Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry for poor website service

Steve

Hi Guys

Some of you are probably experiencing a slow website the last couple of days. I am trying to get this sorted asap and have spent most of today trying to get it sorted.

It always happens on a bank holiday.

Please bear with us.

• Like 2

Thanks for your efforts Steve. In case it helps, it's been as good as always for me up to about 4pm this afternoon and then it started timing out and stuff - maybe getting worse rather than better if others have been seeing problems for a couple of days?

Hi Guys
Some of you are probably experiencing a slow website the last couple of days. I am trying to get this sorted asap and have spent most of today trying to get it sorted.
It always happens on a bank holiday.
Please bear with us.
I lost my sites due a fibre outage at the server hosts. Very stressful!

Good luck.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

What problems are you all having. I find that it takes about 30 seconds for a page to load on this site. Almost instant on other sites. I clear history from Safari regularly. I'm on an iMac.

I’m pretty certain that Steve is doing all he can to sort this problem bearing in mind it is a Bank holiday so this could result in delays.

Having been an LOC member for over 12 years this is the first time I can recall any problems with the site, upgrades are routinely carried out so please bear with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have tweeked the website's ECU and now sticking her on the dyno LOL

Looking better already.. i will keep tweeking. I am no longer getting reports of downtime, must of had 2000 reports, my phones ringtone was on fire.

Funny how it gets fixed at the end of the bank holiday weekend. Just typical

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

yes, basically the server was throttled and was running out of worker connections, i increased the maximum workers and it has improved. I will keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

yes, basically the server was throttled and was running out of worker connections, i increased the maximum workers and it has improved. I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for feeding the hamsters Steve  :biggrin:  Any particular reason as to why it was throttled? Something going wrong with it or just too many of us trying to use it at the same time?

Nice work Steve. My browser was timing-out earlier but no problems now.

It's no coincidence that the middle two letters of 'Sh**e' are 'I' and 'T'; I hate it with a passion!

9 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Thanks for feeding the hamsters Steve  :biggrin:  Any particular reason as to why it was throttled? Something going wrong with it or just too many of us trying to use it at the same time?

All web servers will have a max limit to prevent the server going under extreme heavy load. Basically the setting only allowed 150 concurrent connections, so everyone was put in a queue.

I have increased this level and the server load level has gone up, but not enough to make it slow performance wise. Working very well.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links