Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav 2018 NX are there problems ?

I have 300h 2018 model (Dec 2017 purchased). New Sat Nav system driving me mad !!!.

Started to play up in Feb, West country to LHR – worked first time, now tries to take me off on other routes all the time (on all route set in). Totally lost voice guidance (was working) and system “froze” on me – had to turn off car to restart before it worked again (just like windows in its early days).

Can not find ID to Sat Nav to connect mirroring function – Manual and MyLexus web site instructions / Menu do not relate to what I have on screen.

Downloaded all 288 pages of the SatNav manual (nice evening reading) – still no joy.

Looks like Lexus dealer is going to get visit next week.

3 hours ago, nordiclad said:

had to turn off car to restart before it worked again (just like windows in its early days).

Not that you should have to do this but, if you have a freeze then hold the audio power button down for around 5 seconds until the system reboots without having to power off/on the vehicle.

Still burning the midnight oil trying to find out if I have finger problems or a software problem on my system. Guess what I found on page 30 of the 288 of the navigation manual. 2.1 of basic information before operation “resetting the system” as advised.

Still trying to register my system but cannot get to (find) the sub menu to turn on the wifi and miralink phone. My NX display is not showing what the manual info and mylexus do.

Visit to dealer still next week again!!

15 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You have Premium Nav (I think all the current NXs do)? That doesn't support Mirror Link.

Ooops....sorry ment miracast..................too much reading of a 288 page book

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the issue since day one of collecting my New 2018 NX (March 2018) it started happening as soon as I got on the motorway after leaving the dealership, loose the map, radio or ability to access mobile phone etc when the SAT NAV is set to a location it tells you to turn left for example but the screen (When it does work) carries on straight ahead!! - phone call to the dealership and they said that they know of an issue on models that are either Luxury or Premier grade, I was advised to log a Case Number with Lexus GB Customer Care, still no resolve and Lexus are dragging there heels as all as I am getting is passed from one department to another!! This is my 6th Lexus and the only one that I have had any issues with so to say that I am disappointed is an under statement.

I will give it another couple of weeks then I am back to the dealership to demand a Demonstrator until it is sorted !!! 

Took my March 2018 NX in to dealer on Wednesday to have them look at my “freezing” Sat Nav. Service manager told me that my software is up to date but would log with Lexus as an issue and come back to me. He called me back Thursday to say Lexus have now issued a software patch as the Sat Nav glitches many of us are experiencing are known issue they have been working on. They are taking the car in to apply the patch next Wednesday - will report back

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 13/04/2018 at 7:22 AM, Blackmore Hotspur said:

Took my March 2018 NX in to dealer on Wednesday to have them look at my “freezing” Sat Nav. Service manager told me that my software is up to date but would log with Lexus as an issue and come back to me. He called me back Thursday to say Lexus have now issued a software patch as the Sat Nav glitches many of us are experiencing are known issue they have been working on. They are taking the car in to apply the patch next Wednesday - will report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interested to see how you get on. This happened to me once in December I think, but I don't use the nav all that often so not sure if it's still an issue.

I also get the freezing on  Dec 2017 Premier Nx300h. Happens about 1 time in 20. Not a problem but it should not happen at all. Pushing audio button for 5+seconds does reset. I will be interested to know if the software upgrade works.

Slightly off topic but has anyone managed to get an up-to-date  version of the navigation manual as a hardcopy rather than a download. I was supposed to get one as part of the sales deal but the correct version seems unavailable as a hard copy.

I can’t get hold of the manual!! I am one of those people who actually wades through the whole manual on a new car so I know it inside out. Annoyingly two months into NX ownership and still not up to speed on Sat Nav.....useful things like how to modify your route and avoid delays that appear. Pedantic I know! I booked into the dealers to see salesman to get him to go over it but he was “busy with another customer” when I arrived at the agreed time. If anyone does get hold of the manual please let us know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackmore Hotspur said:

I can’t get hold of the manual!! I am one of those people who actually wades through the whole manual on a new car so I know it inside out. Annoyingly two months into NX ownership and still not up to speed on Sat Nav.....useful things like how to modify your route and avoid delays that appear. Pedantic I know! I booked into the dealers to see salesman to get him to go over it but he was “busy with another customer” when I arrived at the agreed time. If anyone does get hold of the manual please let us know

It's easier to figure it out yourself by trial and error. 

Or just trawl through a pdf version

Will be interested to see how you get on. This happened to me once in December I think, but I don't use the nav all that often so not sure if it's still an issue.

So......,car picked up yesterday, cane back all shiny and clean in the afternoon. Drive home no issues. Started the car this morning and it froze!!! Calling them again this morning

I got called again on Friday by service manager who told me he had just downloaded another updated patch. He immediately sent someone to my workplace to download to my car. Let s see how we get on now but no freezing for two days.

There is apparently a further patch to come shortly I am told.

Annoying as the Sat Nav issue has been, the service from my Lexus dealer has been very impressive.

12 minutes ago, Blackmore Hotspur said:

I got called again on Friday by service manager who told me he had just downloaded another updated patch. He immediately sent someone to my workplace to download to my car. Let s see how we get on now but no freezing for two days.

There is apparently a further patch to come shortly I am told.

Annoying as the Sat Nav issue has been, the service from my Lexus dealer has been very impressive.

Going to be using my sat nav a few times over the next couple of weeks so will see how I get on without the patch. I've only seen it happen once before.

Also might be worthwhile hanging on until all of the patches have been released I suppose.

Mine is connected to my home WiFi and it always tried to connect to the server when parked on my drive. You would think that you'd be able to update the software yourself these days by using WiFi!

Had to go to Bolton Lexus today to get mudflaps on my 2018 model NX f-sport. Whilst there got them to update sat nav with software update although I have had no problems.. Apparently there have been problems with the system and Iphone 7 and 8 and system freezing/resetting, but as stated I have had no issue with my Iphone x.

The update is the second one and there is to be a third in just over 4 weeks time.hope this info of some use.

After my latest patch the sat Nav has worked faultlessly for the last week so all seems to be sorted - i use it daily on my commute to check trafic. Incidentally I use Iphone 7 in car so don’t know if that did contribute but all seems fine now.

On 28/04/2018 at 7:25 AM, Blackmore Hotspur said:

After my latest patch the sat Nav has worked faultlessly for the last week so all seems to be sorted - i use it daily on my commute to check trafic. Incidentally I use iPhone 7 in car so don’t know if that did contribute but all seems fine now.

Thanks for the update. I used the sat nav quite a bit at the weekend with no issues, but probably still worth getting it updated next time I'm in. 

I'm using a Google Pixel XL for reference but not sure if it's related to the phone?

I had the patch installed at the start of the week in mine, lasted all of a day and has gone back to how it was before! Spoke to Lexus UK & the dealership and they have advised that I will have to wait until the end of May when the next major update is due - Pretty poor service from Lexus as the SAT NAV has not been working since I picked the car up at the beginning of March 2018

This is my 6th Lexus and this has made me a little disappointed in the brand, my only dealings with Lexus UK and it has been shocking to say the least, thankfully the team at Lexus Hedge End have been brilliant! God only knows what happens if the MAY updated doesn't work! 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sat Nav is pants along with Lexus UK customer care, they don't give a toss! Mine has had the update that doesn't work and I was told that a new update was due the end of May, however just been told today that this has been delayed! Therefore I have been without a functioning sat nav/ entertainment centre that hasn't worked since taking delivery at the beginning on March, next step is to leave the car on the dealership forecourt, frustrated to say the least!

On 5/31/2018 at 6:20 PM, Wish Wellingtons said:

Sat Nav is pants along with Lexus UK customer care, they don't give a toss! Mine has had the update that doesn't work and I was told that a new update was due the end of May, however just been told today that this has been delayed! Therefore I have been without a functioning sat nav/ entertainment centre that hasn't worked since taking delivery at the beginning on March, next step is to leave the car on the dealership forecourt, frustrated to say the least!

Atleast they're trying to fix it though, its not going to be an immediate fix as the software is different for the UK compared to other countries like the US. 

Just ask for a courtesy vehicle in the mean time 

The IS suffered from this in 2013 when it came out. The updates sorted it eventually but did take up to 6 months