Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good price for set of IS-F rims

Yep.. had little conversation going - they said, they reducing stock now so consider that to be "discounted price". Sadly, for me they would not accept trade-in (for the same reason - stock reduction)of my 3 stets of wheels.. not to mention investing more money in my car before selling is not good idea anyway. 

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

you don't mean full set of IS-F wheels for £480?

Yes, full set refurbished, couldn’t believe the price so snapped them up! Sitting in the garage now ready to be swapped over for summer 😀

• Like 2

I don't think there were mesh alloys ever available for sale (because realistically how many cars were sold post ~2012). However, there was one car written-off and sold as parts - so I guess alloys were available.

5 hours ago, Stazza80 said:

Yes, full set refurbished, couldn’t believe the price so snapped them up! Sitting in the garage now ready to be swapped over for summer 😀

That was steal... even £672 is... but I reckon they would sell them even cheaper, hence they have enabled "offer" - I guess reasonable to say 4x valves + 4x caps are missing, so any offer in range of £550-600 can be acceptable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I don't think there were mesh alloys ever available for sale (because realistically how many cars were sold post ~2012). However, there was one car written-off and sold as parts - so I guess alloys were available.

That was steal... even £672 is... but I reckon they would sell them even cheaper, hence they have enabled "offer" - I guess reasonable to say 4x valves + 4x caps are missing, so any offer in range of £550-600 can be acceptable.

I made a reasonable offer initially but that got declined so there’s probably not much in it. Obviously got to pay to get tires swapped plus new valves but still a massive bargain 😀 I would say it’s one of those lucky eBay moments where you catch it before anyone else does 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

IS F mesh wheels became a zero cost option in 2010, but I doubt many were specified with them. 

• Like 2

I offered £350 for one of their £408 sets of "Hoshi" wheels that had 24hrs to go, and they counter-offered somewhere in the middle. I was happy to oblige, so more or less got them with free shipping. The quality is superb and they pretty-much nailed the "Titanium" finish these wheels are supposed to have. They were also extremely well-packaged in tough company-branded boxes.  These people are definitely not cowboys offering "too good to be true" deals! :thumbsup:NewWheels-01.thumb.jpg.ef1d72a5d2f12d8f803549ce60e5aa2d.jpg

• Like 4

dropped price further - £633 now (kind of feel offer for £600 would go trough):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/263570590254?ul_noapp=true

There is another set with Michelin PSS (IS250 size), but priced a bit steep for what it is - used tires, some scratches and chips:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253565659844?ul_noapp=true

good condition overall, but realistically the only way to make it pristine is to refurbish again... and used tires are used tires - you cannot put price on those. 

I was just wondering to myself - this must be IS-F wheels month. 3 sets on sale, quite rare occurrence considering just over 200 cars were sold in UK and some had mesh style. So just middle in the air guesstimate ~180 such sets exist + maybe ~10 US imports and now 3 of them on sale.

Interesting point... were original IS-F rims prone to corrosion?

I assumed they didn't have corrosion issues like standard IS rims of early cars, it is interesting what would happen in such scenario and how they would find the way back onto market. I remember the thread about RC-F "diamond-cut" rims getting "white-worm". If I remember right in that case only the damaged wheel was replaced with new and dealership took the old one back. So I assumed they either send it back to the factory or scraped it. Somehow I cannot imagine dealer trying to refurbish and resell single wheel, especially when they are corner specific.

Interesting point... were original IS-F rims prone to corrosion?
I assumed they didn't have corrosion issues like standard IS rims of early cars, it is interesting what would happen in such scenario and how they would find the way back onto market. I remember the thread about RC-F "diamond-cut" rims getting "white-worm". If I remember right in that case only the damaged wheel was replaced with new and dealership took the old one back. So I assumed they either send it back to the factory or scraped it. Somehow I cannot imagine dealer trying to refurbish and resell single wheel, especially when they are corner specific.
I don't think the RC-F wheels are corner-specific.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry just to clarify - I had IS-F wheel in mind when I said "corner specific", I mentioned RC-F wheel thread just to illustrate the process i.e. that Lexus Dealer would not let you keep the damaged wheel.