Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav 2018 NX are there problems ?

4 minutes ago, pobrown said:

Exactly the same method as last time you did it.  As earlier in the thread:

Links to download are contained in Technical Services Bulletin BE-00006L-TME.  Log into the tech website, click on Repair, then Technical Services Bulletin.  Enter your VIN (or search by model).  The bulletin you require is currently on the 2nd page.  It says it was last updated on 18/10/2017 but that date is incorrect.  Once downloaded the latest revision is dated 14/09/2018.  

Thanks - I foolishly assumed there would be a new Bulletin and reference number (and date!)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jbi507 said:

Just to confirm, the maps are free for 17CY at least for 3 yrs.

Then to update the navigation system's firmware we can pay for it under the repair -> TSB section?

Yes correct.  There is a fee of a little over 3 eruos to use the server to download the firmware.  No charge for the maps.

3 hours ago, Centre100 said:

Yes correct.  There is a fee of a little over 3 eruos to use the server to download the firmware.  No charge for the maps.

thanks, i'll update the maps tonight. but i'll hold of on the firmware update for a little while, i persoanlly dont like getting new software incase it introduces new bugs.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 4:48 PM, jbi507 said:

btw does anyone know what is the point of "apps" and "estore" on the navigation system?

I also have this question. apps/eStore doesn't seem to do anything other than let you click on it and get nothing at all...

Also, we have to pay to access the server? In 2019? Really?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, davecozens said:

I also have this question. apps/eStore doesn't seem to do anything other than let you click on it and get nothing at all...

Also, we have to pay to access the server? In 2019? Really?

I raised a support ticket for this with Lexus. This is the response I got (after a week of discussion)

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise for the inconvenience with your case.

The e-Store application within your multimedia system is currently inactive as it has not been launched within our multimedia systems.

This is currently being looked into with our developers who are investigating this particular matter with the e-Store.

We are not aware of any timeframe of when it will be launched however as soon as it has been launched, we will aim to contact you with any updates.

Thank you for contacting Lexus (GB).