Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sub £35k RCF's selling quick?

I would not be bothered too much, if anything press car would have been looked after the best... yes little bit of tire burning, power sliding ... and a lot of picture taken. Nothing Lexus car cannot handle. I would be much more worried about modified, wrapped examples which were previously owned by rich "street racers" and instead of Lexus service seen independent services usually called something "top/turbo/performance/tuning".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

That’s a lot of cars to avoid in a small pool available! 

What is acc and pcs?

Without Google...

Gonna say pre collision system and auto cruise control.

Now gonna Google.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a button like a pit Lane limiter. I don't like adaptive the times I've used it. Mind you I don't even use normal cruise unless it's as a speed limiter. Long avg speeds like motorway variables.

A friend of mine nearly crashed on adaptive as the car in front forked off and his car accelerated at the bend.

Having to remain alert while not in full control seems awkward to me. But horses for courses. I can see the attraction in some situations but I still struggle to enjoy the sensation of the car changing its speed.

What I found recently after thinking the seats weren't up to much is that if you spend some proper time getting comfy they are amazing.

Near 10 hours and only brief fuel stops and no aches and pains (I have a missing disc). Amazing car. Effortless to do distance.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

TBO my main criteria for the RCF was condition & a low mileage with The Mark Levinson . Also wasn’t bothered about the TVD as happier with the standard diff as car will never be tracked. I wanted that aspect of the cars chaaracter to be as analogue as possible - well as analogue as any car can be these days!.

Never used the adaptive cruise control on the ISF or any car before it so wasn’t bothered about that either - I don’t do a lot of miles in my cars so I want to drive it even if it’s in a 50mph average speed camera zone.

• Like 3

One would be pushed to find RC-F without ML. TVD or LSD is probably biggest question - the only way to know is to drive both, but obviously no seller going to be overly happy with "test drivers"... I haven't try either because Lexus never found me the car for 24h test drive.. so at this point my opinion is irrelevant about TVD. ACC/PCS and sunroof are easy options - either they are important for person or not - for me Sunroof is must... ACC/PCS would be the thing I would probably miss least... standard cruise would do for most. If ACC would be full speed - meaning you can sit with it in traffic - then I guess it would be much more important.

11 hours ago, Linas.P said:

no seller going to be overly happy with "test drivers"..

I think you'll find Lexus dealers are perfectly fine with test drives. So that's a bit of a non-issue really.

Private, sure. But you can still drive a Lexus sold car then go elsewhere.

I bought RCF other day with ACC/PCS TVD sunroof, QS exhaust etc just below 9k on the clock, was originally priced for £38k and I can tell you after the negotiations price dropped around £35k. I had a quick chat with Lexus Salesman and like someone previously said, some of the cars were bought on 3-year PPC and very soon they will be up for renewals and very likely their next choice is LC500 so hopefully more RCF coming to the market soon. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

I think you'll find Lexus dealers are perfectly fine with test drives. So that's a bit of a non-issue really.

Private, sure. But you can still drive a Lexus sold car then go elsewhere.

My point is that to feel the difference between TVD and LSD you need to push car a little bit.. ideally not on public road or at least not with salesman in passenger seat. Just to simply test drive RC-F - yes no issue what so ever... 

Me too. In terms of absolute performance there is no doubt TVD has some advantage.

However.......if you set it wrongly it is detrimental. IE the driver needs to know what he's doing or be prepared to experiment and understand.

I don't think I've read anyone say it is not the best diff (me included).

33 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Out of the regular suspects, there’s only one TVD equipped car piloted by someone who knows his onions. He swears by TVD. I trust his opinion.

it must be yourself... :devil2:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Me too. In terms of absolute performance there is no doubt TVD has some advantage.

However.......if you set it wrongly it is detrimental. IE the driver needs to know what he's doing or be prepared to experiment and understand.

I don't think I've read anyone say it is not the best diff (me included).

I am pretty convinced it is... my point is - to understand whenever you can or cannot live without it (how important option it is for you)... You would need to extensively drive car with it and without it. Or maybe not extensively, but in right conditions... which are not on 30MPH public road with salesman besides you.

7 hours ago, Mike Peter said:

I bought RCF other day with ACC/PCS TVD sunroof, QS exhaust etc just below 9k on the clock, was originally priced for £38k and I can tell you after the negotiations price dropped around £35k. I had a quick chat with Lexus Salesman and like someone previously said, some of the cars were bought on 3-year PPC and very soon they will be up for renewals and very likely their next choice is LC500 so hopefully more RCF coming to the market soon. 

Hi Mike hope the drive home was fun😉

Looking forward to seeing some photos👍🏻

• Like 1

On 10 April 2018 at 8:22 AM, Comedian said:

There is one for just under 30k now but it has 45k miles.

Looks like there are now two for under 30k albeit with high mileages.

I expect it's only natural that now the first ones are coming out of 3yr deals the residuals will take a dive. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links