymore .. Don’t let Battery issues put you off buying .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

Well it's being sold by a Lexus main dealer, so, if I liked the color & was in for one I'd probably go for it.

Looks like a bargain. What would you get new for £14k?

20 hours ago, Docp said:

Sorry to hijack the thread..

What do people think to this? 14k too much for a 460?

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/LS-460/46-SE-L-jjbmr76

Looks nice, wheels need a refurb and by the looks of the scratches to the side of the front bumper the owner lived down a country road.. check the rest of the sides for bush rash, silver is very good at hiding scratches... Then get the longest warranty you can....

51 minutes ago, Chafford1 said:

What would you get new for £14k?

I think the comparison could be  " what do you get 10 years old for £14k " ................... notwithstanding that, the £66k depreciation over 10 years leaves you with amortisation over the next 2 years at £7k a year down to zero ..  not too bad I guess for this quality car

Malc