Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brembo Pads and discs Isf Gsf Rcf

As we all know from Lexus the pads and discs are not cheap, I had a guy source brembo pads for the front of my isF last year and have just sorted a another  set for @Rusty Crobar for the same price of £72.00 the rears are a little less.

Had an email today today from him front pads now released and available in 24 hrs for  both the Rcf and Gsf rear pads and front and rear discs will follow shortly. The price for the front pads for the Rcf and Gsf is £55.35 + vat

A group buy is a possibility but unlikely so if anybody wants them here's the link ask for Sam or Neil they both know all about.

http://wrsfactors.co.uk/contact-us

Big Rat

• Like 7

@Flytvr Thanx Matey it just so happens to be that they only a few roads from me so when the time comes let me know and I’ll pick some up for you, or anybody else  that’s local for that matter.

I spoke with Tim Huxley at Cheltenham today and he’s happy for his guyes  to fit them as they did for you before, not a warranty issue.

🐀

• Like 1

@ColinBarber My experience of the ones from here for  my isF is that the material is different undoubtedly ceramic and the dust reduction was huge.

I used the car with them and there was no discernible difference in performance on the road in normal driving or fast road, I was impressed.

Big Rat

• Like 2

I have pads but discs are showing signs up getting a lip already. Aggressive pad material on stock, hence all the dust and fast wear. Might swap them out this weekend just to reduce dust, even though loads of material left.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Great news for those of us who are reluctant to pay £300+ for 4 pieces of MS plate with some friction material glued on, BUT are these really genuine brembo parts? I only ask because the brembo online catalogue only lists rear pads for the RCF/GSF and notes these as being "under development".

If this doesn't pan out I see EBC are now offering fronts for the RCF/GSF  in varying grades for £76 - £110 according to grade with prices for rears on request,

As far as Lexus fitting non- Lexus pads goes, my local dealer at Twickenham flatly refused. Anybody else had the same experience? Perhaps we should have a league table of cooperative dealers..............

Graham

• Like 1

@08ISF Graham as I understand it all brembo is made in China nowadays, what isn’t, but my guys source gets them from Italy as you can see from the pics below.71F9A3FE-98C6-4A49-A00F-502316609DFD.thumb.jpeg.561df0b9a979e3bd0817d20d1acd12a9.jpegEDEA1636-3EAF-4D8E-99D6-D2B3C7119996.thumb.jpeg.4e4705c94f4f16c4b75a5f3ae593af2d.jpeg

Im not surprised some dealers will not fit them  they want the markup profits for OEM. I fully accept that and why not I have my own small business and business is business 😁

However if the aftermarket part I’m buying fulfills my needs for the fraction of the cost I know which direction I’m going in.

My best guess is the OEM pads are also designed for some track work as well, I don’t track my cars so it’s not a consideration.

Here is the box my last isF pads came in from them.

Big Rat

• Like 3

Hi Big Rat,

The point I was making was that brembo do not actually list front pads for the RCF/GSF in their online catalogue so where is your contact getting them from? brembo apparently have factories all over the world including China, but China does a reputation for counterfeit products. Is your contact sure he's getting brembo as opposed to a Chinese rip off.

Link to brembo catalogue page for pads:

https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/pad/P_83_164

Don't think there's much of an issue with the ISF brake parts, they seem to be plentiful but aftermarket non Lexus brake parts for our cars seem to be thin on the ground.

On a slight tangent but I am running MTEC discs all round at the moment due to my brembo cracking during a trackday and cheese grating my brembo pads.

So far so good wrt discs.

Running brembo pads (apparently) from ECP with no issues although I miss the bite of the yellowstuff pads I ran a couple of years ago.

Will be swapping them out for yellowstuff pads for further track work.

• Like 1

@08ISF I’ll pop in to the Motor Factors and speak with Sam when I get a minute, personally I still like this personal contact aspect and I’ll report back.

As always with something as important as braking components I think it unlikely an over the counter Motor Factor like them or ECP selling complete rubbish, may not be 100% OEM quality but then neither are the prices.

Big Rat

• Like 2

brembo manufacture from 15 sites around the world, a massive new factory was opened in Michigan USA a couple of years ago, China admittedly can copy anything very well, they look the same as the originals until you come to use them the way they were intended..............then you will realise if they are real or fake.................

• Like 3

Hi Big Rat,
The point I was making was that Brembo do not actually list front pads for the RCF/GSF in their online catalogue so where is your contact getting them from?

Same fit as LS460

They must make them as they make them for lexus.

I got set from USA and it says made in China.

I would buy ebc too.

The OEM pads show as having a friction material of Galfer 5032. Not sure if that means brembo use Galfer material or they get Galfer to make the pads for them.

Nothing else uses those pads, the LS460 may be the same size but different material is used.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 08ISF said:

If this doesn't pan out I see EBC are now offering fronts for the RCF/GSF  in varying grades for £76 - £110 according to grade with prices for rears on request,

You need to be careful with their website, it implies they stock greenstuff pads which makes no sense for an F as they are designed for small, light, and low powered vehicles. Brakeshop.co.uk show yellowstuff as being available.

The OEM pads show as having a friction material of Galfer 5032. Not sure if that means Brembo use Galfer material or they get Galfer to make the pads for them.
Nothing else uses those pads, the LS460 may be the same size but different material is used.
5032 is the way (4 digits) galfer list compounds. Odd to mix different manufacturers discs and pads. So maybe only calipers are brembo then? I assumed when they say brembo brakes they mean all of it. It would also explain why brembo don't list.

11 hours ago, Comedian said:

5032 is the way (4 digits) galfer list compounds. Odd to mix different manufacturers discs and pads. So maybe only calipers are Brembo then? I assumed when they say Brembo brakes they mean all of it. It would also explain why Brembo don't list.

It is odd. All the pictures I've seen of the pad part codes on the web have brembo written on the back and a tube of brembo grease in the box.

5ad04caab0140_ScreenShot2018-04-13at07_21_53.thumb.png.0d555d4854e21ed6ed437d722ca0ae04.png

5ad04c5eeef3e_ScreenShot2018-04-13at07_18_17.png.0ab9f6ef90045c330d396933b94a4de3.png5ad04c6c1e314_ScreenShot2018-04-13at07_19_54.png.bdf7ddd46a25dd4714ff1778fa651710.png 

• Like 3

Maybe some kind of production sharing deal.

A quick Google reveals similar on other cars, people confused by brembo pads with a galfer compound.

Nice work colin :)

Thanks Big Rat. Looks like its sorted now, we have 2 possible sources of pads apart from Lexus. All we need to do now is source some reasonably priced rotors. I like to think ahead,you see!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 08ISF said:

Thanks Big Rat. Looks like its sorted now, we have 2 possible sources of pads apart from Lexus. All we need to do now is source some reasonably priced rotors. I like to think ahead,you see!

These are what I run

https://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/lexus/is-f-08-13/is-f-5-0-02-08-12-13.html

My advice....  Don't get drilled discs if track driving...  :-(

Screenshot_20180412-112903.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 08ISF said:

@08ISF Graham couldn't agree more it is a bit of a mine field at times sourcing braking components!

🐀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links