Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi and help!

Hi all, new to forum so hello😁

I am looking at buying a GSF from my local Lexus dealer in Hedge End Hampshire. 

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-50-F-4dr-Saloon/Mark-Levinson-Sunroof-pbbmkpp

I was wondering if this car is known by anyone here? I have test driven it but upon entry, it smelled like an exsmokers car, but was assured by the sales rep that it was the smell of the leather seats!

And could someone please confirm mpg, this car was showing 8 mpg after reset, and after a 30 mile test drive! Is this mpg usual or unusual.

Thanks in advance🤗

• Like 1

If it smells of smoke find another one.

The dealer would have tried to mask the smell with product, it'll come back.

Trust me, I've been valeting cars for almost thirty years.

• Like 2

i could understand it showing 8mpg before the 30 mile test drive as the car has possibly been moved around the forecourt and the engine left running, but 8mpg after the test drive seems very low to me, I got 17mpg from my RC-F and the  LC  is around the same, thats traveling  very short trips though. I would expect to get 19/22/under normal length driving trips, depending on how it was driven.

• Like 1

@Paul zug Hi Paul I've checked my own data base on this car and have found nothing of interest or concern about its previous use, smoking in cars is extremely difficult to eradicate, as regards the mpg it's simply as others have said it's where it's been manoeuvred around and so on.

If a Black car was to figure in your choice of those available at the moment I know of one at a Lexus dealership that has an absolutely impeccable history.

Big Rat

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Paul zug Hi Paul I've checked my own data base on this car and have found nothing of interest or concern about its previous use, smoking in cars is extremely difficult to eradicate, as regards the mpg it's simply as others have said it's where it's been manoeuvred around and so on.

If a Black car was to figure in your choice of those available at the moment I know of one at a Lexus dealership that has an absolutely impeccable history.

Big Rat

Please advise on location. Colour choice is not an issue for me. Only looked at the one due to its location to me.😀

• Like 1

Thanks for all the information guys. Very helpful and interesting. My mind is reassured regarding mpg. Not that a lowish mpg worries me, used to sub 20 in my old 370z!

• Like 1

On 14/04/2018 at 7:40 PM, Paul zug said:

Hi all, new to forum so hello😁

I am looking at buying a GSF from my local Lexus dealer in Hedge End Hampshire. 

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-50-F-4dr-Saloon/Mark-Levinson-Sunroof-pbbmkpp

I was wondering if this car is known by anyone here? I have test driven it but upon entry, it smelled like an exsmokers car, but was assured by the sales rep that it was the smell of the leather seats!

And could someone please confirm mpg, this car was showing 8 mpg after reset, and after a 30 mile test drive! Is this mpg usual or unusual.

Thanks in advance🤗

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

Should you end up buying the ex-smokers edition let me know. I have a tried and tested process which has managed to completely eradicate any smell of smoke from cars, including my current ISF (which I am pretty sure was owned by Dot Cotton) and 3 of my previous cars that must have each been used on the set of a Dr Dre production.

I managed to knock ÂŁ2k off the asking price of my ISF due to the smell of smoke. Took me about 4 hours of graft and the smell is totally gone.

Managed to stumble across two great techniques online and use a combination of the two.

Might be worth it if you can use the smell as a bargaining chip.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 8:28 AM, NothernDan said:

Should you end up buying the ex-smokers edition let me know. I have a tried and tested process which has managed to completely eradicate any smell of smoke from cars, including my current ISF (which I am pretty sure was owned by Dot Cotton) and 3 of my previous cars that must have each been used on the set of a Dr Dre production.

I managed to knock ÂŁ2k off the asking price of my ISF due to the smell of smoke. Took me about 4 hours of graft and the smell is totally gone.

Managed to stumble across two great techniques online and use a combination of the two.

Good luck!!

Thank you for the information. I am currently like a headless chicken. Do I , don't I! Which one, black, blue ,white......Help.........lol

On 15/04/2018 at 12:45 PM, mrfunex said:

Another black GSF at a Hedge End! I bought the last one - absolutely love it!! 

I believe the black one is a private car that belongs to the senior sales rep. That's what I was told by hen sales guy that took me out in the white one. 

Can I ask what you love about the car you own? 

On 16/04/2018 at 8:28 AM, NothernDan said:

Good luck!!

Please share your technique. Am sure loads of folk on here will be interested. Me included.

1 hour ago, Paul zug said:

I believe the black one is a private car that belongs to the senior sales rep. That's what I was told by hen sales guy that took me out in the white one. 

Can I ask what you love about the car you own? 

Mine was an ex-Lexus managerial car.

I ran an ISF for several years beforehand. I’d seen a GSF in the showroom when it was released and was smitten. I love the interior detailing - the alcantara, the updated tech, the more comfortable seats. Outside, I love the styling - especially the carbon bits! The GSF drives a tiny bit softer than my ISF did - it just feels a little more grown up. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul zug said:

Which one, black, blue ,white......Help.........lol

To which the obvious answer is........dramatic pause................Red

Hold on.................!

Might not be a deal yet, FFS! 

Just discovered they have given me a really low PX value compared to , "we buy any car!" 

So negotiations are now restarting. If they can't come to the table with a better offer, deals off!!!!!!!

Right, off to look at the Guildford one.........!

Should have done my due diligence first!

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

You will do well to get a good deal, the Surrey tax will be in full force.

Prey tell of said Surry Tax kind sir. Is this another stealth tax imposed on us poor mortals? To be honest, I have a deal on the table, which in fairness is just as good as Cheltenhams, but, they are giving me a better PX value. Reason behind buying Cheltenham car was the colour combo. 

Their used prices are always the highest in the country and trade ins never that great either. However in this case you could do well, that GS F hasn't been with them for long so there is probably quite a lot margin they can negotiate with as they haven't had to reduce the asking price month on month.

On 21/04/2018 at 4:15 AM, Paul zug said:

Hold on.................!

Might not be a deal yet, FFS! 

Just discovered they have given me a really low PX value compared to , "we buy any car!" 

So negotiations are now restarting. If they can't come to the table with a better offer, deals off!!!!!!!

Right, off to look at the Guildford one.........!

Should have done my due diligence first!

I talked to them about that car as well, cost to change was too high. Really low trade in was a big part of the problem. So I’m thinking about selling my f to wbac or similar and driving around in my old rangie for a while. Slight issue of fuel consumption to contend with though. 

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up. I did not buy the GSF from Cheltenham. So they decided to keep my £500 deposit. So if anyone wants to buy it, there is a minimum of £500 to be taken off the list price. And 1 day after not proceeding, they lowered the price by 2k!  Also, there are a lot of chips in the wind screen. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1