Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls600hl suspension woes.

aero-hot

2hrs at Lexus this morning, they confirm the noise but apparently can't find it. The undertrays hadn't been fitted back in place properly from last time, but apparently that's not the issue. I've left it with them. Days owned 21. Days driven 2. This car is a joke.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, aero-hot said:

2hrs at Lexus this morning, they confirm the noise but apparently can't find it. The undertrays hadn't been fitted back in place properly from last time, but apparently that's not the issue. I've left it with them. Days owned 21. Days driven 2. This car is a joke.

Sorry to hear your tales of woe. I've always told myself an LS430 would be as far as I'd go before I couldn't sleep at night, at least with what they cost you could just walk away with the worst case scenario and not loose a fortune.  Hopefully it'll be something simple.

It's back again. No noises, sitting level and driving like a dream. Apparently there was debris trapped above the undertrays, weird that it has only been there for the last 24hrs AFTER the dealer worked on the car and even more strange that it made a metallic clanging noise, a similar noise that you would expect a forgotten spanner or something similar to make. There's still a slight click when breaking at low speed but that could just be pads moving around in the calipers. Whatever it really was seems at least for now to have been cured. Now.. why does the phone have to be deleted and re-added every time the car is started? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

The front noise from the brakes it might be from the brake pads fitting kit . I had the same on mine and changed it on front and rear so it is quiet now. 

Phone should work without any issues , mien does not need to be added every time so you might do something wrong . 

• Like 1

The front noise from the brakes it might be from the brake pads fitting kit . I had the same on mine and changed it on front and rear so it is quiet now. 
Phone should work without any issues , mien does not need to be added every time so you might do something wrong . 
Phones fixed, I downloaded Bluetooth auto connect from the Google play store and it connects every time, so if anyone else has a similar problem that's the fix. I Sell vans and lots of customers and myself with Sony or Samsung phones have the same problem when connecting to the vivaro or trafic Bluetooth. The Bluetooth Auto Connect has fixed this too. A Friend at Vodafone tells me that Sony and Samsung phones use a slightly different frequency than everyone else and as such sometimes don't connect with older systems or Tom Tom systems . Who knows or cares so long as it works!

It’s beginning to sound like one of these, is it clear on HPI?
824CBCCF-95D5-481B-9937-CF320A63D003.jpeg.6bcb0d81dec4ec8cbd2930a5bb5ecfb8.jpeg
Yep, HPI clear, full history, one owner (Tesco), Mint inside and out. No problems from the phone since or the suspension but I'm still wondering if I did the wrong thing going down the lexus route. I was quick to blame the car, but possibly that was a kneejerk reaction to the disappointment of buying something that was meant to be bullet proof and wasn't. Maybe an unrealistic belief on my part, after all its a machine that has seen 100,000 miles and 8 winters! So few of these were sold new that very few people really know what they are talking about, (it's certainly showed on here) even the main agent admitted defeat and had to call technical support on what actually turned out to be a fairly simple fix. I can't blame the car for needing a suspension bush at 100k miles, but it's surprising that not a single person had any actual idea of what it was, or that the car was responding in the way the designers intended it to by lifting itself up. Plenty of suggestions and comments though about how a 600 wouldn't have been their choice etc etc. I guess that's why it was so cheap compared to say an A8 or S Class which in hindsight would have been a more sensible choice, not because they are better, because they certainly aren't, but because there are more qualified people who know how they work. I guarantee a suspension bush/arm on a BMW 7 series would have been diagnosed and probably fixed the same day. My decision to buy was based on it never having failed an mot or had anything more worrying than tyres on the advisorys when checking the mot history, pick any merc s class, 7 series or S/A8 for about £11k on auto trader, type the registration into motinfo and find one with a completely clean history. I bet no one can. But, when people don't understand something (myself included) it's dismissed as a "lemon". Funny!