Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

QuickSilver Exhaust for RC-F & Lexus Warranty

In the run up to the recent Quicksilver Exhaust group buy there were discussions on the forum about how the CAT back exhaust might invalidate the warranty.

Some of us contacted our local dealerships & the general view they all took was that a CAT back exhaust is a wear & tear item which is not covered anyway & would therefore not invalidate your warranty. But on the suggestion of my dealer I contacted TWG (who run the Warranty) and basically just had the terms & conditions read to me, which of course states that it does not cover modified cars.

Dissatisfied with this “ computer says no” view I re contacted my dealership & asked what they do when they have a difficult warranty issue. Apparently TWG have Regional Managers who deal with this stuff & to my surprise they suggested I contact one directly. I have to say he was incredibly helpful and asked me to send him an email with all the issues set out which he would send to their senior guy, who decides on policy, for his consideration & to provide clarification one way or the other.  

They came back to me on Thursday, (sorry for the slight delay in posting) and  the following is TWG’s response:-

“I am glad to be able to confirm the attachment of the Quicksilver exhaust on the RC-F will not invalidate the warranty. I have received the following update this morning,”

“The use of the non-genuine exhaust DOES NOT invalidate the warranty. However, should there be a consequential failure of a covered item due to the fitment of this product then it would not be covered"

“I can confirm this applies to the Lexus original Manufacturer warranty and the 2-4-1 Retail Warranty for all RCF owners.”

Result!! & I have to say that I am massively impressed by this as the Regional Manager/TWG were genuinely interested in customers views & that’s  not something that happens very often these days, so many thanks to them.

Also thanks to Paul (Big Rat) for providing a lot of the additional info re the Quicksilver Exhaust  -  I will let him fill you in on the info provided by Quicksilver’s M.D. re it’s development with Lexus.

Ordered my exhaust on Thursday 👍🏻

• Like 4

@DAW David a big thankyou for persevering on this it's something that will benefit all of us Rcf owners who have already gone this route and for those who may be considering.

I want to say from the outset that after my many conversations with the MD of Quicksilver Paul Goddard that he is willing to do a axleback system for the isF and the Gsf subject to the owner lending them the car, he fully accepts this is a big ask , but I've met him and his team and they are a throughly professional business and knowing what I do now with the Rcf system wouldn't hesitate. I know a huge amount of development work went into getting the sound just right for the RcF and I'm convinced they could the same with the isF and gsF.

Ive touched before recently on another thread about the sound this exhaust emits and what's been achieved and for me it's exactly what I've been looking for for, I managed to grab a couple of hours in the car today for some fast A+B use the car is transformed it's now a real event to just go for a drive. The low speed offbeat burble sounds just right when dawdling along in traffic increasing to a lovely solid deep sound when accelerating on a moderate throttle.

I travelled down the entry slip road at junction 21 M5 heading for The Cheddar Gorge I accelerated hard down to join the motorway and the sound is simply intoxicating, once settled at motorway speeds there is zero drone.

Its just one junction south to get to the A38 for Cheddar Gorge which by sheer chance was quiet when I arrived well at least it was until started to travel up it towards the Mendip Hills the sound in sport + manual through the twists and turns simply bounced and reverberated off the rock faces.

Once up the top and on the fast straights the element of enjoyment the exhaust now gives for me is worth every penny, I fully accept it's not a cheap addition to the car but with the group buy on this occasion for @Comedian and @Jon B and with @DAW having one on order I was able to get 25% discount and Paul Goddard has agreed to keep this price for future group buys, I'd be happy to organise if and when others felt they were wanted one.

I know that @Comedian is preparing a before and after vid of his install and I will try and get some on the the road video in the coming week.

Big Rat

• Like 2

@Stuno1 Stuart no it's an axle back system no valves, I know it sounds difficult to believe but there is no drone or unwanted intrusion at any cruising speed and all the attributes we want when we want to 'play '.

It really has to be experienced to believe how good it is

Big Rat 

• Like 2

On 31/03/2018 at 8:32 PM, Big Rat said:

@Stuno1 Stuart no it's an axle back system no valves, I know it sounds difficult to believe but there is no drone or unwanted intrusion at any cruising speed and all the attributes we want when we want to 'play '.

Big Rat 

I agree, the car sounds stunning.  So glad i did it :yahoo:

• Like 2

On 31/03/2018 at 8:32 PM, Big Rat said:

Big Rat 

That’s simply incredible. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I weighed the systems.

Stock 9kg per muffler QS 1.5

Approx.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

So almost 16kg saving. That’s some going! 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Thread revive, how many QS group buys have taken place? Is their enough interest to arrange another? I’m just looking into custom prices but would look at QS if the prices came down. Cheers Chris

I'd be interested. 

IMO the Quicksilver is not worth the price new.

I owned one 2nd hand and was very happy with the price I paid vs what I got from it. It was epic in tunnels for sure!

If you are going new, consider an Invidia. It's a full system for £1000 less.

Unless you like the carbon tail pipes of the QS - which I didn't....