Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Lexus IS 200 to the 250. I have found one near me with 101k on the clock. It is a 2008 SR model, automatic. I've never considered buying over 80k before, but because it' a Lexus I feel a bit safer...the price they are offering £3995 but my max offer will be £3500. Is this a good deal?

My Lexus is 200 is still a tank at 76k, it's just looking  a bit dated and I hear the 250 has better mpg.

My 250 was the First car I have bought with Less than 100,000 miles on the clock! Having said that a well looked after 250 would be able to cover Twice that sort of mileage easily and I would be looking closely at the car itself and not focus too much on simply the mileage, sure to do this amount of miles it must have been 'used' but there is being used and bring ab-used! So check it over for usual signs of wear and tear but being a Lexus it ages very well as you know.

spark plugs ( x6 of course!) should have been changed at the 60,000 service point and through a dealer this is a costly exercise but plugs themself can go on for upto 100,000 quite easily. If you are handy with spanners plugs can be got for about £80 (genuine) and DIY is not impossible.

Don't expect to see a massive/if any increase in MPG compared to your 200 as I see you are in London!

paul m.

I second what Paul says, mpg is pretty awful in London but its so much more luxurious, refined, better equipped and better looking than the previous shape you won't regret it at all.

Also the v6 has a lot of power if you press the power button. 

Tip always buy auto as it has better resale value, better drive (in my opinion) and half the tax! 

Re the sparkplug change. People forget that the schedule I think is 60k miles or 6 years which ever comes first. I bought my car from a Lexus dealer with just under 58000 miles and was sort thinking I would have to do them soon. Checking the service printouts that came with the car showed that the previous fastidious owner had had them changed at the 6 year mark so a bonus for me.

Just checked my service history via 'My Lexus' and it shows the plugs were done on my 250 after 6 years and at 22,000 miles!!

paul m.

4 hours ago, Texas said:

Just checked my service history via 'My Lexus' and it shows the plugs were done on my 250 after 6 years and at 22,000 miles!!

paul m.

Changing the plugs on the 250 at 22k is totally unnecessary. Makes no difference whatsoever how old the plugs are, it's the actual milage that counts.

I know that, you know that but at 60,000 or six years the service schedule states 'replace plugs' 

If I would have owned the car back then and was having this service done then I might have asked to have the 'used' plugs returned to me for future use because you are right 22k for a set of Denso Plugs is nothing! 

Some items do need replacing due to age as opposed to miles ie Brake Fluids but plugs will only really deteriorate due to actual use.

Paul m.

Mine was the same when I got it and checked the history with Lexus. I had 31k on the clock and the car was 9 years old but had been serviced up to 80k with everything done as per the schedule. No wonder it still felt like new!

Water pump still went though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have always thought that the engine itself should be serviced according to use and that use can be best determined via revolutions of the crankshaft and not really the actual number of miles the car has travelled down the road.

paul m.

On 08/04/2018 at 12:25 PM, ejcamara said:

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Lexus IS 200 to the 250. I have found one near me with 101k on the clock. It is a 2008 SR model, automatic. I've never considered buying over 80k before, but because it' a Lexus I feel a bit safer...the price they are offering £3995 but my max offer will be £3500. Is this a good deal?

My Lexus is 200 is still a tank at 76k, it's just looking  a bit dated and I hear the 250 has better mpg.

I would not consider that a good deal myself. SR is basic model (like SE), but has bodykit, no leather, no electric seats... just most basic model available. IS250 not only has better MPG, but it is good 3s faster to 60MPH + V6 sound.

I would have full confidence in 100k Lexus as long as full service history provided. Preferably, even more miles as long as it is highway miles. Mines is now 176k and I never had any issues with the car and looking to service history there were no serious issues either. alloys replaced under warranty, water pump, spark plugs replaced at normal service intervals, corroded calipers/disks replaced few times, except of that pads, tires, disks, old, filters all service items. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links