Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's time to say bye bye to the is220d section and say hello in the RX400h section, thanks for all the help and guidance I've had over the last 18 months with my first Lexus, I've learnt a lot about the good and bad points of the is220d along the way!

1 hour ago, acer54 said:

It's time to say bye bye to the is220d section and say hello in the RX400h section, thanks for all the help and guidance I've had over the last 18 months with my first Lexus, I've learnt a lot about the good and bad points of the is220d along the way!

What were the good and bad points from someone who has just bought a 2006 high mileage 220D? What issues did you have? I bet you love your new Lexus.

James.

Don't get the new one till Thursday and I can't wait lol

These are the issues I had with mine.

1. EGR needs cleaning about every 5,000 miles.

2. Brake caliper sliding pins usually seize up and need inspecting/cleaning every 6 months.

3. 6th gear is unusable unless you are doing at least 80 mph and breaking the law.

The rest was just routine wear and tear maintenance.

Nothing terrible then, when you hear prone to head gasket issues. How many miles has yours done?

Mine is on 185,000 and still works well. I agree 6th gear is lazy/feels sluggish from when I have used it from 50mph. I saw that the EGR valve can be cleaned DIY on a youtube video.

Mine has Lexus service history to 48,000 then after  new owner serviced it every year since for the last 8 years. I phoned the garage where the previous owner had it serviced and the clutch, is original (Unless changed under warranty) and he never had any trouble apart from water pump (2015), egr clean and brakes, pads and servicing. He said he used to go to Devon every year with the owner.

We'll see how it goes as only done 250 miles this week in it since owning.

James:thumbsup:

22 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

Nothing terrible then, when you hear prone to head gasket issues. How many miles has yours done?

Mine is on 185,000 and still works well. I agree 6th gear is lazy/feels sluggish from when I have used it from 50mph. I saw that the EGR valve can be cleaned DIY on a youtube video.

Mine has Lexus service history to 48,000 then after  new owner serviced it every year since for the last 8 years. I phoned the garage where the previous owner had it serviced and the clutch, is original (Unless changed under warranty) and he never had any trouble apart from water pump (2015), egr clean and brakes, pads and servicing. He said he used to go to Devon every year with the owner.

We'll see how it goes as only done 250 miles this week in it since owning.

Mine had done a little over 116,000 miles, regarding the head gasket issues I took out the Lexus extended warranty for two years which would have covered it.

1 hour ago, acer54 said:

Mine had done a little over 116,000 miles, regarding the head gasket issues I took out the Lexus extended warranty for two years which would have covered it.

Wise move! I hear the car has to be less than 10 years old and under 140,000. It's a good deal.

The IS 250 certainly hold their value, judging by the other posters search for one!

Roll on Thursday for you!

• Like 1