Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hopefully stop the thieving B******S

• 2 weeks later...

Now here's a twist. In the news this morning in Holland. Due to the exploding car thefts caused by easy entry systems that can easily be intercepted, the insurance companies will no longer accept keyless entry as from next year. Cars with that system will not be insured.

How about that?

That is a hint from the insurance companies to the manufactures to get them to step up the level of security on the feature if they want to still include it in future models. Sure the level of encryption can be increased to make it super secure but it's gonna cost and manufactures wanna keep every little item within a budget. Can't really see the feature being withdrawn at the moment so standby for something to give ( Ie an excuse to increase price or make it a cost option)

paul m.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Has anyone got one of these pouches that has and is still working for a long time? If yes, where from and what make? I was about to buy from amazon but there are negative reviews regarding them stopping working after a few weeks?   https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076KZF645/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=AOGC2YQR4USJS&psc=1

• Like 1

Yes, I too can't understand the 'not working any more' bit, it's not like there is something to 'wear' out but it could be the build quality is not very robust and after a while the stitching perhaps 'gives' a little and it is enough for it to no longer be totally radio wave encapsulating?

paul m.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Yes, poor stitching was mentioned on the amazon reviews. Good to know that your ones are working fine.Any chance you could tell me what brand your ones are? I've been considering the ones below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073JNWH83/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A28HEM4DZGQQ3W&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071DP4KTZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A288R77YE5LLHH&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076KZF645/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?smid=AOGC2YQR4USJS&psc=1

My 2 were from a seller in China on eBay. No brand as such ... I read the sellers feedback for a few different ads and chose one based on good reviews.

They were so good I could leave my spare in the car in its pouch when we went walking in The Picos, N.Spain this summer.

My daily key set goes in the pouch every night when I get home from work. I do, periodically, go out and walk past the car with the pouch in my pocket just to see if it’s stopped working. I’m looking to see if the puddle lights come on ....... and they have not once.

My two were £4 delivered!!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Concerned about security? This is the Lexus Approved Faraday pouch.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-accessories/lexus-faraday-wallet/

Order today and have your pouch delivered to your door. Protect your Lexus!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 7/13/2019 at 12:42 PM, LexusPartsDirect said:

Concerned about security? This is the Lexus Approved faraday pouch.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-accessories/lexus-faraday-wallet/

Order today and have your pouch delivered to your door. Protect your Lexus!

Bought this thinking the Lexus parts will be good and will last. After about 18 months, accidentally found it is not working. Emailed them but no help. The pouch was intact with no obvious damage.

I bought the earlier version of the Vonetti which is made from a billet of aluminium. It does the job and will probably last forever but will only take one key fob and is not 'cheap'.  They have since streamlined it somewhat and this is the latter version.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284913671525?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=284913671525&targetid=1405282543919&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006516&poi=&campaignid=17218284410&mkgroupid=142217514411&rlsatarget=pla-1405282543919&abcId=9300867&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ef64tuv-QIV2t_tCh1_DgRGEAQYAiABEgIA0vD_BwE 

When i finally get around to changing a few buttons on my IS250 i'm installing a hidden switch between the start button and Battery. Flick it off and no more power to the start button rendering the car useless even if they get in to the car. They would then have to search to find the kill switch.  

Or add a racecar kill switch that has a key so once it's off and removed the car is not going anywhere unless they finally break in to my house and pick up the big red key along with the car keys.

7 hours ago, MrTrendizzle said:

When i finally get around to changing a few buttons on my IS250 i'm installing a hidden switch between the start button and battery. Flick it off and no more power to the start button rendering the car useless even if they get in to the car. They would then have to search to find the kill switch.  

This  is a good, simple idea which seems to have gone out of fashion.  I wonder why?

I had a Lotus Elan convertible which I thought might be something of a theft magnet.  So I fitted an isolator in the low tension supply to the distributor.  It had a short tube into which you inserted a threaded rod.  This completed the electrical circuit.

When I left the car I unscrewed the rod and tucked it out of sight.

The advantage of this system was that all a thief could do was get the starter to churn away - which wastes time. And suggests there’s an engine problem.  Even if they guessed it was a switch, they’d have to find it first - and who carries a small threaded rod around with them?

Of course, for all I know, my Lexus is now too sophisticated to  use such simple solutions.  It doesn’t have a low tension supply to a distributor, for a start!  But is there a digital equivalent - assuming I can still get such an isolating switch?

I've got to say my experience of these pouches has not been good. I was aware of reports saying they failed in service and unless you were checking their performance you would never know. When I checked mine and after 6 months of careful use, one had failed. This thread is a timely reminder for me to check the other one. Having said all that I religiously turn off my key fob by pressing and holding the lock button while pressing the unlock button twice.

The pouches I bought on June 21 were these: POUCHES

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

I've got to say my experience of these pouches has not been good. I was aware of reports saying they failed in service and unless you were checking their performance you would never know. When I checked mine and after 6 months of careful use, one had failed. This thread is a timely reminder for me to check the other one. Having said all that I religiously turn off my key fob by pressing and holding the lock button while pressing the unlock button twice.

Timely indeed, I bought the same from eBay and they had accreditations from Auto Express and the Police! 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Timely indeed, I bought the same from Ebay and they had accreditations from Auto Express and the Police! 

Just been out and checked both pouches and indeed the one that I had already identified as duff, still is!

The second however is still performing its function. Given we now have another car with keyless entry, I think I'll do what I half considered first time around and buy a shielded tin/box. Now on the lookout for something that can hold and provide ready access to all four sets of keys.

2 hours ago, Brian R said:

Do you know if there is a way to make 'off' the default to save me from the faff of turning the key off by pressing the buttons every time I leave the vehicle?

It takes very little effort to press the unlock button when approaching the car or pressing the lock button on the fob when leaving it. I have to do this now and a default off mode would bring peace of mind. I already have to worry if I turned the gas hob off before I went into town; I don't want to double my worry quotient! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links