Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS220D - lack of power over 2k

s25eba

Good Evening, 

I have became a lucky Lexus owner couple of weeks ago - everything was ok and I was so happy from the car etc. 
Yesterday I have noticed something what scared me and I have no clue what it can be ... (I have to say straight away that car has got new EGR valve fitted) 
When I am driving off, all is fine until I will get to 3rd gear and trying to accelerate,  revs are sort of blocking / stopping ... like no boost / power ... car is accelerating but very slowly ... 

Any ideas ? Help  ?  :( 

Car is Lexus IS220d 2.2d with manual gearbox and around 112k on the clock.

Hi Seb

Welcome to the LOC

My first suggestion would be to see if you can hook the car up to some diagnostics to see if there are any fault codes logged 

You can buy an OBD2 Reader which links to your smartphone with an app like Torque Lite (Android) or OBD Car Doctor (iPhone) and will give you basic readouts

If you have a laptop you can use (Windows) then do a search on eBay for TechStream which will allow for much more detailed information about your car systems.

From the description of your problem it sounds like the EGR valve. I know you say it's new but how long ago was this fitted, I understand they need regular cleaning.

Failing that you may need to clean the inlet manifolds, which would be a garage job for most of us.

Good luck with getting sorted.

• Like 1