Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Silver Sounds RCF

Thanks for posting the video 👍🏻

Gives me a bit of a taster - my QS is arriving shortly & being fitted on Saturday.

Looking forward to waking up the Cotswolds on my way home 😉😆

• Like 4

ooh that is gooood....

I want one!!!

How does it compare at motorway speeds, any drone or intrusive noise? Given how much of my life I spend on motorways........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonP said:

ooh that is gooood....

I want one!!!

How does it compare at motorway speeds, any drone or intrusive noise? Given how much of my life I spend on motorways........

There is a spot about 2000 revs where it's quite loud but not unpleasant. In 8th I think it's about 90mph but if doing legal speeds it is almost as quiet as stock and then "switches on" with some throttle. Lovely burble when sat at lights but not loud or offensive to passers by etc. If in a high street you can waft passed people without them even noticing or you can put your foot in it and make sound reverberate off the walls :whistling:

31 minutes ago, Comedian said:

There is a spot about 2000 revs where it's quite loud but not unpleasant. In 8th I think it's about 90mph but if doing legal speeds it is almost as quiet as stock and then "switches on" with some throttle. Lovely burble when sat at lights but not loud or offensive to passers by etc. If in a high street you can waft passed people without them even noticing or you can put your foot in it and make sound reverberate off the walls :whistling:

Damn but that sounds perfect... Is that just a replacement for the back boxes or does it also include new cats etc?

• Like 1

Just back boxes  - it shouldn't be considered a performance mod. I prefer the looks and sound.  @JonP

As long as fitted by a Lexus dealer it should not effect the warranty etc. @Big Rat has more on that.

12 hours ago, Comedian said:

A very amateur video that might hopefully be useful to potential purchasers.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Naughty.  Like that.  A lot.

• Like 2

Cheers for that. Only issue for me is the lack of a valve. I had a neighbour complain about my isf. During the summer i will leave the house at 6 and sometimes 5 and it was just too loud. Even with shifting to gear. When the times comes I’ll speak with  rat about the possibility of a valve or I’ll have to look elsewhere. Sounds lovely though. 

• Like 2

Good work Sean.  Had a quick run last night up to Castle Combe in mine.  Love the sound especially with the roof and windows open, gear changes are great.  Roll on the warmer weather :yahoo:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mattmech said:

Good work comedian, sound much much better, nice deep rumble as it should have been 👍🏻

Enjoy the drive back David, about time you got the exhaust note sorted!

matt

Hi Matt hope you and yours are all well mate.

Yes its taken me long enough!! - was originally in discussions with warranty re H&S exhaust for the ISF when I was bullied (completely against my will) into buying the RCF by the Boss :wink3:

Glad you are pleased with the USRS's - only other thing I would like to have done to the ISF had the warranty not scuppered it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAW said:

Hi Matt hope you and yours are all well mate.

Yes its taken me long enough!! - was originally in discussions with warranty re H&S exhaust for the ISF when I was bullied (completely against my will) into buying the RCF by the Boss :wink3:

Glad you are pleased with the USRS's - only other thing I would like to have done to the ISF had the warranty not scuppered it.

I hate it when you’re forced into a car purchase!

she looks cracking though.

will take a while to get rid of the smile when you do a high rev Down change with that exhaust.  Never gets old doing that :biggrin:

hopefully catch up this summer so I can have a better look.

matt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

I hate it when you’re forced into a car purchase!

she looks cracking though.

will take a while to get rid of the smile when you do a high rev Down change with that exhaust.  Never gets old doing that :biggrin:

hopefully catch up this summer so o I can have a better look.

matt

Yes mate we should do that👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Yes mate we should do that👍🏻

Is anyone setting up meets since I left the fold? Would be keen to see some rcf’s now I am looking to buy one. 

• Like 1

@Peter P18 Pete very kindly organised the last Bluewater meet.

I would certainly be up for another - haven't got the foggiest on how to set up a poll for a suitable summer date though!!

Would also be good to catch up with @MattmechMatt & Pete. :thumbup:

Very keen to see Pete's car now he has the supercharger installed - It was impressive enough before this latest mod!! :wink3:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAW said:

@Peter P18 Pete very kindly organised the last Bluewater meet.

I would certainly be up for another - haven't got the foggiest on how to set up a poll for a suitable summer date though!!

Would also be good to catch up with @MattmechMatt & Pete. :thumbup:

Very keen to see Pete's car now he has the supercharger installed - It was impressive enough before this latest mod!! :wink3:

Be good to catch up, try and get a few more this time. It was a good mini meet though!

happy to venture over your side of the water :zorro:

matt

• Like 1

So the exhaust was installed yesterday -

Wow it’s bloody epic!!. Mellow at low revs but always audible and just builds with the revs yet is quiet at 70mph until you prod the accelerator. It is loader at start up, but as others have suggested drops immediately it’s put in gear. Was shadowed by C63 coupe black edition (with all the aero kit) on my way home & we ended up passing each other at various points - the QS sound masked the AMG’s exhaust completely.

Its so nice to be changing gear again based purely on the engine sound. The induction sound at 3.5k is now barely audible in the linear increase in sound as the revs rise. For me it has made the RCF a very special car indeed. I keep finding excuses to go for a drive & then can’t stop smiling - boys & toys!!

I would like to thank Lexus Cheltenham, especially Tim, Alex & Paul who we watched install the exhaust. It was a real eye opener seeing how a dealership can be run by a bunch of great guys who are all  petrol heads/enthusiasts & it will now be my first port of call for any advice etc.

And of course a massive thank you to Paul @Big Rat for going to so much trouble on my behalf (organising everything) & for also introducing me to the delights of the AV8 cafe at Kemble - of course cake was provided 😉😆

It was a great day!!.

I have attached a short video 🤞& apologise for the expletives

E85E9BDB-6935-4722-91FF-A6848A967804.MOV

• Like 6

@DAW Great write up David thankyou enjoyed the day and so did Lexus Cheltenham again !

They are are a great bunch no doubt about that, the Dealer Principle Tim Huxley is running a Rcf himself and  is so impressed with the quality and sound has asked me to order one for his car 😁

Just love the ‘F’ car enhanced recognition of late gives us all more to smile about 👍

🐀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DAW said:

Apologies video clip didn’t work - not sure why at the mo?

@DAW David I tried to upload same method as you last nite of my car, that format can be problematic you need to upload it to YouTube and link it that way.

🐀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1