Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry for the second thread in one day, but have been looking at getting some mats for my mk4 400. When I bought the car it was missing a passenger mat anyway so not fussed on aftermarket.

Been looking at some on eBay but had a look on some reviews and people have seemed to say that the fit around the accelerator pedal doesn't quite sit right. Are there any reccomendations before I bite the bullet and get some anyway. The cheaper ones are 20 quid, some thicker ones are 35 so not crazy money.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I believe the mats you refer to on eBay do represent excellent value (especially compared to originals) and the eyelets to stop the mats moving at the front are essential.

My LS430 driver's side eyelets got ripped out the last time I had the car valet cleaned - I think on cheaper build cars they pull out more easily and the valet guys assumed the same. Fortunately I was able to replace one of them which is enough to keep the mat in place.

Treat yourself to the thicker pile! 

I reckon, with a sewing machine that can do heavy duty edging, you could make special custom mats!
Your name in silver/gold thread, etc.?
My DS 23 in 70s had lovely deep squishy carpets. So some shag-pile?
Unfortunately not something I have access too and don't necessarily need that much attention to detail (yet!) Definitely an idea for the future

I believe the mats you refer to on Ebay do represent excellent value (especially compared to originals) and the eyelets to stop the mats moving at the front are essential.
My LS430 driver's side eyelets got ripped out the last time I had the car valet cleaned - I think on cheaper build cars they pull out more easily and the valet guys assumed the same. Fortunately I was able to replace one of them which is enough to keep the mat in place.
Treat yourself to the thicker pile! 

I think they seem good value too which is what I'm keen on. I have attached a pic as I know people say the floor pedals do vary slightly but these mats are 1300g, whereas the cheaper ones do say model specific but are 650g. Going from the replies to this thread I'd be more keen on plusher carpets!

Is there a major deal or variance around the pedals?
f0babfa74282e49975bc8795ca6b993b.jpg

Simple concept, really. The amount of ads (looking at RX350s) that have mucky/worn carpets in pictures.  Would add ££s to perceived value.

'Deep pile'? Just put some rubber underlay beneath?

• Like 1

Simple concept, really. The amount of ads (looking at RX350s) that have mucky/worn carpets in pictures.  Would add ££s to perceived value.

'Deep pile'? Just put some rubber underlay beneath?

There is already some rubber top mats but just want something nicer to look at and rest my feet on. Definitely part of what you say about perceived value. Would make me feel like I'm in a more luxury car

I’ve got a thread on here somewhere - I had some made up from original Lexus mat templates so fit is excellent in my mk4
But how much were they after being made up? Don't want to be spending loads and custom usually means more ££ lol

Well it won’t be custom now as they have a template made from my mats.
will need to check but I’m thinking 90-100 tops
Yeah that's quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend lol. I think I'll just give the ones I posted above a go and let you all know how I get on

I used a supplier on eBay and the mats that arrived did not fit my Mk IV correctly (earlier LS400, I suppose). To be fair, I then sent them a pattern of the existing factory mats and they copied it well (and presumably now have the correct pattern for Mk IVs...)

18 hours ago, Newbie1 said:

I used a supplier on ebay and the mats that arrived did not fit my Mk IV correctly (earlier LS400, I suppose). To be fair, I then sent them a pattern of the existing factory mats and they copied it well (and presumably now have the correct pattern for Mk IVs...)

photo?

The holding studs on my Car seem to ave failed and it s areal nuisance with mats slipping forward.  Do people use Velcro glued to factory carpet  and to mats? or what other advice is out there? 

ps  My W140 series had Long Hair Sheep Skin mats which may be OK if you like driving in Slippers, but the Merc Throttle could be very taxing on the foot on long drives so they were sold to someone who likes the woolly dice sort of thing.

On 16/04/2018 at 12:46 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

photo?

The holding studs on my Car seem to ave failed and it s areal nuisance with Mats slipping forward.  Do people use Velcro glued to factory carpet  and to mats? or what other advice is out there? 

ps  My W140 series had Long Hair Sheep Skin Mats which may be OK if you like driving in Slippers, but the Merc Throttle could be very taxing on the foot on long drives so they were sold to someone who likes the woolly dice sort of thing.

Just found them. I'll get some pics up later.

I'm pretty happy with them and they seem equal to the weight and loft of the Lexus, but without the nice woven edges of OEM. Retaining holes are nicely reinforced. The fit is good, second time around after sending in a pattern of OEM mats. One small bother is that the driver's mat came with a tag with logo on it, but it can be removed neatly enough.

IMG_20180422_165509187.jpg

IMG_20180422_165522298.jpg

IMG_20180422_165605149.jpg

• Like 1