Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

expensive mot

yesterday i took my partners Auris hybrid for its mot at my lexus dealership 

as they where £15 cheaper over our local toyota dealer (same group) before you know

it i'm looking at a 17 plate is300h F Sport and today i've signed for it to replace

my 63 plate 300h i collect my new car on wednesday ,the saving i was hoping to make

has suddenly been lost, cant wait for wednesday.

f sport.jpg

• Like 5

i made the mistake of asking the sales team what the options where when you are nearing the end of your pcp

then one thing LED to another.

• Haha 1

Very nice looking car 

Initially I wasn't too keen on the facelift front end but its grown on me.

Going to have a hard time looking after it in comparison to the silver you have now though!

i always said i would never have another black car they look great when there clean

and awful when dirty, when i had my last black car i used to get the polish out after i had

washed it so not to have any water circles on the paintwork.

I had the same experience during the first week in February. I also had no thoughts of a new set of wheels at the time, just wanted my annual service, left after having signed up for a new IS300h Luxury. Here it is the top of the range, with all the toys.

I chose the same colour, sonic titanium, as it's easy to keep clean looking, but was not too pleased with the choice of leather colour,  'Chateau or Noble Brown.'  I settled for the Brown, as again it looked easier to keep clean looking.

Delivery was given as June, as it has to be built and delivered. A long wait maybe, but it will give me plenty of time to visit the 'Shrink,'  to get myself examined.

Best wishes.

Michael.

4pm tomorrow i'll be collecting my car can't wait haven't told anyone at work

interesting to hear what comments i have on thursday.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, 200h said:

Forget what other people think - what do you think ?

On 4/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, 200h said:

As 'A' said, it is what you think that is most important, it looks a good motor, the others will look with envy. I hope that you and your partner get a lot of pleasure out of it,. Enjoy.  

Hi all.

Mark that looks a nice motor car have you taken the obligatory photo's yet as that is a must.:yes:

I do like the look off the new front off the cars that Lexus are making now but the inside to me is a little bit different and am not over keen on it just my opinion i am sure it look lovely with the leather seats:whistling1:

65mike

hi all i havent had chance to take any photos yet been raining.

i didnt realise how much the road tax is i asked the dealer what the cost would be and told £130

it only came to light when i went to tax the car and found it is £440 / yr as there is the additional

£310 / yr tax that i didnt know about what a surprise, then today the car had been collected to have some

scratches removed for it to come back with scratches present still so on monday the car is going back for

a couple days to make sure the bodywork is in good condition hopefully they will be giving the car a clay

as the paint feels quite rough i proved this to the dealership when i clayed it in front of them.

once the car is back photos will be taken.

16 hours ago, 200h said:

hi all i havent had chance to take any photos yet been raining.

i didnt realise how much the road tax is i asked the dealer what the cost would be and told £130

it only came to light when i went to tax the car and found it is £440 / yr as there is the additional

£310 / yr tax that i didnt know about what a surprise, then today the car had been collected to have some

scratches removed for it to come back with scratches present still so on monday the car is going back for

a couple days to make sure the bodywork is in good condition hopefully they will be giving the car a clay

as the paint feels quite rough i proved this to the dealership when i clayed it in front of them.

once the car is back photos will be taken.

I doubt they'll clay the car - its not something they do. They might machine polish it, chances are they'll leave holograms all over it anyway.

Does the car have Premier pack? As that would explain the £440/ year road tax as the standard F-Sport won't go over £40k. 

21 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Look v nice but only problem black colour after washing it leave water marks as my taxi is black after having it washed I have to use leather again 

Here's a tip......

If you use water from a water butt to wash your car it won't leave water marks, or you can invest in a filter to fit on your mains connection. 

IMO....black is nearly always the nicest colour for most cars, but yes it does take more cleaning to keep it looking good. :cool:

Enjoy your new car @200h !

19 minutes ago, 200h said:

rayaans what does the premier pack consist of

For the 17 plate, the Plus pack didnt exist. So the Premier pack had premium nav, ML and adaptive variable suspension fitted as standard

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

For the 17 plate, the Plus pack didnt exist. So the Premier pack had premium nav, ML and adaptive variable suspension fitted as standard

i have the premium nav,auto high beam where the micro sd nav map goes it has the dolby logo and the large screen

i couldnt tell you if it has the avs & ml as well wouldnt know what to look for

Snap!

Is it Graphite black or the other one? can’t remember name but less metallic.

Pity you’ve been stung with the extra tax. Mine was registered 25th March last year and is £10/yr. The new rules are nuts. 

If you have premier pack, like mine , then the car will have Premium Nav and Mark Levinson stereo. Sport+ mode on the dial, AVS, electric leather seats with memory, blind spot monitoring and rear traffic alert and the very special pressed aluminium inserts with a diamond textured finish.  I don’t think it does as the under bonnet shot shows std damper tops not ones with the cover and wiring for AVS.

Even a std FSport with metallic paint is just over 40k list. Premier pack took it to 45k ish.

DC50E8FE-7608-4789-B0C5-1B6D48C21CC0.jpeg

Hi steve

yes it is in graphite black.

i have Premium Nav , electric leather seats with memory, blind spot monitoring auto high beam ,radar

i dont have the avs as i dont have the sport+ mode

things i do like is the chrome / gold finish around the front grill and the dark seats as light grey in my other 300h

was a bugger to keep clean with working in an engineering works.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links