Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wonder how many NX owners are taking an interest in the recently-launched I-Pace?  Obviously much more expensive, but the package is a similar size to the NX (albeit *much* wider, which might be a problem for some garages). The cabin design is definitely a step up from the F-Pace and E-Pace. Will Lexus go electric for the next NX? Apparently the new RAV4, based on Toyota's New Global Architecture, has been designed to accept an all-electric drivetrain in the future, so we can but hope.

The price took my breath away but shouldn't really have surprised me given the E-Pace's pricing.

The problem I have with JLR products right now (having owned one recently and test driven an F-Pace) is the quality vs price. They're at the front of the fashion curve but they score poorly in surveys and whilst they feel like a premium product, my own perception is that they won't last anywhere near as long as a Toyota/Lexus/Honda. The cabin of the F-pace was underwhelming in terms of robustness and feel.

Which is OK if you're buying on a lease/PCP (which 85% + will be doing) but not OK if you're buying with cash for the long term as we did.

A colleague of mine had a Jaguar XE hire car for a month while his company car was fixed by the lease company (he drives an Audi A4 normally). While he liked it to drive, it was already rattling and had only done 5-6k miles. It didn't give an impression of high quality to me either, and that's why I wouldn't consider a Jag regardless of how much I like the look of them. 

17 hours ago, Martin J said:

Wonder how many NX owners are taking an interest in the recently-launched I-Pace?  Obviously much more expensive, but the package is a similar size to the NX (albeit *much* wider, which might be a problem for some garages). The cabin design is definitely a step up from the F-Pace and E-Pace. Will Lexus go electric for the next NX? Apparently the new RAV4, based on Toyota's New Global Architecture, has been designed to accept an all-electric drivetrain in the future, so we can but hope.

The vehicle looks good, however, its extremely expensive. Put it next to an RX, spec it up and you're looking at £74-80k! i.e. Tesla money. If it was significantly cheaper, it would have been a good proposition but I dont see it as that appealing. Obviously first year builds have all sold out now but the real test will be whether sales remain steady after the first 2 years

An EV from Jag I probably wouldn't touch with a bargepole outside of warranty simply because they can't get the electrics right on their conventional vehicles, I suspect these will have quite a lot of issues.

I took a look at a lot of the reviews and the packaging is crap. Its tiny inside, especially the rear and the boot is quite small too. 

Toyota is working hard on EVs - every model will have an electric powertrain by 2020 apparently but I dont know if that includes Lexus. The costs of these EVs is ridiculous to be honest. They keep saying batteries are coming down in price etc etc but I can't see any of that trickling down to the end user. 

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

They keep saying batteries are coming down in price etc etc but I can't see any of that trickling down to the end user. 

What a pun! Batteries on trickle charge! Excellent!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to reflect on this having now sat in an I-Pace at a recent dealer event. It's a handsome car in the metal, and the cab-forward stance is genuinely distinctive, even if the rather generic Jag "face" is not. However, it is *massively* wide, at 2011mm (a whopping 166mm wider than an NX, and still a lot wider than an RX). Despite this, it doesn't feel any wider inside than an NX.  I suspect that the width - like the very long wheelbase - is determined by the need to fit in the required Battery capacity between the wheels as a structural element of the floor, as with Tesla. The very thick doors disguise this. The cabin is nice enough, but it was hard not to bear in mind the fact that you could have  two NXs in Luxury spec for the price of the mid-range SE I-Pace I saw.  With narrow garages, parking bays and rural roads, in the UK cars this wide can be challenging. Also peeped at the E-Pace and F-Pace, and was grateful to get back into my NX...

On 4/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, Blackmore Hotspur said:

Things like this keep happening???

Good luck if that’s how you deal with things, personally I like to pick my “fights”. Confronting someone who may or may not have damaged your car is a bad idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, Martin J said:

Just to reflect on this having now sat in an I-Pace at a recent dealer event. It's a handsome car in the metal, and the cab-forward stance is genuinely distinctive, even if the rather generic Jag "face" is not. However, it is *massively* wide, at 2011mm (a whopping 166mm wider than an NX, and still a lot wider than an RX). Despite this, it doesn't feel any wider inside than an NX.  I suspect that the width - like the very long wheelbase - is determined by the need to fit in the required battery capacity between the wheels as a structural element of the floor, as with Tesla. The very thick doors disguise this. The cabin is nice enough, but it was hard not to bear in mind the fact that you could have  two NXs in Luxury spec for the price of the mid-range SE I-Pace I saw.  With narrow garages, parking bays and rural roads, in the UK cars this wide can be challenging. Also peeped at the E-Pace and F-Pace, and was grateful to get back into my NX...

Agrees,  looks good but like I mentioned, the packaging is rubbish.  How they've managed to make a wider vehicle than an RX with poor interior space is beyond me. Headroom is very bad in the back 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links