Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well the powers that be have finally tracked me down and I have been summoned to appear!

Not to keen as I have presently Not got a noise of any kind eminating from the dashboard and will be most peeved if I have one afterwards!

Passenger AirBag you say? well I can count the fingers on one hand the number of times I have had any passengers in my 250 since owning it Last August!

Lexus AirBag ReCall.jpg

Don't think you'll get any fuel with that recall....unless you have had to make a longish journey to the dealer.

Wouldn't hurt to mention that the dash is silent when you drop the car off! 

I actually got my wife to make a video for about 10 mins while driving to prove (if it had been necessary) that there were no noises whatsoever inside the car  or from the dash. Thankfully it was not needed as the work was done and all was good and silent again. Happy days

• Like 1

Just looked and nearest dealership is 5.4 miles from my house so don't expect any fuel but they might just do it for all anyway! Taking it in with fuel light on ( approx 2.4 Gall / 11L remaining) might help!

paul m.

The fuel thing seems a bit random. In the big topic about the airbag recall, some got fuel, some didn't. I'm only 11 miles away from Lexus Edinburgh and I got fuel, a courtesy car, my car washed & vac'd, plus a bottle of Lexus water! :smile:LexusWater.thumb.jpg.206003d7f0e21b288ce7068f17bf4f13.jpg

3 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Remember and take it in with half a tank or less.

Not necessarily. I took my 250 to Lexus Wolverhampton with about a quarter of a tank and got nothing.

No fuel in the wife's IS250 but we did enjoy the free coffee and Danish pastries on offer.

Got a white IS200T for the day. Very nice looking and nearly new car. Was expecting better from a modern 2 litre turbo but found the performance very poor and the engine sound was dire compared to the 6 cylinder V6.

can't tell you how nice it was to get back into the IS250.

• Like 1

I'm about 6 miles from the dealer.  I had the option of having a loaner or collection.  

I chose collection,  I got 25 quid of fuel,  wash / valet and a condition report.  

They mentioned stuck caliper, auto headlight leveller and loose drivers door handle and play in the water pump to sort out. 

Well you know what they say Chris "there is now such thing as a free lunch", they are probably hoping you put the car back in for all the work they mentioned in the condition report. Then the £25 will soon pale into significance when you see the bill they hit you with. Hope you're handy with the spanners or know a good indie. Still well done, the £25 is in your tank.

I've got new rear pads and disks in the garage,  hoping to do it today but rain stopped play. 

No idea about headlight leveller but I'll have a poke about.  

Water pump is a job for the summer,  looks a good days work