Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner of RX400h

I have just purchased a 2008 RX400h with 118,000 miles on the clock, are their any known issues that I should look at and check with this particular model.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi Steve

Check for water ingress in the rear light clusters and boot.

If you have a sunroof then it is worth opening it and pouring water around the edge cutter and make sure it drains away and comes out underneath the vehicle.

Also check the underside for corrosion and possibly consider added extra underseal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Hi Steve

If you have a sunroof then it is worth opening it and pouring water around the edge cutter and make sure it drains away and comes out underneath the vehicle.

Also check the underside for corrosion and possibly consider added extra underseal.

Thanks for the info, I will check all of these points this week. 

There was an inverter recall which you should check has been done (I'm sure it has). I've heard of one or two inverter issues and one or two rear motor issues. No other issues directly related to the hybrid system, but Battery issues caused by water damage have also been reported.

Nothing that you can really do about this, other than possibly consider a used Lexus warranty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lydiamight said:

Check for corrosion on the rear discs---usually a sign that the calliper slide pins are sticking

I had the same problem with my is220d lol

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, ColinBarber said:

Hi Steve

"possibly consider added extra underseal."

Does anyone have an opinion on undersealing?

I'm told my car has quite a lot of surface rust underneath... ( though not a safety issue ).

🤔

Not underseal but I get a local garage to have a good go round with Waxoyl on both my Lexus/Lexus's/Lexus'/Lexi. Japanese cars do have that probably now unfounded reputation but for the 30 quid I think it costs me I think it's worth doing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links