Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner and Sat Nav

Hi guys,

just took delivery of a lovely shiny new NX300h Luxury version 3 weeks ago, love the vehicle easily the best vehicle I’ve ever owned but I have a problem that’s driving me mad. 

Surprise, surprise it’s regarding the Sat Nav system (in short I hate it), but there are two problems in particular that are driving me mad. 

1) Every time I program in a new destination the sat hav adds a stop over that is 80 yards from where I live. This means I have to go in manually to the route option to delete the stopover. Found this out when going somewhere without realising a stopover was set and the system kept trying to take me back to the stopover even when I was over 30 miles away. 

2) Have the map mode set to 3D and like it zoomed in to about 50 yards (like to see the name of the streets where I am). Trouble is when driving in route guidance mode, apart from near junctions and turns it zooms out automatically without me having a say. Bloody annoying. 

Finally are there any apps available in the UK, I created an account on the Lexus portal but when clicking on the e-store option in apps on the menu it whirls around for a few minutes then just stops. 

Hoping for for some advice from you lovely people. 

9 minutes ago, tonydryer said:

Hi guys,

just took delivery of a lovely shiny new NX300h Luxury version 3 weeks ago, love the vehicle easily the best vehicle I’ve ever owned but I have a problem that’s driving me mad. 

Surprise, surprise it’s regarding the Sat Nav system (in short I hate it), but there are two problems in particular that are driving me mad. 

1) Every time I program in a new destination the sat hav adds a stop over that is 80 yards from where I live. This means I have to go in manually to the route option to delete the stopover. Found this out when going somewhere without realising a stopover was set and the system kept trying to take me back to the stopover even when I was over 30 miles away. 

2) Have the map mode set to 3D and like it zoomed in to about 50 yards (like to see the name of the streets where I am). Trouble is when driving in route guidance mode, apart from near junctions and turns it zooms out automatically without me having a say. Bloody annoying. 

Finally are there any apps available in the UK, I created an account on the Lexus portal but when clicking on the e-store option in apps on the menu it whirls around for a few minutes then just stops. 

Hoping for for some advice from you lovely people. 

For point 2 - there is a setting in the nav system called "automatic zoom". You need to switch that off. Page 95 onwards of the PDF

https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omnav-s/OM78229U/pdf/OM78229U.pdf

In terms of the sat nav - it should go directly to the destination unless you're pressing something to make it put a stop somewhere. I would go through the settings and delete all the memory points and try it again

• Like 1

Could it be that you have your home destination set as postcode and not your exact home address? This way the car starts up and the satnav thinks you haven't completed your previous journey to your home and takes you there first? If this doesn't work, perhaps it's worth resetting to factory defaults / deleting all personal data?

• Thanks 1

There are quite often issues with the Lexus Portal, however the biggest issue I've found is the browser.

I use Chrome as my main browser, and the Lexus Portal just doesn't seem to like it, yet it seems to work better in Edge (Windows 10), it may be worth a try.

Vince

• Like 1

Actually Paulrnx you may have something there, I park my car in a parking area that is off road. It’s not on the map so used postcode to set my home address, that may explain why the stopover is always just 80 yards away. Although in that case wouldn’t the system prompt me to add a stopover when setting a new destination. Maybe I’ll just delete the old destination before I set the new one to be sure. 

Thanks all all for some great answers, there’s a lot to go on.

I had the same the other day going to Northampton put the post code for the car park, the sat nav told me I had arrived but being in a queue of traffic at traffic lights just didn't seem like the right place to park?

• Like 1

What I recall from my old Honda after entering the post code it would then ask you to select the street name from the list, then the number and it would take you where you needed to be.

• Like 1

I think we have the answer above. My postcode was set as my home address but because I was parking off road it never thought I’d actually completed my trip. I’ve now changed the home address to the location where it’s parked. Seems to have cured the problem. 

Still like to know now the answer to the app issue though. 

• 3 weeks later...

My NX300h Luxury is very new like yours.  The sales guy showed me the apps Icon and said it is very much 'work in progress' for the UK.  I hope its worth the wait!

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, rayaans said:

For point 2 - there is a setting in the nav system called "automatic zoom". You need to switch that off. Page 95 onwards of the PDF

https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omnav-s/OM78229U/pdf/OM78229U.pdf

The manual says: "When it is enabled, as the vehicle approaches a guidance point, the map will change to a detailed map automatically."

But what happens is the map changes to opposite - it zooms out at guidance points instead of zooming in! What the hell?

• 3 months later...

Worth noting that Police Advice is never to set your actual home address as home, always set it to a nearby location, just in case the car is stolen whilst you are out and about and the thieves high tail it for your home whilst you are out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links