Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi just a quick one , currently my is220 uses the C2/C3 5w30 oil as ive been using since ive owned the car .. recently ive had the car remapped and dpf filter removed and egr blanked ... now my understanding is the c2/c3 oils are for the dpf cleanliness , so being removed do i carry on using the c2/c3 spec of oils or can i use any 5w30 ?

Just keep using what you have been. Diesels need a high detergent oil as well as DPF protection.

Note that a working EGR and DPF will be a MoT requirement after 20th May.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ash1972 said:

dpf filter removed and egr blanked ...

Good luck with MOT then, probably going to deem your car "not road worthy" and "dangerous" and rightly so! 

Just to remind you - removing DPF is illegal as it affects all our health (breathing in your soot).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Good luck with MOT then, probably going to deem your car "not road worthy" and "dangerous" and rightly so! 

Just to remind you - removing DPF is illegal as it affects all our health (breathing in your soot).

Was more asking about the oil but yes dont worry i have a brand new is220 dpf unit which is not installed , my MOT not due till next year , i'll probably get a refit done closer this time next year

• Like 1

Don't want to sound rude but diesel owners.. please understand that there is no sound justification for deleting dpf. Sell the car if you are having issues with it but do not make uk a 3rd world. 

As for Oil, Lexus use Castrol. Google Castrol Oil Selector. Put your reg in and it will tell you wjat you need.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links