Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seen for sale anyone on here?

Hi just seen this for sale and it states it belonged to someone on here. I am very interested.

Can the previous owner if they are on here still give me more info please

s-l1600 (2).jpg

or this one? Something iffy with the mileage on this one. Looks ok upto its 2017 MOT then the last one comes up as not recorded but when I do a full check it comes up as 283 miles?

Could be that the dash ODO was out so they couldn't record it .

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, scudney said:

furthermore both cars still have outstanding recalls on them 

So that is 2 opportunities to get free coffee, fuel and CT200 F-sport for a day... :D

• Like 1

lol,yes,didn't get a free coffee 🍵 but got a Lexus pen instead,free fuel ⛽ and a CT200 f sport and bought a leather cleaning kit,when mine was done 😊 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

CT is good in the way - I always start appreciating my IS and cannot wait to get back to it. 

Totally agree and makes you realise how good the IS is after running about in a CT200h all day. 

I think it's dreadful to be honest.

• Like 1

use the gov.uk check mot history website and it should tell you,on the mot page is a check any outstanding recalls,hope this helps 😊 

10 hours ago, DazR said:

or this one? Something iffy with the mileage on this one. Looks ok upto its 2017 MOT then the last one comes up as not recorded but when I do a full check it comes up as 283 miles?

Could be that the dash ODO was out so they couldn't record it .

s-l1600.jpg

That's unusual, you don't often see modded IS250's. Being sold by a bodyshop / modding outfit, naturally the body work looks to be in tip top condition. Price reflects this though

The MOT history suggests it's been driven enthusiasticaly? (Multiple advisories for worn rear tyres), but on the other hand it looks like it might have a new exhaust section - check if this was repaired or replaced.

The declared mileage is 68K which is in line with where it should be so it's most likely a data entry error at the MOT

What sort of mileage should I be concerned about with the IS250? I have an IS200 sport on a 02 plate that,s done 113K now and is still going strong.

Largest expense was changing the front calipers, but after owning it for almost 5 years that's not bad going :)

I have seen a 2008 IS250 SR  that has every toy going Mark Levinson full leather satnav etc but its done 125k :( but no recall notice which nice. Most of the others I have found still has the recall in place.

I would not be concerned about any mileage - provided cars was maintained and has documents to prove it. If my car anything to go by 176k - and single fault was A/C pump (@~150k), due to incorrect service. Calipers are issue on any mileage cars - I am almost under impression  - more so on low mile cars. For anything over 10 years old, expect to replace exhaust and calipers regardless of the mileage.

6 hours ago, DazR said:

I have seen a 2008 IS250 SR  that has every toy going Mark Levinson full leather satnav etc but its done 125k 

Then it was not SR. SR was never available with leather, unless somebody retrofitted it. However, it is possible somebody put "SR kit" (lips, skirts, spoiler) on other trim. 

I think heated seats were standard on all mk2 IS'es except SR, ventilated seats were options on Sport, SE and not available on F-Sport, IS-F and Advance. Only standard on SE-L, but most SE-i and SE with leather have it.

• Like 1

If you buy one that hasn't had the airbag recall done its an opportunity to get the creaky dash sorted. Mine is now quiet as a mouse after I got them to change the dashboard clips while doing the airbag. Just had to pay the £25 for the clips.

On 12/04/2018 at 3:43 PM, Linas.P said:

I think heated seats were standard on all mk2 IS'es except SR, ventilated seats were options on Sport, SE and not available on F-Sport, IS-F and Advance. Only standard on SE-L, but most SE-i and SE with leather have it.

My 2008 SR has heated seats.

18 minutes ago, Gramera flash said:

My 2008 SR has heated seats.

You you check my post again - "were standard ... except of SR", meaning on SR they are "optional". As ventilated seats are optional on .....