Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior LED Bulb Kit + LED Boot Bulb

Hi,

I have a 2007 IS250 Sport and wanted to know where I can get an Interior LED Bulb Kit + LED Boot Bulb in the UK.

I have found them on US sites but by the time you add shipping its $50 -$90

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nish

I got this kit from eBay. It comes with enough bulbs for the whole interior, the boot, and the number plate and puddle lights. It also comes with a prying tool to help you remove the old ones.

LEDs-06.thumb.jpg.d38ed78858e59a968e9b1bbd4fbcc19f.jpg

Cost is about £25 including shipping and I wasn't charged any import fees.

19 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

I got this kit from eBay. It comes with enough bulbs for the whole interior, the boot, and the number plate and puddle lights. It also comes with a prying tool to help you remove the old ones.

Thanks just ordered them :)

• Like 1

Could not resist....ordered.....

what was the del time like? ( est is 13-18 Apr, therefore about 9-14 days)

paul m.

• Like 1

Yeah it was something like that. Here's a very good installation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFtrx2RiaE

It's not rocket science, but it shows the best way to remove and refit the bulbs without damaging anything. The only difference is that our cars don't have a sunglasses holder like in the video. European spec cars have a motion sensor for the alarm in there instead.

20171122_154948.thumb.jpg.41c4b2d5b2d09466e161413fe6124f31.jpg

So..does that mean to remove the light module it is clips only and the non-glasses holder ( Euro spec) type does not have the two screws or are the two screws still there but accessed differently some how?

haven't got the LED's yet but trying to anticipate the removal.

paul m.

The screws are still there, Paul. That's them in the picture above.

They're normally concealed by the hinged cover underneath the dome light, which holds the alarm sensor. The flap is open in that pic.

I have watched that video ( a couple of times!) but my overhead lighting unit is slightly different as I do not have the sunglasses holder but a plain panel instead, it is this panel ( I assume is covering the two fixing screws) that I would like to remove preferably without damaging it. 

Can't find a vid of this type being removed and I don't intend 'attacking' it like the butcher in this 'How (not) To' video

image.jpegMy Front overhead light module. Plain panel at bottom needs removing to reveal screws I guess? Anyone removed this panel and got and tips as it is quite snug!

image.jpeg

This is what it could end up like if you just get in there with the wrong tool and no knowledge!

gonna wait until I find out exactly how it dismantles!

paul m.

Watch the bit at about 3 mins as to removing the light bezel on the rear cluster. Use the same principle on the front light bezel and change the bulbs without removing the whole unit.

If you want to remove the whole unit, for curiosity, apply the same principle to the beige plastic cover piece (where the sunglasses holder would be on US models) to remove the cover and expose the 2 screws. Really its peasy once you've got your head around it. Slide your thin plastic trim tool (sets are dead cheap on Ebay) around to feel where the tabs are located.

Looks very good fella. Very good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that panel is very snug! From memory, I used either a very thin-bladed screwdriver, or a thin plastic prying tool inserted at the 12 'o clock position to get it started, and then used another trim removal tool further along to one of the edges to finally pop it loose, then repeated for the other side. You only need to work on the top of the panel as it is hinged at the bottom.

Step 2, would see you remove the 2 screws that are revealed.

Step 3. Remove the whole unit from the headlining. Its held firmly in place with a pair of "pop" fasteners at each corner of the top edge. These pop loose quite easily if you use a pair of prying tools near the corner and lift both the top edge and the side simultaneously. Repeat for the other corner.

Step 4. There's now nothing else holding it in place, so pull down on the top edge that you've been working on and try and work it loose. You might find the sides are a bit snug, but persevere. Once suitably loose, remove it by pulling UP and out. The bottom edge of the lighting module is "hooked" on to the edge of the aperture in the roof lining, so NEVER EVER TRY AND LIFT THE BOTTOM EDGE WITH A TOOL.You'll end up snapping one of the plastic "hooks" off.

Step 5. Once completely loose and free of the hole in the headlining, there will be an electrical connector to remove and that;s it.

Got the LEDs delivered today and as the sun was shining decided to go for it!

Interior vanity lights ( under sun visors N/S & O/S ) were first and went in very easy apart from 1st LED was obviously inserted the wrong way round and failed to illuminate! Straight away I thought I had bought a bag of duds! But upon reversal Bingo, brightness!

Managed to open the plain panel on overhead light fixture with my fingernail to expose the two JIS* (we know they are not Pozi-Drive or Philips thanks to James May!) screws and used my JIS screwdriver purchased from a seller in Japan! Swapped out all three lamps and tested before refitting in reverse order.

Rear passenger seating area overhead light was the most akward as we know rear seating is a bit cramped and working over your head is not the easiest plus the bezel on the light fitting was ( as you'd expect ) a super tight fit.

Next ( not looking forward to these ) was the door rear view mirror cases puddle lights. Pushing mirror glass all the way IN at the top to enable the bottom edge to come forward made some very expensive sounding noises! Then Pulling bottom edge mirror glass out using as many fingers as I could get under there worked fine and released the bottom two fixings and the top two were then 'un-hooked'. Didn't really want to dis-connect all the small spade electrical connections on the mirror glass so wrapped in a clothe and let hang. Next removed the four screws* and the two halves of the mirror housing were removed for a deep clean along with the clear bezel for the puddle light ( in was a bit green around there with algae). All went back together fine ( having no extra bits leftover when it all goes back is a good sign) pushing mirror glass back into place maked that un-nerving sound again..right other side now then....

The light lens in the two front doors low level lights on my 250 are red in colour and changing to LEDs is not going to make a remarkable difference I don't think but put them in anyway! Apparently clear lens are an optional part if sourced from other Lexus models, 

There was two extras in the pack and I don't know if it's OK or not but I have fitted these into the rear reversing light position. .

The following pic is of two I have left over after fitting all the others as when I checked it looked as though the rear number plate lights are already fitted with LEDs? As these seem very directional I can't think where they should have been fitted.

image.jpeg

Yes, mine do. Although I didn't use the bulbs in the kit for that application. I have these in my puddle lights instead - OSRAM LED 6000K Cool White

@Nishid100 Yes, the bulb in the boot is a "festoon" type, similar to the one that goes in the panel above the rear seats.

8 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Yes, mine do. Although I didn't use the bulbs in the kit for that application. I have these in my puddle lights instead - OSRAM LED 6000K Cool White

@Nishid100 Yes, the bulb in the boot is a "festoon" type, similar to the one that goes in the panel above the rear seats.

So I've got the boot one although if I ever turn the switch off and on the bulb just seems to pop out and also it sits at a bit of an angle. Kinda feels like the bulb is slightly the wrong size. 

At the moment it's in and stays on as long as I don't turn the switch off,  I'm hoping it won't pop out if I hit a pot hole. 

Yes I found that the small festoon LED for the boot light dosen't sit in like you would expect it to. So using a pair of long nose pliers I gently re-shaped the spring steel tab with the hole. So it was 'back' a bit, but go careful as it is spring steel and any major bending may snap it!

paul m.

Question for John.

Am I right to assume that the interior picture you posted above is in fact your 250?  I'm guessing it is as it is a RHD and not a picture from the LED seller as I would expect they would be LHD.

So the question is, you appear to have the clear lens covers ( as opposed to the stock red) in the lower front door card lights, Can you please tell me where you sourced these and the part numbers or what other Lexus models may have had these fitted?

Thanks Paul M.

They were readily available on eBay. Some had LED units inside. There were also options fro projector type replacements that would additionally cast a Lexus logo onto the ground below the door.

Have not looked for quite a while but I imagine they will still be available.