Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sub £35k RCF's selling quick?

...and facelifted ones getting introduced - few less horses, but finally reasonable screen for MM, ACC/PCS standard. Clearly older ones going to get downwards pressure on prices.

There is one unfortunate soul trying to slip F-sport as well - must be quite hard when RC-F now costs the same £29k - likely that 300h will see reduction very soon.

6 hours ago, Linas.P said:

...and facelifted ones getting introduced - few less horses, but finally reasonable screen for MM, ACC/PCS standard. Clearly older ones going to get downwards pressure on prices.

There is one unfortunate soul trying to slip F-sport as well - must be quite hard when RC-F now costs the same £29k - likely that 300h will see reduction very soon.

Depends how many new ones actually sell.

• Like 1

Actually, looking at this, It's not even a facelift. They've simply offered a base model with cheap wheels and horrid paint.

So, in terms of Ford, the RCF range now includes the new L model (in addition to the existing LX And GHIAX)

😀

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I think you're looking at this like it's an is300h - people buy an RCF for the V8 and the styling. The toys are superfluous. 

The V8 aspect they've potentially made worse - I can't think of the target customer.

29 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I think you're looking at this like it's an is300h - people buy an RCF for the V8 and the styling. The toys are superfluous. 

The V8 aspect they've potentially made worse - I can't think of the target customer.

I Agree.

RCF already has a lot of toys a standard anyway some of which I probably won’t use 😂

It’s horses for courses - there will always be people who really enjoying using all the toys, but equally there are also people like me who it’s not their main priority. I think there will always be a market for them, what ever the spec, as they are so rare anyway.🤞😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Actually, looking at this, It's not even a facelift. They've simply offered a base model with cheap wheels and horrid paint.

So, in terms of Ford, the RCF range now includes the new L model (in addition to the existing LX And GHIAX)

😀

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Reduced ponies and torque on a car that needs both to compensate for weight. The update seems to be more eu regulation and enforced than by choice. If anything this makes the older models more desirable imo.

• Like 2

Lexus don’t listen to their customers

Yes, stick a larger screen in the new RCF, yes offer some new colours, etc. BUT, how about sticking on a switchable exhaust!!   Surely Lexus know how to do this?

• Like 2

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Reduced ponies and torque on a car that needs both to compensate for weight. The update seems to be more eu regulation and enforced than by choice. If anything this makes the older models more desirable imo.
It is, the other territories have a different power curve.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2018 at 11:58 PM, Bluethunder said:

I've been thinking about changing to a RCF for the past 6 months but keep changing my mind because I'm still really attached to my ISF.

But the recent shift of ISF owners on here has convinced me to make the move! 

Anyway, with a budget of £35K(for a car with less then 30Kmiles) this weekend I started making calls and hopefully arrange viewings but was left disappointed..

On AT: Grey one: sold on Sat. Black one(from Sandel Auto) sold on Sat after 2 days on AT. White carbon @£36k sold/disappeared from AT&Lexus website.

Silver one @Harveys: It's a long way for me to travel so it was a tentative call. Got offered a pathetic PX from them today:(

£30k to £35k RCFs must be where the demand is... 

Sorry, it was me who got the grey one.

I went to look at the orange Mustang but the RC-F just kept looking at me.

I loved them when they were released, but didn't love the price.

I was going to wait for the new Supra to arrive but got bored with the lack of info from Toyota.

I'm still trying to work out all the systems, I'll be back with some questions I'm sure.

Tim

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tfp said:

I was going to wait for the new Supra to arrive but got bored with the lack of info from Toyota.

I'm still trying to work out all the systems, I'll be back with some questions I'm sure.

Tim

Agreed, love the one I looked at during a meet 3 years ago now but the price was hefty, especially for the carbon one. The car is now where I expected it to be price wise and I imagine like the isf it will fall very slowly in depreciation from here on. At the current prices it is a mighty car in spec and performance and reliability for its age. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Lexus don’t listen to their customers

Yes, stick a larger screen in the new RCF, yes offer some new colours, etc. BUT, how about sticking on a switchable exhaust!!   Surely Lexus know how to do this?

@Flytvr That’s why Lexus got Quicksilver to develop both for the Rcf, my best guess is with the sales figures for these cars it was hardly cost effective for a major player to go your suggested route 

🐀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DAW said:

Hi Mike hope the drive home was fun😉

Looking forward to seeing some photos👍🏻

@DAW it was very good ta! I only live 3-4 miles away from the dealer but couldn't resist M4 drive so went for 50 miles drive with a huge grin on my face in manual all the way... I must say enjoyed every second of it and QS exhaust adds something special to RCF. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tfp said:

Tim

Congrats. Very envious! The grey colour is my favourite. They tried to sell me the White one that they had in Nottingham but mileage was very high and not my preferred colour..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr That’s why Lexus got Quicksilver to develop both for the Rcf, my best guess is with the sales figures for these cars it was hardly cost effective for a major player to go your suggested route 

🐀

Neh mate - can’t get my head around that. If they can redesign the dash, stick in a different screen - they had the budget to sort out an exhaust.

Proper exhaust or big ‘tele’ in dash - I know what most of us would prefer!!

It probably means that us petrol heads are the minority of world wide RCF owners. Therefore exhaust noise is not important and Lexus are catering for the majority.

• Confused 1

I think there might be a difference between Lexus Japan and Lexus UK - Lexus UK may want those exhaust but Lexus Japan might just say ファックオフ

1 hour ago, Mike Peter said:

@DAW it was very good ta! I only live 3-4 miles away from the dealer but couldn't resist M4 drive so went for 50 miles drive with a huge grin on my face in manual all the way... I must say enjoyed every second of it and QS exhaust adds something special to RCF. 

I would have done exactly the same 😉

I’m really looking forward to getting my QS exhaust installed and the drive home afterwards - hopefully my ears won’t be bleeding when I get home 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Neh mate - can’t get my head around that. If they can redesign the dash, stick in a different screen - they had the budget to sort out an exhaust.

Proper exhaust or big ‘tele’ in dash - I know what most of us would prefer!!

It probably means that us petrol heads are the minority of world wide RCF owners. Therefore exhaust noise is not important and Lexus are catering for the majority.

Have to say it surprises me as well.

I thought their biggest market was the US who expect their V8’s to come with epic noise as standard & a lot of the US “F” cars also end up with after market exhausts as well.

Can’t help thinking Lexus deliberately designed the exhaust to be quiet/refined  and is a Japanese preference for some reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Comedian said:

Oh.. I completely agree. If you ask me - even for the same price I would rather get older RC-F with less toys and more power, but it is undeniable that introduction of any upgrades in the trim will affect the price of used cars. The actual reduction in power is as well minimal and I doubt anyone would be able to feel it. Regardless of how important the toys are for target RC-F buyers the 8" screen was among the smallest in Lexus range, I agree the controls aren't perfect anyway, but it would be hard to argue that 10.3" screen is not an improvement. ACC/PCS is nice addition, leaving only sunroof and TVD as options.

It would be fair to note, that standard RC-F now comes with (in my opinion) outright ugly rims... and single option of plastic interior (alcantara). So the only choice is to go for "plus pack" which as well includes the rims from "Carbon" now (which I like the most).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Comedian said:

Target customer............🐀

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

The actual reduction in power is as well minimal 

Yes but as I have said in other discussion is not about the peak power - it's about how the power/torque is delivered through the rev range and on paper it looks like a roller coaster. The peak power drop just drew attention to it.

It still might not be noticeable to most, but until driven and shown to be otherwise, it looks pretty bad.

It seems new regulations are spoiling many cars.

I've just sold a TTRS which had lovely pops and bangs from the exhaust, and a nice crackle on hot start up.

The new ones being delivered now don't have it.

• Like 1

Btw that stale RC-F from Hatfields just disappeared yesterday, I don't know if it traded to another dealership or sold. If sold I reckon it was offer in ~£30k range, because that car was sitting on £34k for 6 month at least. In turn the OP might be onto something - maybe sub-£35k RC-F are really gaining interest now. The alternative theory - Hatfields overpaid for PX and didn't want to discount car at all, for a while it was cheapest available, but lately there were even sub-£30k cars so finally they accepted offer well below asking price.

• Like 1

And I agree, peak power might not tell the whole story. I have not seen new RC-F torque/hp graph so cannot comment (where is it available?).
Colin Barber posted it in another thread somewhere on this forum.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links