Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sub £35k RCF's selling quick?

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Last weekend, two incidents that I noticed -

1. Dacia ‘ Danduster’ came flying up behind me, flashing his lights. I initially thought he was angry. Then I spotted him giving me the thumbs up. The passenger was leaning out of the car filming on their phone.

2. A guy in Aberystwyth came running across the street to talk to me about the car. 

3. Actually No 3. Armed response unit loved the car too. Female PC preferred it to @Mark G‘s gorgeous GSF. Sorry Blue. I did buy him lunch to make Blue happier 😜

RCFs turn heads like no other cars I’ve owned. It could be the “Oh my god, that’s ugly” but I doubt it.

This is a big draw and I classify it as the ‘ownership experience’. Much like when I had my evora. It got so much positive attention it indirectly made me feel good to own it. Also, turning up to car meets and being the only one or one of 2 or 3 max is also a nice feeling. People massively underestimate exclusivity. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAW said:

I like the the styling of the M4, but they are so common where I live you almost don’t notice them.  They tend to blend in with all the other high spec 4 series - which is a great shame!!

Agree - there are some pretty 3 / 4 series cars out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

People massively underestimate exclusivity. 

Agree 100% but that said my CLS55 was pretty exclusive but much like the IS-F, it didn't really stand out, looking (to Joe Public at least) very much like it's "lesser" variants.

The RC just screams out at one, even parked up in the corner of a car park there's almost like a big balloon floating above it saying "Look at me"!!

Even without the rich burble of the V8 to attract attention mine seems to catch the eye of passing patrol cars (it's not my driving, honest!!), a couple have done a U turn to catch up and shadow me for a couple of miles before giving the thumbs-up and turning off. We're just back from a midweek break on Burgh Island and we lost count the number of cars on the A38/A303 that pulled along side then dropped back to check out the car. 

Exclusivity is great but one still needs the car to be noticed. 18 months into ownership and I still grin like a Cheshire cat every time I drive it :yahoo:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Agree 100% but that said my CLS55 was pretty exclusive but much like the IS-F, it didn't really stand out, looking (to Joe Public at least) very much like it's "lesser" variants.

The RC just screams out at one, even parked up in the corner of a car park there's almost like a big balloon floating above it saying "Look at me"!!

Even without the rich burble of the V8 to attract attention mine seems to catch the eye of passing patrol cars (it's not my driving, honest!!), a couple have done a U turn to catch up and shadow me for a couple of miles before giving the thumbs-up and turning off. We're just back from a midweek break on Burgh Island and we lost count the number of cars on the A38/A303 that pulled along side then dropped back to check out the car. 

Exclusivity is great but one still needs the car to be noticed. 18 months into ownership and I still grin like a Cheshire cat every time I drive it :yahoo:

Your car is a beauty!! Adore the interior 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Absolutely. My wife doesn’t understand why I value that attribute in a car. It gives me a sense of pride and just feels good. Loved that with the Evora. Frequently returned to car parks to have to wait while people took photos in front of it. I look forward to this with the rcf.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

This is a big draw and I classify it as the ‘ownership experience’. Much like when I had my evora. It got so much positive attention it indirectly made me feel good to own it. Also, turning up to car meets and being the only one or one of 2 or 3 max is also a nice feeling. People massively underestimate exclusivity. 

If you want real exclusivity get a GSF.....................:whistling:

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Mark G said:

If you want real exclusivity get a GSF.....................:whistling:

Indeed but the GS-F 'suffers' the same anonymity as the IS-F does. Both great cars, they just don't stand out from their variants.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Indeed but the GS-F 'suffers' the same anonymity as the IS-F does. Both great cars, they just don't stand out from their variants.

GS-F did when it was initially launched, but then with new facelift, I agree normal GS F-Sport looks very similar.

More importantly as you say RC just stands out, even non-F... and remember thats where some of my criticism came from - my expectations were much too high, because car looked fast even whilst standing still, but when you start driving you realise it is just "normal" car (I am being generous here). Obviously, that is not an issue for RC-F, but when talking about public Joe who has no clue... even RC300h looks mighty impressive. 

• Like 2

On a completely different note. Burgh Island is fantastic! Is Gary still working the bar?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevet said:

On a completely different note. Burgh Island is fantastic! Is Gary still working the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is, just celebrated his 25th year there!

Well celebrated by taking a week off in France, how very dare he!!

Big news while we were there, Tony and Deborah have sold out, to a consortium of London based investors ......

Please don't let them change the ambience of the place, we've been going there once or twice a year since 2007.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@Tfp Tim have you got a reg number of that one, that BCA is only 5 miles from me might pop along and see.

Big Rat

Yes, it's DG15 WRO

Maybe you could go and have a peek if bluethunder is interested.

It's being entered by a Lexus group dealer so needs inspecting carefully, must be a reason it's not going on their forecourt unless it's overage stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tfp said:

@Bluethunder

If you're still looking there is a RC-F going through Bca Bridgewater later in the month, 27th April.

It's white with red leather, 15 plate, 20,769 miles, had two services.

Tim

Thanks for the heads up Tim. Paul has just PM'd me.

• Like 1

@rayaans Yes saw those Rayaans in fact there were 3 others in total but the Solar flare Carbon SJ16ZKS that was at a dealers up North for some time was subsequently withdrawn and has 2 outstanding recalls on it, and VUI 1838 is some months past needing its first MOT

The third one CN15 UPF Which is also white with a red interior as is the one @Tfp has mentioned also has outstanding recalls.

The White one above that is going through the auctions. VUI1838 was an ex demonstrator fro Lexus Belfast who carried out a wrap on it for a show and  demonstration and had this wrap on it for some, here is one of many pictures I have of it

IMG_0770.thumb.JPG.10b07510b2d81fe47bfd228cca6b6707.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 5

This is cheeky, remember high miles cars going for under £30k... well now one of them costs £32k:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201804165593204?radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=b187ja&sort=price-asc&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&model=RC F&page=1

This one is the better from two with sunroof and TVD, but that is not enough just to add new photos and expect £2k extra overnight. Especially, with 46k it fares poorly with other cars around that price.

It was obvious those 2 blue RC-F had to change the prices, but if anything I would have expected one without TVD and sunroof to drop further in price, not for this one to jump by £2k. 

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

This is cheeky, remember high miles cars going for under £30k... well now one of them costs £32k:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201804165593204?radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=b187ja&sort=price-asc&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&model=RC F&page=1

This one is the better from two with sunroof and TVD, but that is not enough just to add new photos and expect £2k extra overnight. Especially, with 46k it fares poorly with other cars around that price.

It was obvious those 2 blue RC-F had to change the prices, but if anything I would have expected one without TVD and sunroof to drop further in price, not for this one to jump by £2k. 

When you see how low mileage you can get for 3k-5k more this is an odd price. Can’t see anyone buying at that price. 

51 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Maybe the dealer thought they had under priced it?

Oh whoops there goes a pig flying past my window :zorro:

It was private seller, so I guess you right - the trader though it was under priced + from private person you have to buy cash, so customer circle kind of limited. They though they can make quick money from flipping it around, expanding the options with finance etc.

In one way they are right, they made car more accessible - on other hand, exactly what @Stuno1 considering other cars for sale, with such mileage it is no-brainier to £32k for the car with 46k miles ,when you can get one with 20k miles for £33, or with 7k miles for £36k.. don't forget all probably negotiable. Equally, the other car with same mileage is £29.995 - again quite stark contrast. 

I reckon they might have taken the car from private owner at even lower price, so might have left themselves a bit of space for offers and just trying their luck at the moment. I doubt they would risk taking-on RC-F with such a high miles for just £2k.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Bluethunder If you're still looking.

BCA Blackbushe have a white Carbon on buy it now, £34,975 plus fees.

YE65 ZGL 9,023 miles, 3 owners, 2x main dealer services.

I don't think that's particularly cheap as you'd be buying it Trade, but you could always make them an offer, it's been through the sale and not sold.

Get someone to inspect it if you're interested.

Many cars at auction are very genuine, but many are not, and may have accident repairs or issues. Check underneath the car as I've bought many a good looking car at the sales to find damage underneath when it goes on the ramp.