Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200h spec levels

Jasper49

Hi there, 

I have just joined the forum as I am looking at purchasing a CT200h - however, the more I look at, the more I am getting slightly baffled by the spec levels!  The model I have been looking at most is the Advance, which seems to have most of the things that I am looking for (sat nav, reversing camera, cruise control) but I have a couple of queries which I would be really grateful if someone could help me with!  Am I right in saying that the spec levels for the post facelift are:  Advance, Luxury, Premier  and before facelift there is SE and SE-L?   Is there a list somewhere of the different spec levels?

Are the sat navs just UK maps or do they include Western Europe maps too?  Are there map upgrades available and how much do they cost?  (not sure how this works, I have never had a car with a built-in satnav - I currently have a Tom Tom with lifetime map upgrades).  

What is radar cruise control, and which spec would it come with?

I have been offered a test drive in a 2012 Premier which has the Mark Levinson sound system - is it worth it?  Does this also mean a different level of sat nav?

Many thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, Jasper49 said:

Hi there, 

I have just joined the forum as I am looking at purchasing a CT200h - however, the more I look at, the more I am getting slightly baffled by the spec levels!  The model I have been looking at most is the Advance, which seems to have most of the things that I am looking for (sat nav, reversing camera, cruise control) but I have a couple of queries which I would be really grateful if someone could help me with!  Am I right in saying that the spec levels for the post facelift are:  Advance, Luxury, Premier  and before facelift there is SE and SE-L?   Is there a list somewhere of the different spec levels?

Are the sat navs just UK maps or do they include Western Europe maps too?  Are there map upgrades available and how much do they cost?  (not sure how this works, I have never had a car with a built-in satnav - I currently have a Tom Tom with lifetime map upgrades).  

I have been offered a test drive in a 2012 Premier which has the Mark Levinson sound system - is it worth it?  Does this also mean a different level of sat nav?

Many thanks in advance!

The facelift version had S, SE, Advance, Luxury, Advance Plus, Sport, F-Sport and Premier trim levels. Not all were available at the same time though as you may have figured out. 

From memory, the Advance had most things apart from leather seats which the Luxury version came standard with.

Sat nav has UK and Europe maps. The Advance comes with business nav which can only be updated by the dealer AFAIK. Its about £150-200 per update. You will know if its got the business nav as it has the rotary wheel controller. The premium nav is SD card based and is standard on the Premier model. You can pick these up for £60 from elsewhere.

Radar cruise control - essentially you set a speed and the radar system will slow down or speed up according to the car in front - it will maintain a set distance from the car in front. It was only available as an option on the Premier and is a very rare one at that.

The Premier has the Premium navigation, ML sound, LED headlights and full leather electric, heated and memory seats. It is worth it if you can find one in your budget.

13 hours ago, Jasper49 said:

and before facelift there is SE and SE-L?   Is there a list somewhere of the different spec levels?

Originally the CT200h launched with grades SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier.

The F-Sport came along a year later.

At the end of 2012 the grades were revised to S, SE, Luxury, F-Sport and Premier. The old SE-I matches the SE, with the S being base grade below the previous SE-I

Shortly afterwards the Advance grade was added, in-between the SE and Luxury.

The facelift happened a year after the grade restructure above and was retained. Improvements across the board, plus reduction in prices.

Thanks for all the replies - really useful info!

I am now torn between a 2012 Premier and a 2014 Advance - both have around 30k on the clock and are similarly priced.  My main concern is that the life expectancy of the Battery.  I have read about the Hybrid Health check that is required annually in order to retain the warranty ... but only until the 10th anniversary of registration.  What happens after this?  And how long can I realistically expect the Battery to "live" for ... will it eventually need replacing?  I guess that would be expensive!!

On 4/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, Jasper49 said:

Thanks for all the replies - really useful info!

I am now torn between a 2012 Premier and a 2014 Advance - both have around 30k on the clock and are similarly priced.  My main concern is that the life expectancy of the battery.  I have read about the Hybrid Health check that is required annually in order to retain the warranty ... but only until the 10th anniversary of registration.  What happens after this?  And how long can I realistically expect the battery to "live" for ... will it eventually need replacing?  I guess that would be expensive!!

Ive been told the Battery warranty keeps going after 10 years if you keep doing the annual hybrid healthcheck.

I don't think many batteries have been replaced, if ever. Some vehicles have done crazy mileages especially in the states in the form of the Toyota Prius which is regularly used as a taxi over there. Think it was something like 600k on the original Battery and still well and truly alive

• Like 1

On 09/04/2018 at 7:40 AM, Jasper49 said:

Hi there, 

Many thanks in advance!

Its best to get the Premier. It comes with all the spec especially the 10 speaker Mark Levinson speakers. You should take your music usb and a dvd movie with you and listen to those amazing speakers. It will be enough to buy the car😀. 

It also comes with LED headlights, premium sat nav with europe maps, Bluetooth phone & music, electric heated leather seats, reversing camera, front and back sensors, keyless etc.

The radar cruise control is basically a cruise control which accelerates and brakes itself between 25mph and 120mph. You have a button on the steering wheel which lets you choose the gap between you and the car infront. It is really usefull and reduces stress and fatigue especially on motorways. It also does auto emergency braking. It is an optonal extra so is rare to find a used car with one.