Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential new owner

Hi All,

Went to our local Lexus garage to look at an IS300H.

Came out with me and wife, falling for the NX300h.

I have spent all weekend looking at specs and cars, we have multiple to choose from. 

Few questions:

1) Will a 2014/15 SE hold it’s value in the next few years?

2) What sort of discount would you normally expect on a used car? 

Thanks all,

J

Welcome

All the NXs will hold their quite value well over the next few years in percentage terms, but with an expensive car that percentage translated into thousands of pounds.

I think the 4WD models will be more desirable however the lowest priced model will always have an appeal to people who want an NX but can only just afford one.

I'd try and get £1k off the price, you would do well to get it though as the NX sell quite well. Try and negotiate at the end of the month, or end of the dealer's financial quarter, to get a bigger discount and push for free services or warranty extensions if they are not willing to lower the price too much.

I’m looking at only SE/Luxury models and I think these were all 4 whee drive. This is an important factor.

We really don’t want to buy a diesel 4x4 at the moment so the NX, gets big points. The German rivals do not seem to bring out hybrids quickly.

12 minutes ago, JB2018 said:

I’m looking at only SE/Luxury models and I think these were all 4 whee drive. This is an important factor.

Apologies, you are correct. I was thinking of the current grade range where the SE is the base model with only FWD. The 2014-2017 range had the S as the base FWD model, SE upwards were 4WD.

From a Lexus dealer you're unlikely to get more than £1k off a used car. Most give about £500. 

These vehicles will lose roughly £2-4k per year at their current used prices

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links