Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav 2018 NX are there problems ?

Ah yes I remember that happening to me. Just copy the kwi file to a USB and update. 

Unzipping the DCI file should give a kwi too. 

The car needs the unzipped files. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, Centre100 said:

OK.  Installed DCU & MCU and updated. 

Audio was 1003 now 1401

Navigation was 1461 now 1511

I'll update the Nav dbase tomorrow. 

Tks again. 

Picked mine up today and it’s 1401, 1511 and 943.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Centre100 said:

OK.  Installed DCU & MCU and updated. 

Audio was 1003 now 1401

Navigation was 1461 now 1511

Apologies if this has been asked before but how do you update the Audio and Navigation software/firmware?

No, you're not paying for the update.  You are paying to access the Lexus-Tech website to download the files.  It will cost about £3 for an hours access.  

If you feel that you should have the updated firmware already on a new car, go back to the dealer.

6 hours ago, rexleonis said:

It just seems strange they'd let me download the new 2018 map update for free but not a firmware/software update...

Who lets you download a map update? I didn't think Lexus provide any free updates, unlike Toyota who give you three years. Map updates contain firmware, so if you can get a map update then you will be updated. Firmware updates however come out more frequently if there are bugs that need to be fixed, so rather than wait for a new map you can get a firmware update.

You don't have to pay, your vehicle is under warranty. Tell them you have issues with your nav and they will apply the latest firmware FOC. Once it is out of warranty the dealer will charge you labour for them to update it.

Like Phil said, I have the new larger screen and couple of weeks ago I updated the map for free from Lexus website to 2018v1.

However firmware versions for Audio and Navigation didn't change so I needed to update them separately.

How does your automatic zoom function work?

I have the zoom set to 50 m when driving. But I'd like to have it zoom as close as possible automatically at junctions so I don't take a wrong turn.

However if I set the automatic zoom function to "near" in the settings, the bloody thing zooms OUT at junctions. How does zooming out to see half the country help me cross a junction? 😂 

5 hours ago, rexleonis said:

How does your automatic zoom function work?

I have the zoom set to 50 m when driving. But I'd like to have it zoom as close as possible automatically at junctions so I don't take a wrong turn.

However if I set the automatic zoom function to "near" in the settings, the bloody thing zooms OUT at junctions. How does zooming out to see half the country help me cross a junction? 😂 

Mine's the same, drives me mad as it zooms out to show most of the town I live in and covered in illegible white scrawl which are the street names overlapping each other.  

37 minutes ago, Habu said:

Mine's the same, drives me mad as it zooms out to show most of the town I live in and covered in illegible white scrawl which are the street names overlapping each other.  

So has anybody contacted Lexus for an explanation??

• 1 month later...

Updated Navigation software to version 1512 is also available on the tech site (subscription required - cost me £3.19 for an hours access). This apparently fixes the crash that some have experienced at startup. 

6 hours ago, pobrown said:

Updated Navigation software to version 1512 is also available on the tech site (subscription required - cost me £3.19 for an hours access). This apparently fixes the crash that some have experienced at startup. 

does it add any new features or is it literally just to fix bugs?

7 hours ago, pobrown said:

Downloaded the latest Map update but can't locate Update Navigation software to version 1512, please point me to the locateion in the Lexus-Tech.eu site.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Centre100 said:

Downloaded the latest Map update but can't locate Update Navigation software to version 1512, please point me to the locateion in the Lexus-Tech.eu site.

Thanks

Exactly the same method as last time you did it.  As earlier in the thread:

Links to download are contained in Technical Services Bulletin BE-00006L-TME.  Log into the tech website, click on Repair, then Technical Services Bulletin.  Enter your VIN (or search by model).  The bulletin you require is currently on the 2nd page.  It says it was last updated on 18/10/2017 but that date is incorrect.  Once downloaded the latest revision is dated 14/09/2018.