Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speech recognition

I have recently bought a 2015 is300h Executive..
I was a bit miffed to find it doesn't have speech recognition. Only the ability to us voice tags for phone.

It's not something I would use a lot, but is handy for choosing music tracks, if nothing else.

I wonder, would it be a software upgrade to get it,  or is it more involved ?

On 4/12/2018 at 11:14 PM, Hadrian said:

I have recently bought a 2015 is300h Executive..
I was a bit miffed to find it doesn't have speech recognition. Only the ability to us voice tags for phone.

It's not something I would use a lot, but is handy for choosing music tracks, if nothing else.

I wonder, would it be a software upgrade to get it,  or is it more involved ?

Cant be done.

Voice recognition only comes on certain models. Its rubbish anyway tbh with you so you're not missing out on much

The voice activation system is rubbish. It takes about 5 or more steps to make a phone call !!!!!!! I simply don't use mine. You're better off without it and the frustration it causes.

Shame tho for lexus to provide such dire function. The ones I've had in my previous fords have been top notch.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Cant be done.

Voice recognition only comes on certain models. Its rubbish anyway tbh with you so you're not missing out on much

Thanks for reply anyway. I also have a Ford BMax as a runaround car. That has a limited voice recognition function,

which I only really use for selecting tracks on my USB stick.

46 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

The voice activation system is rubbish. It takes about 5 or more steps to make a phone call !!!!!!! I simply don't use mine. You're better off without it and the frustration it causes.

Shame tho for lexus to provide such dire function. The ones I've had in my previous fords have been top notch.

Thanks Vlad. Yes the system on my Ford BMax works quite well. That makes me feel a lot better by not having the function :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if it anything like the Toyota VR system then trust me you are better off not having it, your sanity will suffer when trying to use it and eventually the buttons become redundant as you will never use it. 

And then every once in a while I forget how bad it is and try using it, only to verbally berate myself for not remembering how bad it is.

Used to be 5 Steps to Dial  but is now a maximum of 3 & often 2 Steps.

The only issue is remembering the individual's Voice Tag on your Iphone as the car lacks the Siri function to aid memory !

Tel

The only thing I use the voice function on my BMax for, is when selecting tracks from the USB stick.

It might be handy when using the navigation in the IS though ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links