Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow, Yellow - Dirty Fellow

Much much nicer wheels. Look after market in a good way. Two major things I don’t like about the rcf are the exhaust note (could be a lot nicer) and the wheels. 

Is tbere a list of changes anywhere?

32 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Much much nicer wheels. Look after market in a good way. Two major things I don’t like about the rcf are the exhaust note (could be a lot nicer) and the wheels. 

2018 specifications at link below:

https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/?RC/735687da-31ad-4922-9335-66f37cb58981/grades

18-03-29-gallery-lexus-rc-f-yellow-8.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c3a43f52b720213e18-03-29-gallery-lexus-rc-f-yellow-4.jpg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I've just posted an RC F equipment document - a bit work in progress at the moment due to some unconfirmed information.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/115338-rc-f-equipment-specifications/

• Like 2

Seen the pdf you added. Thanks 👍

Can anyone comment on if the AVS is worth it? Does this mean without it it’s a single spring and shock rate and AVS makes it softer and firmer depending on drive mode selected?

• Like 1

@Stuno1 Stewart I think when the time comes you ought to perhaps drive both one with the standard suspension and the adjustable.

With both of us coming from isF’s the RCF in standard suspension is a massive move on and I find it perfectly acceptable, but it’s a matter of choice 👍

🐀

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I've just posted an RC F equipment document - a bit work in progress at the moment due to some unconfirmed information.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/115338-rc-f-equipment-specifications/

Looking good so far.

Few additions perhaps? I believe sonic titanium is now offered as a new colour on the rcf. Also celestial black was removed and changed for Graphite at some point 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

It's a shame these wheels are only on the base version which doesn't have leather and other goodies. 

I wonder if Lexus would swap them over because I like the base wheels more than the ones on the Plus Pack

Are you buying one? I doubt they will sell a Base model. They are cast wheels. Probably a bit heavier. And anyway the eu strangulation puts me off it until I drive one to see if it feels as bad as it looks on paper.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The AVS on my RC is very good, better by far than the AIRmatic on my AMG. Only when drive mode is on Sport+ does the suspension get too firm for driving on our public roads. Otherwise handling is a good compromise between comfort and chuck-ability with the AVS constantly adjusting shock rate depending on road conditions and driver inputs.

In Sport+ mode the system seems set at max firmness 100% of the time, too much on normal roads and it unsettles the car in corners.

• Like 2

The RCF without adaptive suspension is pretty good. It is firm and every time I get to drive the car, the suspension reminds me that I’m in a purposeful car.

Unlike the journalists, I never found the ISF suspension all that bad. The RCF is however a smoother ride than the ISF.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

In Sport+ mode the system seems set at max firmness 100% of the time, too much on normal roads and it unsettles the car in corners.

One plus for the 2018 models, the custom mode should allow Sport+ engine/transmission mode with a softer AVS setting if you so desire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

One plus for the 2018 models, the custom mode should allow Sport+ engine/transmission mode with a softer AVS setting if you so desire.

That’s the key. You want throttle response of sport but ride of comfort. As such for my price point non AVS may be the better choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Ive found the Custom mode to be a gimmick - its not as customisable as you would think

Seems to feel the same in Sport and Normal in terms of ride comfort - only the throttle response changes. In Sport +, the suspension gets stiffer. Sort of renders the Custom setting a bit useless unless you want a stiffer ride with eco throttle response....