Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to you all... I am getting water in the nearside Headlight between the glass and the bulb, is there any way to rectify this, or has anyone got a headlight for sale and if so how much...I have a...... Mark3 Lexus LS400 1995.

Thanks to you all........... Roy.

to dry it out just pop the cover off at the back and it should simply evaporate ...............  how water got there in the first place heaven knows .....  is the glass cracked a little ?

Malc

Hello... Thanks for your quick reply......................No the glass is not cracked.................and how do you remove the back off the headlight...you don't happen to live near Atherton, Manchester....I would gladly pay someone to do the job for me, as i am Disabled...................Thank you. Roy.

way down in Kent i'm afraid .............  the rubber covering should fee up some air flow / space ........... take it to your local servicing guy you usually use, it's a two minute job ............. a freebie i would think !

Malc

Thank you very much for that info................Cheers Roy.

PS..If anyone wants to have a do at rectifying my problem I will gladly pay them..................................Cheers Roy.

Roy, At the back of headlights you'll either find plastic caps or rubber bungs that hold in the bulbs

These caps/bung either unscrew or just roll back to reveal the bulb.

Pop out a bulb in the misted up lamp and leave in the sunshine for the moisture to evaporate.

Hopefully you can gain access from the engine compartment and don't need to remove the wheel arch liner or the headlamp unit itself.

If I were nearer then I'd happily pop in to give you a hand.  

attachment.php?attachmentid=380586&d=145

There are a few second hand units on eBay at the moment if you want to check they are the correct model?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS400-PASSENGER-HEAD-LIGHT-NEAR-SIDE-FRONT-LEFT-LAMP-1994-1997/132582042643?hash=item1ede816c13:g:qqsAAOSwubFagglP

Best of luck getting someone to fit/fix.

Some manufacturers design their light expecting water ingress and leave a ventilation tube or similar.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links