Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF - QuickSilver question

Hi Guys, 

I have been a member of this forum for quite some time, not very active tho. I have had my ISF for 2 years (amazing car), last week I went to a Lexus dealer to see nice white RCF and I bought it... dunno how this happened as I didn't plan on changing the ISF, I guess love from the first sight lol. The car comes with QuickSilver exhaust already installed and I have a quick question for some of you who already have the exhaust. On QuickSilver website, there is a video of the exhaust on RCF with switchable valves. Anyone knows if this is the standard option they provide for all their exhaust systems or do you have to request that? When I had a test drive I checked all the modes and the car sounds exactly the same. Don't get me wrong the sound is amazing I'm just concerned about my neighbours and morning starts as it is super loud... :D. Ta! 

• Like 5

That’s the issue I had with my isf system. For early starts it was super loud. I would need a valve next time around. Sounds like you have the non valve one. The operation of the valve is usually on a separate fob if you have one.

• Like 1

@Mike Peter Hi Mike congrats on the purchase, the two systems are not interchangeable parts wise I'm guessing you've got the axle back system which is NOT switchable on cold start up is loud but settles quite quickly. If you want to tone it down immediately just put the car into drive and move off immediately.

It really is a fantastic bit of kit just done 500 or so miles in mine in the last 3 days it really is epic.

The full switchable system depicted is the thick end of £5K when you add vat.

Big Rat

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

That’s the issue I had with my isf system. For early starts it was super loud. I would need a valve next time around. Sounds like you have the non valve one. The operation of the valve is usually on a separate fob if you have one.

Thanks Stuno

5 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Mike Peter Hi Mike congrats on the purchase, the two systems are not interchangeable parts wise I'm guessing you've got the axle back system which is NOT switchable on cold start up is loud but settles quite quickly. If you want to tone it down immediately just put the car into drive and move off immediately.

It really is a fantastic bit of kit just done 500 or so miles in mine in the last 3 days it really is epic.

Big Rat

Thank Big Rat, I'm picking up the car on Tuesday and cannot wait! I will see how it runs for a few weeks and gonna decide on a switchable system then. 

Any1 here with the OEM exhaust on RCF?

• Like 1

@Mike Peter There is a pair of OEM exhausts for sale on eBay if you feel the need but as you say see how you get on with it first.

If you decide the switchable is for you then pm me and I will be able to assist.

The OEM IS VERY QUIET I’m sure someone on here may be able to provide you with a ride along 👍

Big Rat

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Mike Peter There is a pair of OEM exhausts for sale on eBay if you feel the need but as you say see how you get on with it first.

If you decide the switchable is for you then pm me and I will be able to assist.

The OEM IS VERY QUIET I’m sure someone on here may be able to provide you with a ride along 👍

Big Rat

I have OEM exhaust in the boxes as it came with the car.... I just wanted to compare the difference between the OEM and QuickSilver. I checked a few videos online but they don't justify the real sound so ideally if anyone here with OEM exhaust fancy a quick meeting I'm def up for it. 

I will let you know re switchable, ta! 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2018 at 4:46 PM, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Agree with @Big Rat, I start up and if it’s early or I’m minded about the noise, I put the car straight in to drive and the sound becomes a deep rumble.  It’s a fantastic exhaust, I certainly wouldnt go back to the OEM.  Lots of great comments the weekend when driving 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi all.

Michael coming from a Jaguar XK which had a standard exhaust and was noisey  you could here the noise in the morning in mothers front bedroom so i can see what you mean.:sad: But lovely going through a tunnel with the windows open.:yahoo:

Mine was only a 4.2 XK not the R version which was louder the RS was even louder can get a bit to noisey though in my view:huh:

I like a bit more quieter exhaust as i get older and past it now.:wheelchair:

65mike.

• Like 1

Loud exhausts save lives.

Remember the Green Cross Code....  Stop - Look - Listen....  Or hope that the Nissan Note has poverty tyres that make enough noise that it makes up for electric motor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, just got an RC-F.

I'm interested in getting a QS system, anyone near Cambridgeshire got one so I can have a listen?

I'll probably need the one with valves as I've got elderly neighbours.

Tim

• Like 1

@TfpWellcome to the forum Tim, forum requirement is pictures or instant ban :whistling1:

Seriously though if you read through the Quicksilver threads you will see it is loud on a cold start but putting it in gear brings it down to OEM levels.

Now the closest member to you that I know of is @Comedian drop him a pm.

If you are serious about buying either pm me as I’ve struck up a good relationship with the M.D. there and can assist if you would like that.

Big Rat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@TfpWellcome to the forum Tim, forum requirement is pictures or instant ban :whistling1:

Thank you for the welcome, only have the one pic at the moment.

Lexus 010.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Tfp Thanks Matey fantastic colour combo in the UK I believe there is only one other I’ll check my list.

Big Rat

Oh wow, that'd be impressive.

I've always loved rare cars, and ones that are just a bit different.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Sure no worries if you want a listen. Any excuse for a drive out :zorro:

Ah thankyou, that's great.

I've sent you a PM

Tim

• Like 1