Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav 2018 NX are there problems ?

“At last”😁 got SatNav on my NX300h Lux (purchased Dec 17 – latest spec) more or less fully functional as it should be, especally phone / internet coupling etc – following another software update last week. Well done to Lexus Exeter, they had sent one of their engineers on a two-day + course, who was brilliant. Sat in car for 75mins to work it all out. Wow, what a job, both of us learnt a lot. Getting the phone and car settings correct was fun!!  The road traffic and other info downloads very fast. Some of the things you can do with the SatNav are mind blowing, but you’ll need a training course, a good memory and patience   

Lexus you make great cars (on my 5th) Please would you make this SatNav “user friendly” Lexus Exeter service team has been excellent.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nordiclad said:

Some of the things you can do with the SatNav are mind blowing,

Like what???Please tell more! Have you any apps, I must say it all looks a bit pointless to me. My Iphone works for calls but not able to show/ readout texts. 

1 hour ago, HarryM said:

Like what???Please tell more! Have you any apps, I must say it all looks a bit pointless to me. My iPhone works for calls but not able to show/ readout texts. 

Mine does but not e-mails

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Wish Wellingtons said:

Sat Nav is pants along with Lexus UK customer care, they don't give a toss! Mine has had the update that doesn't work and I was told that a new update was due the end of May, however just been told today that this has been delayed! Therefore I have been without a functioning sat nav/ entertainment centre that hasn't worked since taking delivery at the beginning on March, next step is to leave the car on the dealership forecourt, frustrated to say the least!

Hopefully tomorrow is the day that I finally get this PANTS SAT NAV sorted, it is going in for a major software update (Others have failed!) so all being well & fingers crossed the issue will be resolved, 5 months after driving out of the showroom - the dealership has been great, more than can be said for the Customer Service department at Lexus UK! 

On 6/8/2018 at 7:54 AM, HarryM said:

Like what???Please tell more! Have you any apps, I must say it all looks a bit pointless to me. My iPhone works for calls but not able to show/ readout texts. 

With my Iphone it will show texts received while connected, but not any received before/during getting in the car. Also you can't use the pre-written reply feature, eg "I will arrive in x minutes" (with x populated by the sat nav). I believe that they are restrictions in the API provided by apple. (Having moved from Android I've found this any many other failings of Iphone surprising and depressing given how highly some people rate iPhones. I only got it as the Iphone 8 is the only modern phone which will fit in the small pre-facelift Qi charging tray.)

I sat in a brand new NX Sport today.  Decided to have a gander at the software numbers.  They were:  

Model ID DCU 17LDL2EU-DB01

Model ID MEU 17LML2EU-FB00

Audio 1012

Navigation 1461

navdb_version 919

Don't know how these numbers relate to the current details.

Happy to report that I have no issues with the nav in my June registered NX. I've also now got the full manual for it (free from Lexus UK customer services) and there are seemingly a lot of functions I didn't know about from the basic guides. I'll be trying to get the most out of the system - especially the Google Street View - and will report back.

I'm picking up a NX in a couple of weeks so I've been looking into this.

It looks like the most recent versions of the software for the MM17 system are as follows:

Audio: 1400

Navigation: 1511

This information is taken from Technical Service Bulletin BE-00006L-TME dated 19/07/2018.

Once I get hold of my new car I'll be able to check what version is has installed and if these are needed.

2 hours ago, pobrown said:

I'm picking up a NX in a couple of weeks so I've been looking into this.

It looks like the most recent versions of the software for the MM17 system are as follows:

Audio: 1400

Navigation: 1511

This information is taken from Technical Service Bulletin BE-00006L-TME dated 19/07/2018.

Once I get hold of my new car I'll be able to check what version is has installed and if these are needed.

They’re a bit different to the ones I saw in a fresh NX Sport as I mentioned above.

Is the infotainment system updated at the Port of Entry? 

I doubt they would be updated at port of entry - probably too time consuming.

However, I found another service bulletin that advises centres to update to the latest version before handing the car over to customers.  This applies to all vehicles using the new MM17 multimedia platform (NX300h, LC500h, LS500h, RC300h).  

I had the Major update done last Friday (Only been waiting almost 2 months for it!) and sadly it hasn't worked, the SAT NAV is still intermittent on start up, you have to either turn the engine off or hold the power button in to reset it until it works, I have now also lost the ability to receive email/text messages, at least the DAB radio is back! The SAT NAV (When it does work) is out of sync with the map as for the first few miles it prefers to navigate me over grass/railway lines or water rather than the road (I assume that this is a GPS location issue?) 

I spoke to the dealership on the Saturday morning and aired my concerns, and as always they did the best that they could - they suggested that I made a video of the issues that I have so that they could send it to Lexus technical department, I did this and they emailed it to them on Tuesday morning, within an hour they had a reply back saying that they are aware of further issues since the last Major Update (July 2018) that is affecting a small amount of cars (unfortunately mine is one of them!) therefore I will have to wait again until it is resolved!!

Not bad for a car that I picked up in March 2018 and I am still without a fully functioning SAT NAV/Multmedia system!

I will keep you posted!

On 8/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, Wish Wellingtons said:

I had the Major update done last Friday (Only been waiting almost 2 months for it!) and sadly it hasn't worked, the SAT NAV is still intermittent on start up, you have to either turn the engine off or hold the power button in to reset it until it works, I have now also lost the ability to receive email/text messages, at least the DAB radio is back! The SAT NAV (When it does work) is out of sync with the map as for the first few miles it prefers to navigate me over grass/railway lines or water rather than the road (I assume that this is a GPS location issue?) 

I spoke to the dealership on the Saturday morning and aired my concerns, and as always they did the best that they could - they suggested that I made a video of the issues that I have so that they could send it to Lexus technical department, I did this and they emailed it to them on Tuesday morning, within an hour they had a reply back saying that they are aware of further issues since the last Major Update (July 2018) that is affecting a small amount of cars (unfortunately mine is one of them!) therefore I will have to wait again until it is resolved!!

Not bad for a car that I picked up in March 2018 and I am still without a fully functioning SAT NAV/Multmedia system!

I will keep you posted!

What has the dealer offered in terms of compensation?

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, Wish Wellingtons said:

This is the current software version that I have in my NX

Model ID DCU 17LDL2EU-DB01

Model ID MEU 17LML2EU-FB00

Audio - 1401

Navigation - 1511

navdb_version - 943

Who Knows!

How/where do you access these numbers?

Picked up my Jan 2018 NX300h Luxury yesterday.

The software versions were as follows:

old-ver.jpg.2d8db1a527a881f29e546f1a2264e5c9.jpg

After updating everything available from the Tech website, they are now:

new-ver.jpg.47356113d2b365b6d4d7423966a4dbbb.jpg

Early days so far - not played with it very much.  It hasn't crashed yet though.  I think it is going to take some getting used to.  First impressions, I preferred the software on the older premium nav systems.

I did it at home using the files available on the tech website (via USB not Wi-fi).  You’ll need a paid subscription to access them. Cost 3 Euro for an hour. 

4 hours ago, pobrown said:

I did it at home using the files available on the tech website (via USB not Wi-fi).  You’ll need a paid subscription to access them. Cost 3 Euro for an hour. 

Can I ask how big a usb stick, how long does it take to download and how long to uploadnon vehicle. And is it a simple procedure. Thanks in advance.

The audio update was 470MB - took 5-10 mins to install

The Nav system update was 1.6GB - took 15-20 mins to install

The Nav Database update was about 10GB - took 60-70 mins to install (a long time to leave the engine running!)

All very straight forward - you do one at a time.  Only have one update on a USB stick at a time.  The instructions for the first two and links to download are contained in Technical Services Bulletin BE-00006L-TME.  Log into the tech website, click on Repair, then Technical Services Bulletin.  Enter your VIN (or search by model).  The bulletin you require is currently on the 2nd page.  It says it was last updated on 18/10/2017 but that date is incorrect.  Once downloaded the latest revision is dated 19/07/2018.  

The Nav update is accessed by clicked on Owner then Map and Software Updates.  Select the 17CY system and follow the instructions to download and install/activate.  (this section says the latest version is 2017v4, but the download I received was actually 2018v1).  The info screen for this update says "3 years of Map Care are applicable to this unit." so I'm guessing that Lexus have listened to previous complaints and give the first few updates free of charge.  

As mentioned previously, you will need a paid subscription to access the TSB.  Please don't ask me to share the files/PDFs here. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, Wish Wellingtons said:

This is the current software version that I have in my NX

navdb_version - 943

It is interesting that your system reports the nav database to be '943' but mine reports it as '2018v1'.  They are probably the same version as the download I installed was numbered 943 in the file name.  Probably not significant but it is something I noticed.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, pobrown said:

The audio update was 470MB - took 5-10 mins to install

The Nav system update was 1.6GB - took 15-20 mins to install

The Nav Database update was about 10GB - took 60-70 mins to install (a long time to leave the engine running!)

All very straight forward - you do one at a time.  Only have one update on a USB stick at a time.  The instructions for the first two and links to download are contained in Technical Services Bulletin BE-00006L-TME.  Log into the tech website, click on Repair, then Technical Services Bulletin.  Enter your VIN (or search by model).  The bulletin you require is currently on the 2nd page.  It says it was last updated on 18/10/2017 but that date is incorrect.  Once downloaded the latest revision is dated 19/07/2018.  

The Nav update is accessed by clicked on Owner then Map and Software Updates.  Select the 17CY system and follow the instructions to download and install/activate.  (this section says the latest version is 2017v4, but the download I received was actually 2018v1).  The info screen for this update says "3 years of Map Care are applicable to this unit." so I'm guessing that Lexus have listened to previous complaints and give the first few updates free of charge.  

As mentioned previously, you will need a paid subscription to access the TSB.  Please don't ask me to share the files/PDFs here. 

Phil

Thanks for the information, most useful.

I have downloaded and unzipped the latest files, the FMU folder contains 4 .iso files. A couple of questions:

1. I'm assuming the 4 files (10GB) are just for the Nav Database.

How did you manage to keep the engine running up to 70 mins?  Did you drive around, as I think my NX Luxury 2018 with Premium Nav will try to shut down to save Battery if stationary?

2. Entering my VIN shows Lexus Premium system (17CY) Maps plus 3 others which don't appear to be relevant.  My current Audio shows 1003, Navigation 1461 & navbd_version 919.  Will the Audio & navbd_version be updated by the Nav Database 4 files too?

Thanks

Dennis

410349230_MapSoftwareUpdates.thumb.JPG.153801b40bda3ea21e0a52ac4f63e1b9.JPG

Map & Software Updates.JPG

I kept the the engine in ready mode throughout the 70 minutes.  Most of the time this was using the hybrid Battery but occasionally the engine fired up to top up the Battery.  The point I was making was that you should try doing this off the internal 12V Battery (accessory mode) alone as you will probably drain it.  I was just parked on the drive throughout - the system will not try to shut down unless you run out of petrol!  Just don't leave the car unattended as someone could drive off in it.

You are correct - the 4 files (10GB) are just to update the Nav database.  On the screen shots you've supplied, just use 17CY system.  The others are for older Nav systems.

These files ONLY update the Nav database.  The Audio and Nav software are carried out separately.  You'll need to download the TSB I've mentioned earlier to get these.