Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sub £35k RCF's selling quick?

@Tfp In the last 11 months I've had 4 people pm for information I may or may not have on that car, and all 4 went to view and test drive it, none of whom bought it.

The reasons were many and varied not all of which were directly attributed to the car.

Big Rat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Tfp In the last 11 months I've had 4 people pm for information I may or may not have on that car, and all 4 went to view and test drive it, none of whom bought it.

The reasons were many and varied not all of which were directly attributed to the car.

Big Rat

Interesting. Not a great conversion rate.

• Like 1

[mention=60833]Tfp[/mention] In the last 11 months I've had 4 people pm for information I may or may not have on that car, and all 4 went to view and test drive it, none of whom bought it.
Big Rat
Did a bloke in a volvo turn up and talk them out of it?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 4/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, Tfp said:

@Bluethunder

If you're still looking there is a RC-F going through Bca Bridgewater later in the month, 27th April.

It's white with red leather, 15 plate, 20,769 miles, had two services.

Tim

Hi Tim, yes I’m still looking. The one at Audi Aberdeen that I was interested in was sold in less than a week.

Not keen on a white RCF but thanks for the heads up anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Hi Tim, yes I’m still looking. The one at Audi Aberdeen that I was interested in was sold in less than a week.

Not keen on a white RCF but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Ok, I'll keep an eye out on the BCA lists.

I still feel a little guilty of getting the grey one you'd seen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tfp said:

Ok, I'll keep an eye out on the BCA lists.

I still feel a little guilty of getting the grey one you'd seen.

No worries mate:) You need to post some photos of your car, it’s the best colour and really rare!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

No worries mate:) You need to post some photos of your car, it’s the best colour and really rare!

Thankyou for your kind comment.

31384922_832171746991781_4284341546909696_o.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the search for a RCF is over:) I put down a deposit yesterday for one in the common blue colour 😏 

The Lexus dealer is trying to sell me additional packages. Any thoughts whether it's worth paying  extra for:

• TLP - Total Loss Protection - This is a 'one-off' payment which covers you for 3 years, if the car is stolen or written off, TLP will pay the Gap between what your insurance company offers for your car and the invoice price. £449 for 3 years
  • Lexus SMART Cover - Professional repairs for minor scratches, dents, chips & scuffs: £449 for 3 years
  • Supagard - This is sealant that protects your paintwork and carpets for 3 years, it also treats the leather seats. 
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Finally the search for a RCF is over:) I put down a deposit yesterday for one in the common blue colour 😏 

The Lexus dealer is trying to sell me additional packages. Any thoughts whether it's worth paying  extra for:

• TLP - Total Loss Protection - This is a 'one-off' payment which covers you for 3 years, if the car is stolen or written off, TLP will pay the Gap between what your insurance company offers for your car and the invoice price. £449 for 3 years
  • Lexus SMART Cover - Professional repairs for minor scratches, dents, chips & scuffs: £449 for 3 years
  • Supagard - This is sealant that protects your paintwork and carpets for 3 years, it also treats the leather seats. 

No its all crap and can be found elsewhere much cheaper if you really want it.

The supagard is genuinely rubbish, the kit costs about £30, they slap it on as quick as they can and have multiple clauses embedded in the literature so you can't claim after its gone around 5-6 weeks later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

TLP is great if you right your car off the day before it runs out!

Not at Lexus prices it's not !

As Rayaans said, there are a lot cheaper options out there, from just as reputable províders. Myself I have a policy with ALA

Congratulations BlueThunder, don't forget the obligatory pics once you've collected her.

• Like 2

@Bluethunder Nean congrats Matey, have to agree with others better value elsewhere on those upsell add ons I never bother.

I simply did an agreed Valuation with it for the purchase price with my insurer.

🐀

• Like 2

@Bluethunder Welcome to the club & great choice 👍🏻

As others have said re Lexus prices it’s probably only worth it if they offer you a good deal in comparison with what’s available elsewhere.

These cars are so rare I would seriously consider an agreed valuation insurance or gap insurance from someone like ALA. You will not get anywhere near the value of the car if it’s written off or stolen from a normal insurance policy.

I had a agreed valuation policy with Adrian Flux & have just switched to a 5 year Gap insurance with ALA (when I recently changed to an RCF) which can be done providing its within 6 months of purchase. PistonHeads also has a promo discount code you can use. It cost me about £350 for the 5 years - for comparison Lexus wanted £500 for 3 years.

• Like 3

F cars might be rare, but they are difficult to shift. I suspect, in reality, most cars are actually worth much less than owners realise.

It’s only when you come to sell reality steps in. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

actually worth much less than owners realise.

I don't think they are "worth" much less, but the demand is not as high. So they are probably worth more, but outside of Lexus lovers group nobody is willing to pay it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I don't think they are "worth" much less, but the demand is not as high. So they are probably worth more, but outside of Lexus lovers group nobody is willing to pay it.

Very small market

Any car in the 30k bracket is hard to sell private. Not many people have the money, just a credit line to the sharks. People with the kind of money to have 30k to spend probably have more and want more. I think the 30k area is a bit of a dead zone.

A dealer offers quick easy finance and are covered by consumer protection regulation. 

The problem doesn't lie with the car entirely,  it lies also with the market conditions. My opinion only of course.

There was no way on Earth I would have bought mine private, so why should I expect anyone else to?

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Very small market

The market might be small but so is the choice for potential buyers. If you want a specific colour and mileage then you could be waiting for a while... 

The 2 blue ones at under £30k are not desirable for potential buyers because of the high mileage unless a couple of grand is knocked off the price. 

The other problem I encountered was that dealers weren't willing to negotiate on the price. 

Dealer for the silver carbon at Tunbridge Wells would not even budge on the asking price even though I told him that I knew it was for sale earlier in the year at Stoke for £38k and offered me less than Webuyanycar for mine!

• Like 1

My last car was a 2010 S5 sportback with low miles (approx 40k) this meant there was only around 8 comparable cars for sale in the country when it was written off. I didnt struggle at all to get market value from my insurance. I rejected the first offer out of greed but would have been pretty happy accepting it unbeknown to them.

GAP is great as it gives you what you actually paid for the car in the rare even its stolen or written off. However I dont believe people struggle to get what it would cost them to replace the car like for like from an insurer given my recent experiences with a rare(ish) car as suggested.

3 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

The market might be small but so is the choice for potential buyers. If you want a specific colour and mileage then you could be waiting for a while... 

The 2 blue ones at under £30k are not desirable for potential buyers because of the high mileage unless a couple of grand is knocked off the price. 

The other problem I encountered was that dealers weren't willing to negotiate on the price. 

Dealer for the silver carbon at Tunbridge Wells would not even budge on the asking price even though I told him that I knew it was for sale earlier in the year at Stoke for £38k and offered me less than Webuyanycar for mine!

Lexus dealers won't drop more than £500-1000 on a used car though. Doesnt matter what it is.

20 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Lexus dealers won't drop more than £500-1000 on a used car though. Doesnt matter what it is.

I managed to shift one about £1500 with freebies on top totalling about 2k but took 4 hours and at the end of the month and they had 2 to sell.

17 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

Oh FFS 🤣

As far as market value from standard insurance policies go - there is a thread on here relating to a stolen ISF & the best offer from the insurance company was 10k below the cheapest ISF available at the time if I remember correctly!!

Its the reason I took out an agreed valuation on my ISF at the time.

• Like 1

I find that really hard to believe since I have just gone through it myself and insurers were asking for autotrader adverts as evidence of market worth.

If you cant agree a valuation it goes to the ombudsman. Now considering you have to be able to replace the car with another similar one under an insurance policy, I cant see how they could justify a low price.

I would say the rareness and inflated values of the ISF at lexus dealers would be a good thing should it be written off.

Supragard is a massive con. My wife succumbed to the hard sell on her IS, with the dealer (Chester) taking 10 mins plus to say how poor quality Lexus paintwork was and why it was necessary.  I found his manner on the verge of aggressive and once he realised I was not the decision maker, he shut me out of the conversation. I then observed carefully and noted all the tactics to be used as ammo when I bought my IS-F. I was planning to wait for him to rubbish the paint, dig himself a nice hole, then demand it for free on the grounds that the factory paint was not fit for purpose. I was also going to dib him in to the Dealership Owner for being so derogatory about Lexus to customers. In the end it was anything but Super and provided no Garding of any description (or spelling). I also bought my IS-F from Wolverhampton.

The punter who bought my RC-F new from Chester also had it put on, presumably as  a result of such sales tactics . I bought the car 3 months later and when I had a query about some hard to shift watermarks, was told in a very abrupt manner by Chester that it was nothing to do with them and I should speak to Supragard. Of course, there is some small print that says that the guarantee is not transferable between owners, and I was basically told to FRO by Supragard too.

I notice you are in Cheshire Nean; would you be by any chance buying it from Chester? If so, the service guys there are great, so don't be put off by some dodgy sales people 

• Like 1