Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about changing to a RCF for the past 6 months but keep changing my mind because I'm still really attached to my ISF.

But the recent shift of ISF owners on here has convinced me to make the move! 

Anyway, with a budget of £35K(for a car with less then 30Kmiles) this weekend I started making calls and hopefully arrange viewings but was left disappointed..

On AT: Grey one: sold on Sat. Black one(from Sandel Auto) sold on Sat after 2 days on AT. White carbon @£36k sold/disappeared from AT&Lexus website.

Silver one @Harveys: It's a long way for me to travel so it was a tentative call. Got offered a pathetic PX from them today:(

£30k to £35k RCFs must be where the demand is... 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I think the fact remains that they now represent fantastic value for money, as does the ISF for that matter.

Big Rat 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30-35k is a sweet spot for a lot of car owners in terms of how much they are willing to spend. Also with the rcf now coming close onthe isf in price depreciatuon should slow dramatically. I would never look to own a new one of these but your budget is the same as mine when the time comes. Also, you are looking at the worst time really as the market for sports cars always picks up this time of year. The white carbon one looked a bargain given the current market imo. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect most owners of the RC-F have it on pcp which means the 3 years are coming up, so the oldest RC-F you can buy will be 3 years old, i don't expect you can get one for less than £30k, so your £30k - £35k is around the mim selling mark, 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one for just under 30k now but it has 45k miles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand from another member in the trade that my recently sold ISF didn’t depreciate at all last year, so it would appear the residuals are currently bottoming out for low mileage examples.

If the ISF is anything to go by 30-35k is a good point to pick up a well looked after low mileage RCF.  Keep the mileage relatively low & it will work out as cheap motoring for a performance car with strong residuals later 🤞, especially as they are currently rarer than the ISF 👍🏻

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAW said:

I understand from another member in the trade that my recently sold ISF didn’t depreciate at all last year, so it would appear the residuals are currently bottoming out for low mileage examples.

If the ISF is anything to go by 30-35k is a good point to pick up a well looked after low mileage RCF.  Keep the mileage relatively low & it will work out as cheap motoring for a performance car with strong residuals later 🤞, especially as they are currently rarer than the ISF 👍🏻

Bang on and exactly my thoughts. This is my goal over the next few cars. Buy the right car at the right price and sell for as little loss as possible. Sounds easy but it neeeds a lot of research. Managed with my isf and my Evora and rcf is the next one then hopefully a Aston v8vs and then who knows! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 was my goal last year but was un-achievable 12 months ago. I did get quite close though and had 12 months of fun :wub:

No regrets. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Bang on and exactly my thoughts. This is my goal over the next few cars. Buy the right car at the right price and sell for as little loss as possible. Sounds easy but it neeeds a lot of research. Managed with my isf and my Evora and rcf is the next one then hopefully a Aston v8vs and then who knows! 

Sounds like a plan but as you say it will take some research.

Only car I have had with better residuals than the ISF was a Williams Clio, which just goes to show that rarity is a good thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DAW said:

Sounds like a plan but as you say it will take some research.

Only car I have had with better residuals than the ISF was a Williams Clio, which just goes to show that rarity is a good thing.

Agreed. The rcf should be good at current prices from a depreciation point of vire but time will tell. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 more private sale cars have appeared on AT today. Probably see more now that the 2015 cars are 3 years old and needing MOTs.

Also got a improved PX offer from Harvey's but still not enough..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DAW said:

I understand from another member in the trade that my recently sold ISF didn’t depreciate at all last year, so it would appear the residuals are currently bottoming out for low mileage examples.

If the ISF is anything to go by 30-35k is a good point to pick up a well looked after low mileage RCF.  Keep the mileage relatively low & it will work out as cheap motoring for a performance car with strong residuals later 🤞, especially as they are currently rarer than the ISF 👍🏻

Currently rarer than the ISF but they have already sold more so the ISF will win out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of disagree, Black one at Hatfields was at sub-£35K mark for over half-year now and 3-4 cars are always available to choose from. My issue is that most of them don't have either TVD, or Sunroof or ACC/PCS. And I haven't seen such cars for under £35k for a while. There is one RC-F for £29k (cheapest ever) now with all bits, but 46k miles are quite high for the age.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, stevet said:

Currently rarer than the ISF but they have already sold more so the ISF will win out there.

Oh ok - do you know what the RCF figures currently are for the uk out of interest?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't agree with that either Lexus sold only 201 RC-F  out of which 201 remains (4 SORN),  IS-F 220 (7 SORN)/224 remains. In long term Coupe will always be more valuable then 4 door saloon, but IS-F will become classic sooner, because it is older.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My figures from Lexus source match those from ‘How many left’

That is 169 RCF with 2 Sorn

And 25 Carbon with 1 Sorn, the 4th quarter 2017 and 1st quarter 2018 figures have not been released as yet.

As regards the desirability of the few available options mine has Acc/PCs and a Sunroof But no Tvd that was my choice, which I guess is the case for every perspective buyer.

As always with such a small pool of cars to choose from some compromise has to be made and it’s a wise move move as well to check the history of the car as a fair number had a very hard early life.

Big Rat

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree - but we all can hope ... to find that perfect car and at the same time being in the right position/time to afford it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

My figures from Lexus source match those from ‘How many left’

That is 169 RCF with 2 Sorn

And 25 Carbon with 1 Sorn, the 4th quarter 2017 and 1st quarter 2018 figures have not been released as yet.

As regards the desirability of the few available options mine has Acc/PCs and a Sunroof But no Tvd that was my choice, which I guess is the case for every perspective buyer.

As always with such a small pool of cars to choose from some compromise has to be made and it’s a wise move move as well to check the history of the car as a fair number had a very hard early life.

Big Rat

Press cars that had the hard life? Of the 200 ish available how many were press cars?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stuno1 said:

Press cars that had the hard life? Of the 200 ish available how many were press cars?

7...

But some non-press cars had hard life as well. Sports cars are not bought just to sit on driveway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my figures off a Lexus sales guy. He said 214 RC F sold to date and 213 IS F left but nothing to back it up so could be BS :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he double counted press cars? Because they were pre-registered, then sold-off. Optionally, he quotes reserved facelifted cars which are yet to be delivered/registered and therefore we would not be able to see them in DB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

7...

But some non-press cars had hard life as well. Sports cars are not bought just to sit on driveway.

IMG_0996.thumb.jpg.e423b6dfdc8f51c8eaa28077378dbe9c.jpg

mine is, picked up September, 805 miles, i think it looks very nice sitting on the driveway. lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LC is not RC-F, though GT car can be used to digest quite a few miles as well. The difference between sports cars and GT is that most of GT cars are most likely driven on nice and relaxing motorway miles across continents, whereas sport cars are trashed across track and back streets. So my point - it is not number of miles that matters... Sports cars are generally there to be trashed - I guess that was as well the same point about "hard lives".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 is way off the mark for Press cars it’s considerably more than that. Many ‘Lexus senior management ‘ allocated cars were used heavily by journalists and Lexus employees for such things as hill climb events and promotional work. When the LC was launched for instance a lot of Rcf & Gsf were pressed into service, excuse the pun for all manner of things including many cars that were on sale.

I have a list of almost all of these cars that included photos and videos of what they were being used for.

It currently stands at 39 vehicles, this does include the GsF’s.

As @Linas.P quite rightly points out it is inevitable these cars are going to be driven in a manner for which they are intended.

Big Rat

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, what I mean by 7 press cars - 7 cars were pre-registered and toured across UK, before they were available to buy for public. After that they were sold, however for later days many cars were used for press, unsold stock, management cars, used stock, demo cars etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now