Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would like to service my Lexus soon and wondered if anyone has used an eBay service kit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/301177489473?ul_noapp=true

Is it better to pay more for QE and if so any recommended suppliers and service kits for the IS220D?

Where abouts in the engine bay, is the air con recharge point in the 220Diesel?

James:thumbsup:

Thanks both. Good to know people have used similar. Yes it helps as now I know roughly where it is so I can point the garage who is doing the recharge in the right direction. Looks as if I need to remove the bottom right engine cover trim.

Thanks. James:thumbsup:

I tend to buy all my service parts from eBay, but I am quite particuar about the brand of the components.... I would be nevous about the link shared, as it isn't at all clear what you are getting.

Worth checking Lexus eBay shops first... birmingham and sheffield have both been helpful .... then move onto the blueprint and mann etc...

I am not too keen on using parts from eBay as I am not convinced the parts are always genuine - take the spark plugs that have been found to be fake in the past - just cheap enough to be thinking you are getting a good deal but not too dear to make you think they are not worth buying.

I would rather, with certain items, buy genuine as if you are putting in a fake part, take the plugs as an example, £50 for the plugs may cost you £££££'s in repairs due to failures.

Not saying they are all fakes but its wise to be careful - the genuine sellers as mentioned above are best to deal with such as Lex Birmingham / Sheffield etc. or use a recognised dealer or outlet. Filters etc fine, I would use these but plugs, oils etc I would be wary of.

Realising the fitted parts are fake after a failure, would an eBay seller have the means to refund the cost of the repair to the car if found out it was their parts that were supplied that caused the issue - more than likely possible from a main dealer or other main store outlet I would have thought...

22 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

I am not too keen on using parts from ebay as I am not convinced the parts are always genuine - take the spark plugs that have been found to be fake in the past - just cheap enough to be thinking you are getting a good deal but not too dear to make you think they are not worth buying.

I would rather, with certain items, buy genuine as if you are putting in a fake part, take the plugs as an example, £50 for the plugs may cost you £££££'s in repairs due to failures.

Not saying they are all fakes but its wise to be careful - the genuine sellers as mentioned above are best to deal with such as Lex Birmingham / Sheffield etc. or use a recognised dealer or outlet. Filters etc fine, I would use these but plugs, oils etc I would be wary of.

Realising the fitted parts are fake after a failure, would an ebay seller have the means to refund the cost of the repair to the car if found out it was their parts that were supplied that caused the issue - more than likely possible from a main dealer or other main store outlet I would have thought...

Would agree with this statement for parts that are in crucial areas of a car...spark plugs, brake discs and pads, etc...whilst other parts....air filter, cab in filter and maybe even oil filter I would not necessarily say go OEM as many OEM parts and overpriced and probably made in the same factory as the other parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

With my Volvos I always buy a genuine Volvo oil filter and change the oil/filter every 5-6,000miles The Volvo filter contains a non return valve inside and not expensive from FRF Volvo.

I'm getting a garage to service the Lexus as can't be bothered to DIY. I have bought the kit on eBay, so I'll see what the parts are like when delivered and see what the garage thinks.

If the oil filter is rubbish I'll order a Lexus one from Birmingham.

Does my car have a pollen filter? If so where is it located?

James:thumbsup:

Its behind the rear wall of the glove box. See the link.

It's very important that you set the function to 'recirculate' before you do any tinkering with the lid.

and there's more here 

14 hours ago, normski2 said:

Its behind the rear wall of the glove box. See the link.

It's very important that you set the function to 'recirculate' before you do any tinkering with the lid.

and there's more here 

Thanks for the how too. I presume I start the engine, set to recirculate then switch engine off and filter box should be able to be removed? No AC needs to be on just recirculate?

Many thanks. James. 

If you remove shelf in glovebox and then remove panel at back of glovebox you will ( if controls are in 'Recirculate') be able to see paper filter element, if you turn off recirculate you will see a cover/flap move over and cover the filter, the mechanism that works this is easily broken if you try and open it manually or force it open to get to the filter.

paul m

• 1 year later...