Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TOFTT on Exhaust

Decided against H&S exhaust as almost as common as RCF's nowadays....  ;-)

Taking one for the team and I have ordered an exhaust from Fox in Germany with black tips.  Contacted them directly and got free shipping to the UK and 10% off the exhaust 

Also ordered a Takeda intake from the States.  Bonus gone :-)

Bring the noise :-)

Will post relevant pics & vids once arrived and installed.

• Like 7

Bumping my own post....

Takeda intake has left the States.....  Excited.

My update from Fox Exhausts is in German.  Used Google Translate.  Still no clearer.

I think I may have ordered an exhaust from a Panzer IV.  I know that schwarz is black so l think that at least means the tips are correct and black ;-)

• Like 2

Nice. Look forward to hearing the clips and seeing some pics of the system. I liked the takeda intake but you do lose the second valve opening sound with it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Nice. Look forward to hearing the clips and seeing some pics of the system. I liked the takeda intake but you do lose the second valve opening sound with it. 

I thought it was the only one that kept the 2nd valve opening as it sealed up to the original airbox :-(

Looks like an unused Takeda intake may be on eBay soon ;-)

Intake should be here tomorrow.  Managed to translate exhaust invoice to it arriving on the 16th.  Apparently (according to ze Germans) I am the only one with the Type 25 exhaust in the UK (well will be).  The Type 16 option is quieter.  Didn't know that though.  Just went on the look of he tailpipes :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

It opens up but you can’t hear the sound as clearly like you can with the stock setup. You don’t get the extra woosh of sound. Still sounds great. 

Cool.  I had one on my 350z which really made a massive difference to noise as the milltek exhaust I had was too quiet.  

Trying to stick with what I know.

If crap, will just put Tom's panel filter back in :-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A boot full of noise ready for the Fox exhaust to be fitted tomorrow.  I am using a new type of padding to protect it.  Yorkshire Gold tea bags.  

Will post some pics once fitted and get some sound clips when I get a moment.

I got impatient and installed the Takeda intake last week so hopefully it won't overpower the exhaust from inside the cabin (intake sounds ace btw)

IMG_20180429_190440.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@FTBBCVoodoo Lee look forward to seein/hearing this as for the bags.........officer it's just tea honestly......it's just for personal use......:whistling1:

🐀

They are for my new thread...

"You drive a V8 what tea do you drink while waiting in traffic deciding whether to put it in D, N or P while also musing over whether the foot brake should be used at least once a week" ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2