Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This was my LS that I stupidly sold around 4 years ago for £1,100 with 107K and full service history,  and just about immaculate.  So what a real shame to read its dreadful MOT history, a picture of total neglect. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Lexus-LS400-LPG/112925084294?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Oh dear, sold for spares/repairs :sad:

Why did you sell it Phil?

Stupidity really! I wanted an LS430 which cost me 3 times as much with higher mileage, not a patch on the LS 430 I sold this year, the sale of which could also be considered foolish.  Still, I'm enjoying the GS and can't see me going back to the LS fold..... maybe.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrdoofa said:

The LS430 you sold me won’t be getting neglected like that!!!

I'm glad to hear it young man. Come to think of it my LS400 was sold to a man in Yorkshire as well.

10 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Ive seen that add before, maybe within this past 6 months or so, DVLA emphasises MOT due 1st May

The fact they're not putting it through an MOT makes you wonder what else could be wrong.  Having said that, the guy from Halifax that I sold it too was a decent sort so good luck to him if he can get that kind of money for it.

On 11/04/2018 at 11:29 AM, The-Acre said:

So what a real shame to read its dreadful MOT history, a picture of total neglect.

Does seem odd that that much sh*t would happen from 2016 -2017.  Really surprised that headlight adjuster was advisory, as when snapped it means you blind most people approaching, and the road ahead is so poorly lit, you end up hitting every unseen pothole.

Makes me wonder how much was spent correcting all the problems and what exactly was meant by an oil leak?

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Does seem odd that that much sh*t would happen from 2016 -2017.  Really surprised that headlight adjuster was advisory, as when snapped it means you blind most people approaching, and the road ahead is so poorly lit, you end up hitting every unseen pothole.

Makes me wonder how much was spent correcting all the problems and what exactly was meant by an oil leak?

Mike (Bluesman) can tell you how nice it was on account of him being a passenger in it once.  I see its got one bid.  It'll be interesting to look up the MOT in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Mike (Bluesman) can tell you how nice it was on account of him being a passenger in it once.  I see its got one bid.  It'll be interesting to look up the MOT in a couple of months.

It was a nice car. Everything worked as it should. Its the only LS I have been in other than my own one.

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

It was a nice car. Everything worked as it should. Its the only LS I have been in other than my own one.

Well you were sensible enough to keep yours Mike.  I know we've all said it, but it still amazes me the way the LS400 just goes on and on.  One has appeared here recently which I've seen a few times, big wheels, big exhausts and a few touches that wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I must say it looks good, and sounds fantastic.