Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Media player MP3's

Hi all, just bought a 2015 IS300h Advance, so far I love it apart from the navigation version that appears to version 1. I was rather hoping it would be the premium.

Any way too late now. My questions are as follows.

1. Is it possible to upgrade to the premium and what is involved? also rough idea of cost.

2. I can get the media player to play the MP3's from usb but they appear to play in a random order

3. can you structur the USB so you can see the folder names so I can then go to artist/Album etc

Thanks in advance

Edd

9 hours ago, Eddcole said:

I can get the media player to play the MP3's from usb but they appear to play in a random order

Turn off "Random/Shuffle" in the USB menu.

The USB media is OK but I think it struggles a little with the ID3 tags embedded into the files.  In the end I pretty much stripped all my files of theirs and rebuilt with very basic info

Artist ; Album ; Track ; Track Number ; Genre   and I also changed all embedded album art to 120 x 120 size.   With each artist name as the First folder on the USB stick and then just a single folder for each album under this.

After doing this the wheel navigation on my standard infotainment works fine.  Can View happily via Artist ; Track ; Album ; Genre etc and you always get the correct album art and not those awful gracenote pictures.

The only bug that really annoys me with the USB is if you stop the car while playing USB and forget to restart the track when you next start the car it reverts to track 1 folder 1 on the USB Stick.   I swear every-time I forget.    The only work around I've found is just start the playing track as soon as you start the car (sometimes a couple of times) and then it can normally sort itself out, you know when it will work when the mini dash screen shows the track info again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links