Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sirius, Enform, LoJack and AVS

Hi everyone,

I need a little help please. I have on order a new IS300h Luxury, (Premier in uk). This model seems to come with everything, with the acceptation of a sunroof and the latest Sat-Nav,  fitted as standard. At 70+ i now find it increasingly difficult keeping up with new tech. and terminology. 

Most of my questions are, i think, to do with communications. I have some understanding from the internet, but I'm still a little confused..

Sirius XM.   what is this please, is it useful? 

Lexus Enform.  this seems to be fitted in the U.S.A. Again, what does it do exactly, is it free for 10 years and is it useful?

LoJack.  I have been offered 'LoJack Premium Scout,' for four years, at a knockdown price of €450, instead of €1180. Again an American thing, not much useful information on the internet about this,         accept that it is a tracking device. I always thought Lexus cars came with trackers fitted free, my current IS300h has, this device is a subscription thing. Again, what does it do exactly, does it allow Lexus to track me 24/7, or, just if i have the car stolen?

AVS.   Now this is mechanical/hydraulic and not new, but i have never experienced it before. I understand it's workings, but is it really going to make a difference to my ride quality?

I am sorry to ask what might seem to most such simple questions, with simple answers, but like many members, i was young and able once. My kids are in their mid. late 40's now,  probably like most LOC members and very tech.savvy. I struggle to keep up, as i adjust to one thing, it changes to something else, it's called progress. Progress for me will occur at my next birthday, maybe i should have retained my Austin Seven with the canvas top, no problems with that. Now all i want to do is travel trouble free and in comfort, Lexus achieves this. I also want to spend some of my hard earned savings, on things that give me pleasure in life, so the tax man and banks get less of it for free.

I would welcome any information that members could supply about my questions and i thank you in advance.

Best wishes.

Michael.

Hi Michael

Where are you based? If you are in the US then you may wish to join our US forum to get better feedback on US specific features:

https://us.lexusownersclub.com

Sirius XM is satellite radio (a bit like Sky TV here in the UK but for radio). I believe a subscription is needed to listen, in addition to the Sirius receiver. We don't have this in the UK as we have both national and regional radio stations transmitted from ground stations in FM and Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB).

Lexus Enform is a safety feature that can automatically call 911 in an accident and provide your location, plus a few other features.

LoJack is a tracking system. Lexus vehicles have an alarm and immobiliser fitted as standard but not a tracker. Lexus Enform can be used as a basic tracker but can be defeated and the police don't have direct access to it as they do with LoJack.

All of the above are US feature/products, they aren't available in the UK.

AVS is variable suspension. Standard suspension is a compromise between performance and comfort. AVS allows this to be adjusted, in theory softer than standard in comfort settings and hard in sports settings. Most people don't really notice enough difference to justify the expense. You really need to drive vehicles with/without AVS to form your own opinion.

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Hi Michael

Where are you based? If you are in the US then you may wish to join our US forum to get better feedback on US specific features:

https://us.lexusownersclub.com

Sirius XM is satellite radio (a bit like Sky TV here in the UK but for radio). I believe a subscription is needed to listen, in addition to the Sirius receiver. We don't have this in the UK as we have both national and regional radio stations transmitted from ground stations in FM and Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB).

Lexus Enform is a safety feature that can automatically call 911 in an accident and provide your location, plus a few other features.

LoJack is a tracking system. Lexus vehicles have an alarm and immobiliser fitted as standard but not a tracker. Lexus Enform can be used as a basic tracker but can be defeated and the police don't have direct access to it as they do with LoJack.

All of the above are US feature/products, they aren't available in the UK.

AVS is variable suspension. Standard suspension is a compromise between performance and comfort. AVS allows this to be adjusted, in theory softer than standard in comfort settings and hard in sports settings. Most people don't really notice enough difference to justify the expense. You really need to drive vehicles with/without AVS to form your own opinion.

Hi Colin,

I am based in Italy. 

(DAB) i understand and get with little trouble. I now understand about Sirius XM also and there relationship, thanks to your description.

Lexus Enform I now have a better understanding of also. Nothing for me to bother with here.

LoJack, again, now i understand it better. 

AVS seems a little like buying a new Lexus, try the F. Sport, then try the standard model and see which ride suits you best.

As mentioned, LoJack is an American product, it has been sold to me, so i just hope the national police here and in the rest of Europe are kitted out to interact with it, if ever it is needed.

i thank you for your very precise, informative reply. I now have a much clearer view on what makes the world go around, ( Lexus world) of course, regarding these matters. I just wonder how many other members have had similar problems understanding the technical jargon.

Maybe you should apply for a staff job, you seem amply qualified. :whistling1: 

Best wishes.

Michael.

Michael:  I'm guessing what you have on order is a special import model since Sirius, Enform and LoJack are not in the specifications of any IS

model for Italy (or, as far as I know, any European country).  If the importation is through an authorised Lexus dealer, there will be nothing to worry

about, but if it is through a third-party importer you will need to check, if you have not done so already,  whether the car corresponds to official  

local specifications as declared and registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles ("Motorizzazione") by Lexus Italia in its capacity as the

manufacturer's representative.                                                       

5 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Michael:  I'm guessing what you have on order is a special import model since Sirius, Enform and LoJack are not in the specifications of any IS

model for Italy (or, as far as I know, any European country).  If the importation is through an authorised Lexus dealer, there will be nothing to worry

about, but if it is through a third-party importer you will need to check, if you have not done so already,  whether the car corresponds to official  

local specifications as declared and registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles ("Motorizzazione") by Lexus Italia in its capacity as the

manufacturer's representative.                                                       

Hi Renato,

Sirius and Enform, were items that i had read about and did not fully understand. Colin explained about them, so now I do.  LoJack  Premium Scout was, as I mentioned, provided at €450 instead of €1180 by the dealer, for a four year period of cover.  I did not find LoJack's website very user friendly, so I asked on here to get some clarification about it.

I buy my cars at, Spotorno car, in Milan. They were a Toyota dealer selling Lexus, but last year they became a Lexus dealer also. I never allow them to valet my cars and Rocco is almost my personal mechanic.

Thanks for your interest. 

Best wishes.

Michael.