Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential future NX owner looking for some answers which I didn't find answered in the owner's manual I downloaded.

1. If you have the Blind Spot Monitor option installed, do you automatically get Rear Crossing Traffic Alert buzzer? The owner's manual seems to suggest that the Rear Crossing Traffic Alert is not included by default if you have Blind Spot Monitor option installed. Do these two come together or not?

2. If you have the Lane Departure Alert option installed, do you automatically get Steering Control assist which steers the steering wheel to help you stay in lane? Again, the owner's manual seems to suggest that the Steering Control assist is not included by default if you have Lane Departure Alert option installed. Do these two come together or not?

I'm asking for the first generation of NX from 2014 to 2018.

Thanks a lot!

1. Yes the two come together - both features utilise the same radar detectors installed inside the rear wings/bumper.

2. I believe for UK vehicles the LDA feature comes with steering control - note this isn't Lane Keep Assist which is meant to keep the vehicle within the centre of a lane, it will give a small pull on the wheel if you cross a white line without indicating first.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rexleonis said:

The manual says that the Steering control indicator (picture of a steering wheel) illuminates in the dashboard when "the small pull" happens.

Yes, it illuminates in the dashboard, also the HUD if you have it. 

And you can set it to vibrate or give you an audible alert instead. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links