Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf vs m4 5th gear

Yup, had ppf on my Evora and it did a good job but over curves it wasn’t ideal and was noticeable. I’ll get it applied to carbon fibre elements when the time comes I think and maybe the won’t mirrors. The front bumper on the rcf is almost all grille so not too worried about that. 

22 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Yup, had ppf on my Evora and it did a good job but over curves it wasn’t ideal and was noticeable. I’ll get it applied to carbon fibre elements when the time comes I think and maybe the won’t mirrors. The front bumper on the rcf is almost all grille so not too worried about that. 

What colour was the Evora?

My RC-F has picked up more chips than the ISF. It may be design, or just randomness. I'm pondering Gtechniq Chrystal Serum, which seems like great protection, but would it reduce stone chipping too? 

4 hours ago, MNMJ said:

My RC-F has picked up more chips than the ISF. It may be design, or just randomness. I'm pondering Gtechniq Chrystal Serum, which seems like great protection, but would it reduce stone chipping too? 

Only for very small debris not stones. 

Basically all it does is protect against light scratching but anything remotely hard will penetrate it. Ppf is the only route to protect paint and even that can be penetrated if the stone is moving fast enough. I will have a full front end ppf, roof and spoiler when I buy one. Having had it on the Evora it is good stuff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MNMJ said:

My pondering has been heavily influenced by finding out the cost online; £1400+ for detailing and then application of the decent stuff. 

Bloody hell.  I just got quoted 1500 for a front end respray on my ISF (black so stone chips magnet).

She's not a garage Queen so decided to spend 1500 on exhaust and intake instead ;-)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Basically all it does is protect against light scratching but anything remotely hard will penetrate it. Ppf is the only route to protect paint and even that can be penetrated if the stone is moving fast enough. I will have a full front end ppf, roof and spoiler when I buy one. Having had it on the Evora it is good stuff. 

Yeh, PPF definitely old school but proven.

My mate has it on his Evora..... Exige.... no, Evora......always get confused between the two 😞

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links