Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F with IS220d engine?

Spotted this one - not sure if that is something to be excited about (spoiler alert - no real Lexus was hurt in making it... it seems only rear lights are Lexus part, though they might be just well made stickers):

• Like 1

Yes... seen that. Good thing it is not IS-F either. 

Both are what is called "silhouette race cars" - the purpose build race cars with tubular frame which are made to look similar to some production models, in reality they share no parts... you can put plastic shell of any car you like on that chassis. I personally hate them - for me that is "fake"... but hey everyone to their own opinion. In some respect it is cool to know that some people like Lexus brand so much that they even go such a length to make their race car look like one. 

• Like 1

Yes, you right RC-F is actually "funny car", but IS-F seems to be more like I said.. Silhouette racer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silhouette_racing_car

The difference is just number of details e.g. you can straight away spot that is something "not right" with RC-F. But looking at IS-F for few seconds it is possible to think that there might actually be some Lexus underneath - all becomes clear when it hits the wall and plastic junk starts flying everywhere. 

It actually seems it was pushed over by the wind... which is by the way makes sense if you have ever been on Bahrain circuit. I drove rented LS460 there and it looked like quiet and nice, but when I get out near where the drag strip is (in front of spectators lodges) wind almost blew my face off - the track is literally in the middle of desert and there are nothing around it in miles, so wind often gets extreme out of nowhere and without any warning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links